Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking all the emotion out of it. A team that finished 2nd hosting a home final against the team then finished 7th and has not played finals football for what 5 or 6 years should be a win 9 times out of 10. I guess if there is a team that can be the exception to the rule we know who it is.

IMG_1023.jpeg

These are staggering odds, considering all that.

Usually the best Elimination Final winners are generally considered ‘a good chance’, particularly if they’re facing up on neutral territory for the Semi, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one having to face an interstate opponent be considered a red hot like this.

Has to be another record.

Last time here Hawthorn beat Adelaide by 10 goals.
Your point is? What’s fact that Hawthorn supporters on the whole are the biggest front running showboating supporters going around.

If we can win against the odds I hope it’s against the Hawks who suck balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have we ever lost 2 finals at home in the same year? If not this will be another all time low.
According to David Koch, we exited the finals in 2002 and 2003 in straight sets :).

Your point is? What’s fact that Hawthorn supporters on the whole are the biggest front running showboating supporters going around.

If we can win against the odds I hope it’s against the Hawks who suck balls.
It was a simple point.

Last time here… as opposed to the Port capitulation… we beat Adelaide by 10 goals.

I don’t think attacking a supporter base as being “front running” given since 2016 the HFC have gradually increased their membership every year is appropriate. Average high 50’s given half the home matches are in Tasmania.

Settle down.

Has there ever been a team go into a final with as little chance of winning as we do here lol. What an absolute charade this game will be.
Was thinking that, a team so resigned to losing a HOME final.. You can tell it's not our first rodeo with this team. I do get the calls of we might actually win because of ken, but I literally cannot see one way we stop them.

Whether it's done or not. But the following need to be dropped and the next players spoken to and drilled, trained, hard in this full week coming..

Dixon, McEntee, Jones, Narkle, Esava and Frankie Evans... all of them gone this week and get them training harder in case it's onto the preliminary and in case. Except Dixon. He's gone for good.

DJB needs to be moved forward... simple.. that was the worst decision ever putting him back regardless of his AA as a defender 🤦

Put it hard on Lorenz, Soldo and Anastasopoulos to play.

I'd suggest Visentini but Soldo has more premiership experience and knows the pressure. Play him with Sweet ruck/forward rotation with soldo more forward 70%

FB Evans BZT Bergman
HB Rozee Aliir Burton
C Lorenz Wines Boak
HF DJB Marshall Georgiades
FF Rioli Soldo Anastasapoulos

FOLL Sweet Butters JHF

INT Drew Mead Burgoyne Sinn

First thing I'd do is drop Rioli and Georgiades for Sam Gray and Jake Neade, no room for forward craft or skill in this forward line.

Esava - bit unfortunate against Geelong. Looks like at any moment will take a game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully it is against Hawthorn.

No he doesn't.

You can’t just go dropping 5 players lol. Our depth is horrendous. With SPP, Houston and Farrell out, we have nothing left.
There is literally no one we could bring in to do better. At best you can probably go Dixon to Marshall and McEntee to Sinn. Barely moves the needle anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back