Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with everything except for Williams. Can't imagine him against those fast Hawthorn small forwards.

I think the call of Rozee to half back would work, essentially give him the Nick Daicos role. He is not suited to the inside midfielder role, especially in a final.

The only issue that we have with your plan is who is the 2nd ruck? Maybe Lord for Ratugolea, who quite simply has done bugger all for a month but we had kept on winning.
That’s fair enough. If only Williams was blessed with better wheels.

is the see you in 14 days comment Ginnivan apparently responded with to a photo of Brodie Grundy and Isaac Heeney legit? I hope it is and it gives us some ammo to work with.

It might not seem like much in it, but it is something to work with, i'd be trying everything to light the fuse this friday.

Along with all the media talking as if it will be like conquering a combined team of prime 07-11 cats, 01-03 Lions and 13-15 Hawks this friday night and that we've got no hope in hell.

We've just got to find something to wake these blokes up for a final and show a bit of self respect in their performance, and prove people wrong.

surely the players don't like hearing from everyone a week after being a premiership fancy that they are now shit and that beating the 7th placed hawks at home is now well and truly beyond them. If Hinkley isn't drumming into them that is all a load of nonsense and we can wipe the floor with these pricks if we bring our a game then he is even a bigger dud coach than i thought.

Make a fckn stand, show a bit of pride in the jumper and yourselves for once.

is the see you in 14 days comment Ginnivan apparently responded with to a photo of Brodie Grundy and Isaac Heeney legit? I hope it is and it gives us some ammo to work with.

It might not seem like much in it, but it is something to work with, i'd be trying everything to light the fuse this friday.

Along with all the media talking as if it will be like conquering a combined team of prime 07-11 cats, 01-03 Lions and 13-15 Hawks this friday night and that we've got no hope in hell.

We've just got to find something to wake these blokes up for a final and show a bit of self respect in their performance, and prove people wrong.

surely the players don't like hearing from everyone a week after being a premiership fancy that they are now shit and that beating the 7th placed hawks at home is now well and truly beyond them. If Hinkley isn't drumming into them that is all a load of nonsense and we can wipe the floor with these pricks if we bring our a game then he is even a bigger dud coach than i thought.

Make a fckn stand, show a bit of pride in the jumper and yourselves for once.
See if it were Collingwood, Maynard would nail him the first chance he got. Our players will probably wish him all the best before the bounce.

All my patients at work think I'm an absolute glutton for punishment going to Friday's game.

I've never heard the general feeling from the supporter base so down and gloomy during finals that what we are experiencing now.

All my patients at work think I'm an absolute glutton for punishment going to Friday's game.

I've never heard the general feeling from the supporter base so down and gloomy during finals that what we are experiencing now.
May be they are right but if you witness the last game coached by Hinkley it will be well worth it.

See if it were Collingwood, Maynard would nail him the first chance he got. Our players will probably wish him all the best before the bounce.

yes but this is Port lol 😂 and the minute port players did anything Maynard would to Ginnivan or anyone is the minute they'd like back after receiving suspension.

Definitely why we see the players not completely committing in tackles or slight bumps any more especially after the AFL screwing port players over so many times. This year alone and especially after them stuffing Houston over...

Butters still goes hard at it but seems to be a bit less now.. probably told to because he goes at it 100% and this day and age it only takes the outcome for him to be removed even if legitimate footy act... that, and look at the players too.. it's like they are now milking it even more so.

Glad Drew wasn't screwed by his tackle when Bliscav is the one that realistically threw his head towards the ground... wasn't a free In that either.

Now port play Hawks... the team with a crap tonne of players who milk frees especially their forward line.. watch Watson duck and lower himself to get frees the w***er.

So you're a Gerard fan then hey???
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Everything against us. Not expected to win. Coaches job on the line.

You see where I am going with this right? See you at the SCG

maybe we've got a NICK DAVIS!!!! moment in us?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choco finals record
01 1-1
02 1-2
03 1-2
04 3-0
05 0-1
07 2-1

8-7 overall with a GF

What’s Kenny average? 5-8 now?
Choco was
1999 0-1
2001 0-2 we went out in straight sets
2005 1-1

His record was 8-9 for 2 GFs and 1 flag.

Very much like Bevo's. He is 7-6 for 2 GFs and 1 Flag and gets a lot of shit hung on him.

For those that have false hope of a win on their mind… it should be snuffed out when you see Matt Stevic named in the Hawthorn 23, as he was for the Bulldogs game.

'01 0-2 (straight sets bounced by Brisbane & Hawthorn).

'05 1-1 (smashed North first week in Elim final)

8-9 total for Choc

But in saying that if Ken wins the premiership as coach this year at 8 - 8, he will have a better record in finals than Choco.

I'll probably watch the game but my enthusiasm is in the absolute toilet. The fact it could be the last time I have to see kerns ugly mug in a port Adelaide polo is somewhat uplifting though

There can always be a turnaround, no doubt, but this is finals.

Our form since the Lions game has been very good and you could see the thrashing by Geelong as a once off but the boys capitulated 10 minutes out from half time.

Our best players are down and/or injured. Butters is banded up. Rozee is out of form. Houston is not playing. The Hornet is our only hope.

There are just a lot of signs pointing to a loss.
There are plenty of reasons why we won't win but we have to believe we can. Hawthorn are probably the form side in the competition and we are at home and they also will have key players out.

As I see it this is make or break for Kenny and if we go out in straight sets again I would hope that Tredders will has something to say around the Boardroom table.

Heard Dillion on SEN bang on about how 11 QF losers by 50+ pts have all won the SF the next week. So Port have some hope. I thought this is BS analysis because who has lost at home by that much against a travelling side.

I decided to look at who has lost by 60pts and then won their SF. I decided to include a 58pt loss in that list.

7 sides have lost their QF by 58+ pts, inc 125, 106 and 80 pts and then won their SF, but none won their PF.

5 QF's involved Vic side v Vic side.

In 2002 the crows lost to Brisbane at the Gabba by 71pts and in 2004 St Kilda lost to Brisbane at the Gabba by 80pts.

4 of the 7 loses in the PF have been by 50+ pts, a couple in the 20's, and St Kilda only lost the PF by 6pts to us in 2004.

The last time this has happened was in 2010.

Nobody has been smacked at home by 10+ goals then bounced back to win their SF.

North have twice lost their QF by 58+pts. Lost QF in 2000 to Essendon by 125pts, won the SF v Hawks by 10pts, and then 50 pts to Melbourne. But this loss was 6 goals 14 behinds, so closer to a 13 to 15 goal loss than 50pts.

North also in 2007 lost QF by 106pts to Geelong, won SF v Hawks by 33pts, the Port beat them in the PF by 87pts.

A win on Friday night will be a miracle.

Last edited:
Heard Dillion on SEN bang on about how 11 QF losers by 50+ pts have all won the SF the next week. So Port have some hope. I thought this is BS analysis because who has lost at home by that much against a travelling side.

I decided to look at who has lost by 60pts and then won their SF. I decided to include a 58pt loss in that list.

7 sides have lost their QF by 58+ pts, inc 125, 106 and 80 pts and then won their SF, but none won their PF.

5 QF's involved Vic side v Vic side.

In 2002 the crows lost to Brisbane at the Gabba by 71pts and in 2004 St Kilda lost to Brisbane at the Gabba by 80pts.

4 of the 7 loses in the PF have been by 50+ pts, a couple in the 20's, and St Kilda only lost the PF by 6pts to us in 2004.

The last time this has happened was in 2010.

Nobody has been smacked at home by 10+ goals then bounced back to win their SF.

North have twice lost their QF by 58pt. Lost QF in 2000 to Essendon by 125pts, won the SF v Hawks by 10pts, and then 50 pts to Melbourne. But this loss was 6 goals 14 behinds, so closer to a 13 to 15 goal loss than 50pts.

North also in 2007 lost QF by 106pts to Geelong, won SF v Hawks by 33pts, the Port beat them in the PF by 87pts.

A win on Friday night will be a miracle.
Take a bow mate, expert anaylasis.

Was a good read, so thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back