Preview Changes & Preview Round 18 - SUNS vs Ports @ PFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact Georgiades got suspended has nothing to do with Dixon's selection?

to be fair, i think Finlayson and Marshall have been poor too. Marshall played a lot better against the Dogs though, playing higher up the ground, obviously he stays in the side. But Finlayson is in desperate need of a decent game. Not sure which way they go but with Georgiades out and Rioli not back in yet, it probably makes sense to replace a tall with a tall in the forward line.

If they are going to persevere with Lord, it will probably come down to Dixon or Finlayson when Georgiades is back against Richmond.

The poster I was replying to didn’t say anything about Mitch, they blamed Todd and fin’s form if Dixon comes in.

which is rubbish. It’s all about Hinkley and his favourites.

I also don’t think we can play a developing lord and an underdone , “most cooked player I’ve ever seen put on a jumper, I’ve seen Div 7 ammo’s late 40somethings with obvious heart disease players look in better nick” Dixon together.

I hope we’ve only named Dixon in case one of our kfs doesn’t get up or is ruled out, which with Todd’s recent niggles and lord still looking a bit underdone wouldn’t surprise me.

No one with a working brain cell can argue Dixon’s form has been within leagues of Todd or fin this season.

I have enough working brain cells to look at some basic stats and notice the following averages for this season:

Disposals:

Dixon - 10.4
Marshall - 10

Goals:

Dixon - 1.3
Marshall - 1.25

Marks:

Dixon - 3.9
Marshall - 5.43

Contested marks:

Dixon - 2.1
Marshall - 0.75

Marks inside 50:

Dixon - 2.2
Marshall - 2.87

I would say based on these stats that they have had pretty similar seasons. The only significant discrepancy is that Dixon takes more contested marks but Marshall takes more marks in general (which the eye will tell you - most of Marshall's marks are on the lead whereas Dixon takes his in contest).

I'm sure the Hot Toddy fans will come back with stats about score involvements or something along those lines but it's hard to imagine you are involved in some amazing amount of scores when you only get 10 possessions a game (even Jed McEntee is averaging 8.66 possessions per game in games where he wasn't subbed in or out - and we all know he isn't involved in too much scoring!).

Just heard on SEN Burton in (not listed as an emergency!?) and hinted he’s coming in for Houston…
I don't care about getting a win, but I do care about my tips and I've tipped us, so from that perspective this would hurt. Houston easily operating at AA level at the moment.

Also seems that every few weeks we name a squad that looks like it is nearing full strength and then suddenly there's 3-4 late outs and injuries that were hidden that suddenly come out.

If there were doubts over Houston and Burton was always his replacement, why wasn't he in the extended squad?

Unless they somehow haven't decided between Lorenz, McEntee or Frank as sub.

God you lot are a bunch of miserable bastards.

I think we'll win this. And you know what? I think we'll win it comfortably. And you know what? I think we're about to see a team hit its stride at exactly the right time of year.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat an entire lemon and post it to this sub come the last round of the season. I'm not even joking. An entire lemon – skin and all.
Rather than eating a lemon perhaps the mods can ban you til seasons end 😜

"I've lurked here for a number of years but felt the need to join recently as you clowns are embarrassing yourselves and the club.

I've got a 7.5k bet on us making the GF next year. That's how confident I am in the boys responding to Ken being under fire. The boys are lion-hearted when it comes to their coach. And in return, the coach is a lion heart himself."

Keep going with these pearls of wisdom.
Stop drinking the koolaid. Oh and you have just wasted $7.50. Smart people don’t waste 7.5k on a team with Hinkley as a coach….wait nevermind 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't care about getting a win, but I do care about my tips and I've tipped us, so from that perspective this would hurt. Houston easily operating at AA level at the moment.

Also seems that every few weeks we name a squad that looks like it is nearing full strength and then suddenly there's 3-4 late outs and injuries that were hidden that suddenly come out.
AA yeah right, since the massive game vs GWs houston has done nothing

I've tipped us this week, but I have an abysmal record in Port games. Probably only picked 3 or 4. It's always near impossible to guess which Port is going to show up and how much coach protection is needed in any given week.

My logic was Hinkley will be keen to maintain his record against GC, as it's one of the few things the media can hang his hat on. That, and Miller being out, should give us an edge. But who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's scary that some people can be so blind in their faith. I mean full credit to you, but you're undermining the ultimate goal by breeding that acceptance and praise of mediocrity.

Maybe you're happy just supporting whoever is in charge and never questioning anything, and maybe you think just winning minor round games is all that matters, and good on you. However that is not what our club stands for. Forget just Port Adelaide, it's not what every club exists for, we ALL exist to win premierships. It's not legacy unrealistic expectations, it's a reality, so your mentality is really just aligned with the on-going failure we are currently witnessing as our club goes through the most unsuccessful period in its history at all levels.

Change doesn't happen by itself. Some of these happy clappers need to remember that.
That's not me mate, maybe I should have been clearer. It's from the dude who calls us miserable bastards.

God you lot are a bunch of miserable bastards.

I think we'll win this. And you know what? I think we'll win it comfortably. And you know what? I think we're about to see a team hit its stride at exactly the right time of year.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat an entire lemon and post it to this sub come the last round of the season. I'm not even joking. An entire lemon – skin and all.
Love it. I am feeling strangely optimistic all of a sudden. Chance we can hit some form at the right time of the year. Last time tredders stirred the pot the players went on a big winning streak
At least he’s moved on from banana skins…

Post in thread 'Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked'
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sack-hinkley-6-kochblocked.1321432/post-76096135
He was right. We did make finals in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back