Game Day Changes, prematch discussion & GDT vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. So if you get AFL Membership does it get you a "GA" ticket for the wing and then for the more popular games you can upgrade this to a reserved seat on the wing?

No, you have to book a seat to sit in the AFL members at Docklands - it's a small area, so if it's a big game you need to get in fast or you miss out (I book for North games as needed and Collingwood games, which are always needed, and I have missed out a few times if Ticketmaster hasn't been on song when they go on sale). If you just scan your card you can sit anywhere on level 3, unless it's an all-ticketed game when you have to book ahead. The booking fee at is about $7 a ticket for adults, plus $7 per transaction to Ticketmaster even if you print your own tickets.

MCG games you can just scan and sit anywhere in the very large members section, unless it's a ticketed game, when they sell either some or all of the reserve in advance for booked seats. If you book seats you just pay the seat booking fee of $7 or thereabouts, and I think ticketek have just started charging their own fee but it's only $2.50 per transaction so less than Docklands.

AFL full membership is now well over $500 a year for adults and they have just capped full membership, so if you are a "silver" member it will take many many years to wait for a spot to open up for full membership. Full membership gives you access to all matches including the GF in the members section - as a silver member, you are only a basic club member for GF ticket purposes.

If you are a club support AFL member, the club gets the basic membership price and the AFL keeps the rest. The main benefit for us is that we can can go to up to 40 games each a year featuring any clubs, so for me it covers all North's Melbourne H&A games plus whatever other games I want to attend (which is a nice option as a two-club family).

It's not for everyone but if you want to go to lots of games, not just North games, it can be good value.

Norths best is clearly better.

The problem is the Jeckyll and Hyde nature of performances really give you little confidence in picking a win.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson and come fully focused.

North by 24 o_O

If we're being fair dinkum beating the Suns in Melbourne is non negotiable.
That's not being cocky, that's just about where these two sides are at the moment.

If we play well they have zero chance of winning.

No, you have to book a seat to sit in the AFL members at Docklands - it's a small area, so if it's a big game you need to get in fast or you miss out (I book for North games as needed and Collingwood games, which are always needed, and I have missed out a few times if Ticketmaster hasn't been on song when they go on sale). If you just scan your card you can sit anywhere on level 3, unless it's an all-ticketed game when you have to book ahead. The booking fee at is about $7 a ticket for adults, plus $7 per transaction to Ticketmaster even if you print your own tickets.

MCG games you can just scan and sit anywhere in the very large members section, unless it's a ticketed game, when they sell either some or all of the reserve in advance for booked seats. If you book seats you just pay the seat booking fee of $7 or thereabouts, and I think ticketek have just started charging their own fee but it's only $2.50 per transaction so less than Docklands.

AFL full membership is now well over $500 a year for adults and they have just capped full membership, so if you are a "silver" member it will take many many years to wait for a spot to open up for full membership. Full membership gives you access to all matches including the GF in the members section - as a silver member, you are only a basic club member for GF ticket purposes.

If you are a club support AFL member, the club gets the basic membership price and the AFL keeps the rest. The main benefit for us is that we can can go to up to 40 games each a year featuring any clubs, so for me it covers all North's Melbourne H&A games plus whatever other games I want to attend (which is a nice option as a two-club family).

It's not for everyone but if you want to go to lots of games, not just North games, it can be good value.
Thanks H2H, that's very helpful. We're a two club family too (though my wife's interest in * has waned in the last 18 months) but we've got a 6 month old so we probably won't be able to get to enough games to make it worth while. Especially when it sounds like you have to pay $14 for just about every north home game (given they are all at docklands).

Bang on mate. A game we should win, but who knows?

We've made a habit of gaining and losing respect hence the media is a bit gun shy in pumping us up this week.

Last edited:
I think the great thing about our side now is that there's massive competition for spots.

With players like Wells, Spitta, Thompson, JMac, Atley, Garner, Wood, Tarrant, Harps, Wright all capable of playing in the seniors and didn't play against freo.

Hopefully, this will ensure players aren't complacent. and I think Bon needs to be a bit harsher on those who are underperforming to send a message to the players - be switched on or you'll be shipped out.

Jamwow will battle to get back in.

We haven't exactly missed him given 2 of our best wins in this era have come without him in the side and his direct replacement has been in the bests on both occasions.

There is no way I'd be dropping Levi for him either despite his form not being as good as it could be. Levi takes the hits that are usually reserved for Ziebell/Cunnington/Swallow. You can't underestimate how important it is that he is just there.

Firitto, Adams, Gibson are the only ones I can see being replaced. And Gibbo has been immense so you could argue that should he keep up the damaging aspect of his game, there would be no reason to replace him.

He and Jamwow are basically vying for the one spot. Defensive midfielders who run and kick goals. Huge limitations on effective damaging disposal but in most games, the good outweighs the bad.

Garner & Harper... Please get fit and into form ASAP as they are CRUCIAL and provide the point of difference, spark and creativity we are crying out for with this group.

Fair post but as usual we disagree on a few things. For one, Gibson is in career best form (albeit a short career to date) and is so far from being dropped it's not funny.

Firrito clearly has Jamwow's (where did this nickname come from btw?) spot as he was playing more permanent defense than defensive midfielder this year. At the moment Firrito has taken his opportunity and looks to have a tight grip on that spot so Jamie's return will depend on whether he can keep that up and possibly on Mullet's and McKenzie's form over the next two games.

Levi will lose his spot when Spitta returns so doesn't factor into the MacMillan discussion IMO.

I think FGs team is pretty spot on. But if all those players were available this week I'd argue Firrito has more rights to a spot than McKenzie.

My wife is coming partially for this reason. She is a * supporter but is also a North member :p
I hope that you have the responsibility for the indoctrination of the children.

Last edited:
I hope that you have the responsibility for the indoctrination of the children.
Absolutely. My sister-in-law still thinks she has a chance but she's in *donial :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, she's a north member (and not an *essendon one)

That is like saying she worships satan but isn't a member of a cult. :p

I don't bang on about Essendon like a lot of North supporters here do, but... they are still our enemy. :p

That is like saying she worships satan but isn't a member of a cult. :p

I don't bang on about Essendon like a lot of North supporters here do, but... they are still our enemy. :p
Haha my point is I'm slowly turning her towards the light

Plus I only agreed to marry her with the knowledge that our children would not be affected by her condition :p

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Last edited:
yep they were never going to risk swallow after 1 game and Wells will get picked in the squad but highly unlikely to play as stated few days ago.

Sometimes we want scoopy to be wrong :sad face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back