Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Preliminary Final vs. Sydney Swans, Saturday 17/09, 4:45pm, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bianco's only strength is finding space, on a smaller ground he can't do that he's gonna be in a lot more 1v1 contests which he is really bad at.

Carmichael will give us a lot more.

While plenty are questioning Bianco’s spot, the coach doesn’t appear to be one of them - if his press conference is anything to go on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Bianco goes out, the legit possibilites would be Henry, Carmichael, Cal or Krueger. I agree with others that Fin just isn't ready yet.

So I suppose it comes down to two main factors: how we want to set up on the SCG and how we match up on the Swans. Are there match ups we could exploit, for example, by bringing in an extra tall? Or would that extra key forward take away too much space for the other forwards and Cox/Cameron rotating?

This is actually a game where I'd love to have a well-developed Bobby Hill, Murley or Harrison in the side. Give them a little bit of licence to run. With our turnover game, having a player with elite speed to get off the chain and rebound the ball inside forward 50 would be invaluable.

Back to realistic options, I don't actually think there's an obvious answer to this and it'll be a really difficult decision for Fly & co. that they'll be mulling over for a while.

In rd22 we had the DeGoey late out, and Ginni go off at half time.

Meaning we played all 3 of Bianco, Carmichael and C.Brown for the second half.

DeGoey is made for finals, power and force a MASSIVE in.

I would revert back to Carmichael over Bianco as he has a bigger body and can potentially push forward on occasion too.

So
Out BIanco
In Carmichael

Sub - Kreuger

We have a lot of players who have scope for improvement from last night.
Sadly Trent doesn't have that scope.
Carmichael or Brown need to come in.

One of the coaches needs to get hold of Ash Johnson and let him know that he's allowed to be the best.

I wouldn't drop WHE. His combination play with Sidebottom and rotation on the wing can't be replaced by anyone not already in the team. I thought he was good bar his inexplicable misses.

Relevance? I don't see the connection
He was being a smartarse and suggesting my post made little sense.

But if he thought about it for more than 2 seconds he would have realised I was suggesting that Bianco offered little and that I think we need an additional marking target vs Sydney.

In rd22 we had the DeGoey late out, and Ginni go off at half time.

Meaning we played all 3 of Bianco, Carmichael and C.Brown for the second half.

DeGoey is made for finals, power and force a MASSIVE in.

I would revert back to Carmichael over Bianco as he has a bigger body and can potentially push forward on occasion too.

So
Out BIanco
In Carmichael

Sub - Kreuger
My thoughts as well. Don’t see Bianco offering anything more than JC would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last time we played Sydney at the G, Jolly was our ruck, Q stick was our full forward, Jordan Russell was streaming off half-back for us, and Nelson Mandela was still alive.

I think it’s only fair that this game be moved to the MCG so that more than a few thousand people can attend who even know what they’re watching.

Judging by flys presser I can't see anyone getting dropped incl bianco. Will be an interesting one. Still concerned about checkers though he looks horribly out of form. If it were me if consider bringing Henry in for him or Freddy. However I think considering our position he will play.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont think we should mess with our structures at this time of year.
Having said that, Krueger is fast and agile and can actually "play small". I think he could be quite effective as a defensive forward and link man, but has the added benefit of being able to spoil mccartins in the air . An interesting possibility, but certainly is more polished at AFL level than Bianco and Carmichael at this stage, who both still pick wrong options fairly often.

I thought Bianco was fine. Don't see what everyone is on about.
Have a read of the game day thread… if his parents read it they probably would have regretted having conceived him.

I thought Bianco started well, but then fell off a bit with a few mistakes. But overall, I’d be comfortable for him to retain his place given nobody is banging down the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back