Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't really care anymore, am not invested like I used to be. I used to be in bad mood for days if we lost.

After the Cats smashed us I just laughed and then fell into a deep sleep, woke up the next day and felt vindicated somewhat.

Watching Ken squirm and pass blame on the rest of the coaches in the presser was laughable.

We're stuffed no matter what but still need to change it up in the hope for a competitive game and enthusiasm.

Bring in whoever. Just don't expect instant greatness from the guys that come in.

Problem is that the wrong players will be dumped.

So here's a thought...... which I hate myself for suggesting

esava back to defence, frees up Bergman to play smaller.

I'd even be tempted to go with Marshall and mitch up fwd with 4 smalls - if we had any worth a pinch of salt. Could play butters/rozee there in patches
Except our small forwards are rubbish bar rioli. Watching Mead, McIntee and Evans all line up across the half forward, then the Geelong fullback running it out of the square to the 50 without any pressure was infuriating.

It is ****ing horrible being continually put in a situation where you fear the team you love winning.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This more than any other reason is why I desperately want Ken gone. The next bloke might not win a flag either, in fact he more than likely won't, but at least I'll be able to go to the football and actually want us to win again. That's all I need to re-sign as a member. This should be an impossibly low bar for a football club to clear, but the mismanagement at Ken Hinkley FC means we've failed to clear it.

People dismissed me as crazy, but the final against Geelong continued this trend even further. We're literally going to need to defy 10 years of history to beat the most in-form, rampaging team in the comp.

Every final we’ve played in since 2014:

2014:

• EF: Beat Richmond who we lost to the last time we met
  • SF: Beat Fremantle who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Hawthorn who we beat the last time we met

2017:

- EF: Lost to West Coast who we beat the last time we met

2020:

• QF: Beat Geelong who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Richmond who we beat the last time we met

2021:

• QF: Beat Geelong who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Western Bulldogs who we beat the last time we met

2023:

• QF: Lost to Brisbane who we beat the last time we met
  • SF: Lost to GWS who we beat the last time we met
2024:

• QF: Lost to Geelong who we beat last time we met
  • SF: *Playing Hawthorn who we beat last time we met?

We played against Geelong like we had a double chance. Instead of being ruthless.

I expect a response because ol’ Kenny’s job on the line. Won’t make a difference.

We should have exposed some green talent throughout the season for situations like this. Dante and Lorenz for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a effing disaster this club has become, it's taken awhile for the masking to fall off. koch and hinkleys debacle has become clearly evident.
I don't think we will have seen the end of their disgusting incompetence as all this garbage will play out in years to come.
How the hell something has not been done about it by now defies belief.

Be honest, even if we lose they're not gonna sack the coach. He's contracted til 2025 and we have the most risk averse management in the comp

My mind is racing all over the place.

Dante should come in for Dixon. Couldn’t be worse than Dixon, and based on the Fremantle game, gives Sweet better support.

Esava - bit unfortunate against Geelong. Looks like at any moment will take a game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully it is against Hawthorn.

I am not convinced about Lord.

DBJ to return to the forward line. Who goes and takes his spot is anybody’s guess. Lots of options, all not very good. Roll the dice on Sinn? Rest a midfielder back there, maybe Mead, and bring in another midfielder (don’t know who) What’s Clurey doing nowadays? Losing both Houston and Farrell, as we all know, truely stuffed us.

One of McEntee or Evans to go.

And hope that Butters comes up.

Leave JHF and Rozee on the field for longer, resting up forward - both can kick clutch goals and at times, Rozee has been freakish. So I am not a big fan in Rozee going back.

My mind is racing all over the place.

Dante should come in for Dixon. Couldn’t be worse than Dixon, and based on the Fremantle game, gives Sweet better support.

Esava - bit unfortunate against Geelong. Looks like at any moment will take a game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully it is against Hawthorn.

I am not convinced about Lord.

DBJ to return to the forward line. Who goes and takes his spot is anybody’s guess. Lots of options, all not very good. Roll the dice on Sinn? Rest a midfielder back there, maybe Mead, and bring in another midfielder (don’t know who) What’s Clurey doing nowadays? Losing both Houston and Farrell, as we all know, truely stuffed us.

One of McEntee or Evans to go.

And hope that Butters comes up.

Leave JHF and Rozee on the field for longer, resting up forward - both can kick clutch goals and at times, Rozee has been freakish. So I am not a big fan in Rozee going back.

Surely Todd Marshall has to come in for Dixon?

Surely Todd Marshall has to come in for Dixon?
If Todd Marshall comes in, he comes in for Esava. And if we think we can exploit a height advantage, then for a small. (Dante, Esava, DBJ, resting midfielder, Mitch, Evans or McEntee, with Marshall on the bench). Edit: Sorry, Rioli for Evans or McEntee - what was I thinking?

Taking all the emotion out of it. A team that finished 2nd hosting a home final against the team then finished 7th and has not played finals football for what 5 or 6 years should be a win 9 times out of 10. I guess if there is a team that can be the exception to the rule we know who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back