Game Day Changes, prematch discussion & GDT vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the appeal of level 1 to you? I've never really liked the viewing from that level personally, I'd go level 2 > level 3 > level 1 but that's just me.

I'm originally a country kid who doesn't get to a lot of games, so I like being up close and personal with the play. The possibility that I could have the ball kicked in my vicinity or I could end up on TV, plus with the fact that you can hear the players shouting instructions and calling for the ball, just makes it a good viewing experience. But don't mind level 3 either because you can see the play unfold as it happens. Never been on level 2 so can't comment on that.

He's from WA. What can you expect really?!

I am jealous that you live in Denmark mate. Awesome little town.

FWIW guys I think you have this. I am just not sure we will be able to match you at Etihad. I expect your boys to go in confident you can knock us off. Metricon may be a different story but this should be a good game nonetheless. Nicholls not playing would be a huge loss for us.

AFL memberships are the best, level 1 behind the bench directly below the first few rows on level 2. Unless you can get those seats on level 2. Any other stadium (ive been to) pale in comparison when it comes to viewing live

I'm originally a country kid who doesn't get to a lot of games, so I like being up close and personal with the play. The possibility that I could have the ball kicked in my vicinity or I could end up on TV, plus with the fact that you can hear the players shouting instructions and calling for the ball, just makes it a good viewing experience. But don't mind level 3 either because you can see the play unfold as it happens. Never been on level 2 so can't comment on that.

Fair enough, just don't be one of those streakers like we saw on the weekend because then you leave yourself open to all sorts of memes and youtube videos and gif's being made about you. Unless that's what you're after :D

Haven't been on level 2 for a while but remember it being awesome. You feel very close to the play yet can still see all the play unfold from above somehow.

Football nirvana.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real real danger game given how we performed after Sydney. Pretty nervous about this one. Win this and start putting a stop to the "Jekyll and Hyde" references from the media. Inside intel is, first thing from the leadership group after Friday was it means nothing if we lose this week.

I'm annoyed that we've had to wait so many rounds to get a third home game and it's against another interstate side at Etihad. How on earth are we meant to do well financially when we'll be writing another cheque this weekend.

The AFL end up paying the cheque through the compensation we get for this exact reason.

The AFL end up paying the cheque through the compensation we get for this exact reason.

Even if the AFL are covering the loss, we're still hamstrung because of being unable to make any profit from these games.

The stupid thing is that there is like 3k AFL membership seats, how much for Axcess One? 5k? Medallion Club? 5k? If 13k seats of the 55k are taken off, because we wont see shit from those memberships, then the effective capacity is 42k, if the breakeven is 28k, even if we sold every seat we are effectively playing at a 14k stadium.

It is why the smaller stadiums are so lucrative, the break even is next to nothing and even if the capacity is 10-15k it is better than what we are getting at Dudlands.

AFL memberships are the best, level 1 behind the bench directly below the first few rows on level 2. Unless you can get those seats on level 2. Any other stadium (ive been to) pale in comparison when it comes to viewing live
Can you tell me more about this? How much does it cost? What does it get you?

Real real danger game given how we performed after Sydney.

Agree to an extent but Collingwood at the G is very different to GC at Etihad. Also 6 day break vs 9 day break.

Inside intel is, first thing from the leadership group after Friday was it means nothing if we lose this week.
I'm confident in our leadership group. NDS and co won't let the young guys get cocky. Realistically, we have to play badly for GC to win this. If we turn up, the game is ours

I had a look at that - typical afl shitty website. Is someone willing to give me the low-down / summary on here?

Cost is 4-500ish per year (off the top of my head, which is fried ATM) for Full Members. The waitlist is a mile long but you do become a provisional member immediately. A provisional member pays less for the membership and has lower priority access to event tickets/ground access but no issues at lower ranked games (where an entry fee is still required). An AFL Member who opts for the Club Support option also has a good portion of their membership fee directed to the club of their choice, which also counts as another club member of that club. There's an AFL Members' section located at most grounds but the smaller the stadium the more likely you have to also pay extra for a reserved seat, if you want to sit.

We've been full AFL Members since around 1980 but hardly use it to enter games, as we're also Axcess One Members at Jihad where we play most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back