Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Clurey playing forward would be better than playing all 4 of Ratugolea, Narkle, McEntee and Evans. You can't have so many low ceiling plodders in one area of the ground in a final.

• McEntee out, DBJ forward and Sinn to half back
  • Narkle to play a full game and Evans sub
  • Marshall in for Dixon
  • JHF to not start the game on the bench
  • Don’t play our ridiculously stupid high press, as the small and fast Hawks will slaughter it worse than Geelong
  • Somehow fire the team up to come out with some intensity

That’s probably all you can do. Doubt it will be enough to come close.

Tend to think we have a better chance of beating the Hawks than the Dogs.
Hawks have a young and finals-inexperienced group, that may blink at some stage in the Finals.
Mind you, if they continue to play with the care-free abandon they have been, then we are no hope!

Imagine having Cumming, Perryman, Luko and Richards instead of Narkle, Evans, McEntee and Dixon.

Then chuck in SPP, Farrell and Houston. Instead of Burgoyne, Mead and Lachie Jones.

You can see why we are trying to chase these players, our bottom 5 and depth is beyond a joke.

Last time Hawthorn were here they were 7 goals up and stopped attacking, if Hawthorn won that game they would have finished second so they are not your normal 7th placed team.
We will get obliterated.
They returned to Adelaide Oval on July 28 and flogged the Crows by 66 points, so they'll come here full of confidence. Anything less than our absolute best won't be enough.

Why don’t we ever play the defensive flood with counter attack offense? The exact thing all teams that embarrass us do. I feel like we would be perfectly suited for that game style with our run and gun mids.

I ****ing hate our high press more than anything. I hate that game plan more than I hate Hinkley.

If Hawthorn win this then they’ll have won as many finals in 7 days as we have in 10 years.
And if Carlton wins tonight, they'll have won more finals in 12 months than we have in 10 years. Thankfully Ken is coaching at the top of his game, or it'd be even worse 🥴.

OUT: Dixon McEntee Byrne-Jones

IN: Soldo Marshall Narkle

Sub: Byrne-Jones or Sinn

The forward line has to be recast- it has to be much more mobile. Soldo as the monster allows Rat to go back- play 3 tall backs against Chol, Dear and Gunston.

The recast forward line has Soldo/Marshall/Georgiades as talls. It has Narkle/Rioli/F.Evans and the resting mid as smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a simple point.

Last time here… as opposed to the Port capitulation… we beat Adelaide by 10 goals.

I don’t think attacking a supporter base as being “front running” given since 2016 the HFC have gradually increased their membership every year is appropriate. Average high 50’s given half the home matches are in Tasmania.

Settle down.
Beating Adelaide has no relevance to beating Port. Even if you should have beaten us by. 8 😉

If we do win, it'll be because of JHF carrying us than anything else - he'd play this game today if he could
I agree but I’ve expected him to win us the last three finals and the best we can say is that he tried hard in them. Let’s see if he can do more than that - assuming he plays >70% game time - and actually has a 30 disposal 2 goal BOG performance.

Imagine having Cumming, Perryman, Luko and Richards instead of Narkle, Evans, McEntee and Dixon.

Then chuck in SPP, Farrell and Houston. Instead of Burgoyne, Mead and Lachie Jones.

You can see why we are trying to chase these players, our bottom 5 and depth is beyond a joke.
Agree with everything here besides the Burgoyne call. Definitely didn't play well on Thursday but he didn't look disinterested like most of his teammates.

It's sad that our best players on Thursday were anyone who had a crack. What a terribly low bar!

Agree with everything here besides the Burgoyne call. Definitely didn't play well on Thursday but he didn't look disinterested like most of his teammates.

It's sad that our best players on Thursday were anyone who had a crack. What a terribly low bar!
I honestly think Burgoyne was worst on ground by a long way, and that is saying a lot because so many were poor.

I honestly think Burgoyne was worst on ground by a long way, and that is saying a lot because so many were poor.

Burgoyne "can" be good but he needs a solid pre season to actually bulk and get a better tank if he wants to play wing. He can't expect to remain slender like he is as a professional player. Fix that & his mindset and he'll be a gem. Up to him but coaches etc and his dad, uncle, need to put it up to him.

Last time Hawthorn were here they were 7 goals up and stopped attacking, if Hawthorn won that game they would have finished second so they are not your normal 7th placed team.
We will get obliterated.

They stopped attacking and defended because of ports pressure coming out after half time. That's on them but showed they couldn't handle that pressure and crumbled. Better team won, as in Port, because they didn't buckle that game and against the odds and umpiring. Port literally didn't receive one free for the entire 2nd quarter and into the 3rd whilst the 1st quarter was like 5 to their 11 or something?

Hawks will come out swinging off the bat. It's up to Port to do the same but higher pressure 1v1 and defend plus attack. They can do it. Missing Houston & Farrell, yes, but they didn't do heaps during that 1st game and wines who subbed out 1st quarter was best player for Port at the time.

Just don't play Dixon again. It will be Sweet this time against Meek and they'll do it.

He was definitely bad, but I thought there were a handful worse than him. Players who have finals experience too. If he puts in the same display next week, I won't be as lenient! He's convinced me he's gonna make it more than the others you have listed.

Mead has had some great games but has been quite poor in 3 out of our last 4 games. I'd still have him over a few others at the moment. But the clock is ticking and almost at midnight

I've basically put a line through Lachie Jones. I find myself thinking he's going alright when he fumbles the ball less. I think that says it all. He just doesn't have any weapons to fall back on to say "at least he does that well"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back