Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT: Dixon McEntee Byrne-Jones

IN: Soldo Marshall Narkle

Sub: Byrne-Jones or Sinn

The forward line has to be recast- it has to be much more mobile. Soldo as the monster allows Rat to go back- play 3 tall backs against Chol, Dear and Gunston.

The recast forward line has Soldo/Marshall/Georgiades as talls. It has Narkle/Rioli/F.Evans and the resting mid as smalls.
The forward line has to be recast as more mobile. Let's drop our clear second best small forward for the year and play a dinosaur ruckman who hasn't played for three months up there instead. Great stuff.

The forward line has to be recast as more mobile. Let's drop our clear second best small forward for the year and play a dinosaur ruckman who hasn't played for three months up there instead. Great stuff.

Soldo, yes. Have him forward 70% rotating ruck with Sweet. Esava either binned or throw back in a rotation with Aliir & Zerk. DJB stays and STAYS forward... not back.

Forward line just needs a tall target that can actually move, mark and kick goals better than Dixon. That's Soldo. Visentini possible.
Other than that, only need the two leading forwards in Todd and Georgiades and rest the crumb forwards etc

Who then? It's either him or Visentini.
It's not Visentini either. The idea that you can stick any random 200cm bloke up forward and have them be a competent forward target went out about 30 years ago.

The reality is there isn't a good ruck/forward option on our list. Dixon is the best of a terrible bunch.

It's not Visentini either. The idea that you can stick any random 200cm bloke up forward and have them be a competent forward target went out about 30 years ago.

The reality is there isn't a good ruck/forward option on our list. Dixon is the best of a terrible bunch.

If you really believe Dixon is the best now ... then you don't pat attention. Yeah he's a good target but if the ball goes over him or he can't nark it then the defender just runs him off his feet. He can't run or defend the forward line with pressure. Can the other 2? No, but definitely better than Dixon. It's that option or they just rely on Todd and Georgiades whilst utilising the crumbers and midfield and playing "smart" but that won't happen

Think we’ll win purely as it’ll be the reverse of this week. We all thought we’d win, this week we are thinking we’ll get done. Think we get up here

If you really believe Dixon is the best now ... then you don't pat attention. Yeah he's a good target but if the ball goes over him or he can't nark it then the defender just runs him off his feet. He can't run or defend the forward line with pressure. Can the other 2? No, but definitely better than Dixon.
No, they're not. I'm no fan of Dixon, I want him retired off at the end of the year, but he's kicked 23 goals this year. Soldo has never kicked more than 7 goals in a year. Visentini has kicked 1 goal in his career.

Dixon is bad. The alternative of trying to shoehorn a dinosaur ruck or a gangly 20 year old kid up forward in his place is worse.

Esava out - Marshall in
Narkel out - Sinn in
Rozee plays half back - DBJ forward
Horne-Francis 90% on field. Rests forward.
Butters 90% on field. Rests forward.
Port by 14 pts

Esava out - Marshall in
Narkel out - Sinn in
Rozee plays half back - DBJ forward
Horne-Francis 90% on field. Rests forward.
Butters 90% on field. Rests forward.
Port by 14 pts

lol I’m gonna assume you just forgot to omit Dixon…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad had plenty of critics on this board but I much prefer the way he speaks to the media than the wishy washy crap Ken says. Straight to the point and didn’t waste any time gushing over the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

• McEntee out, DBJ forward and Sinn to half back
  • Narkle to play a full game and Evans sub
  • Marshall in for Dixon
  • JHF to not start the game on the bench
  • Don’t play our ridiculously stupid high press, as the small and fast Hawks will slaughter it worse than Geelong
  • Somehow fire the team up to come out with some intensity

That’s probably all you can do. Doubt it will be enough to come close.
Scrag, scrag, scrag then play 2 or 3 behind the ball. We will cough up many frees but it may stop the run.

Saw an interview with Chad Cornes on the Ch7 news. Said that he expects Dixon to bounce back after his game on Thursday. Looks like he’s not getting dropped

Also said that they know Dixon usually has poor games after not playing for a few weeks. Feel he needs a few games to get going…

Imagine saying that. Giving him a golden pass with rubbish excuses. He’s not getting dropped at all.

Well when reflecting on the 1998 season, the Crows started off their finals series with a heavy loss to Melbourne. They then went on to win the flag. So I guess there's that unlikely comparison.
Also on September 5th too. 🤷‍♂️

I dont think we will win this game.
But it would be in typicall donuts fashion that we beat hawks and get flogged in a prelim vs sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back