Game Day Changes, prematch discussion & GDT vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
disappointed with wrights selection, happy with jacobs and thompsons a given. it was a great win last week but really want to see jacobs get a good go. he was dropped, he went back to the vfl and dominated. hope he gets a shot.

Sunday, May 4
North Melbourne v Gold Coast
Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm AEST
NORTH MELBOURNE

In: S.Wright, S.Thompson, B.Jacobs
Out: -
GOLD COAST
In: T.Murphy, C.Dixon, T.Nicholls, H.Bennell, J.Taylor
Out: M.Warnock, J.Hutchins

Squad v Gold Coast
B: Michael Firrito, Nathan Grima, Aaron Mullett
HB: Sam Gibson, Joel Tippett, Shaun Atley
C: Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Adams, Robin Nahas
HF: Lindsay Thomas, Aaron Black, Ben Cunnington
F: Majak Daw, Drew Petrie, Lachlan Hansen
Fol: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Brent Harvey
Int From: Ryan Bastinac, Levi Greenwood, Luke McDonald, Brad McKenzie, Ben Jacobs, Sam Wright, Scott Thompson

In: Sam Wright, Scott Thompson, Ben Jacobs

Tippett named in the 18?!

Not often one of the 18 will get cut from the Sunday squad.

Yes.

Int From: Ryan Bastinac, Levi Greenwood, Luke McDonald, Brad McKenzie, Ben Jacobs, Sam Wright, Scott Thompson

Not sure it means anything, the final team on Friday will be the one that matters.

I want Tippo to stay in. ****ed if I know who will make way for Thompson, but not sure you can drop him after a very very good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

Not sure it means anything, the final team on Friday will be the one that matters.

Yes, I know that.

The question mark was more out of surprise. Can't see anybody else getting dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenzie might be unlucky.
I think so too - not sure why that would deliberately torch a bloke (tippett) by naming him in the starting 18 and then leave him out; after that it's a process of elimination, and you would think basti, levi, luke and hunter would be picked before Bmac

Cost is 4-500ish per year (off the top of my head, which is fried ATM) for Full Members. The waitlist is a mile long but you do become a provisional member immediately. A provisional member pays less for the membership and has lower priority access to event tickets/ground access but no issues at lower ranked games (where an entry fee is still required). An AFL Member who opts for the Club Support option also has a good portion of their membership fee directed to the club of their choice, which also counts as another club member of that club. There's an AFL Members' section located at most grounds but the smaller the stadium the more likely you have to also pay extra for a reserved seat, if you want to sit.

We've been full AFL Members since around 1980 but hardly use it to enter games, as we're also Axcess One Members at Jihad where we play most games.
My life runs a frightening parallel to your Twinkletoes. Do you like movies about gladiators? Ever been in a a Turkish prison?

Given Tippett performed so well they may be toying with the possibility of being able to have Thompson play HBF or looser as both an experiment in structure with the ability to change Thompson around if needed.

Tippett, Thompson, Hansen, Grima, Spud in the one backline eh?

Given Tippett performed so well they may be toying with the possibility of being able to have Thompson play HBF or looser as both an experiment in structure with the ability to change Thompson around if needed.

I don't think Tippett deserves to get dropped, but I think we'll be left very red-faced if we try and experiment too much in this game.

Tippett, Thompson, Hansen, Grima, Spud in the one backline eh?

When you read it like that the only two missing are Atley and Mullett. Could Mullett be given a spell given his form hasn't been stellar? Thompson, Grima and Spud can play on medium size players.

Tippett would be the only one restricted to having to play on a genuine tall. Hansen plays his best footy when he doesn't play on anyone. I'd back Thompson and Grima against anyone who doesn't have genuine pace.

I guess the question comes down to how zippy will GC go with their forward line, too many problematic matchups and you would think that it would be a bad move.

In the defender group though, Mullett's form is the only one I would worry about, however, in saying that I think he could be given a crack across half-forward rather than dropped, when he has the ball 50-60m out it usually ends up as a goal for us.

Maybe even try one out as a fwd.

So one of Kolo or Broughton will be on one of Black or Majak?

Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back