Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on.

You can't risk Bonner and Faz, especially as Sinn did enough. One probably you can.

Bonner in for Lorenz.

Maybe there is a call to be had between Dixon and Marshall, that's about it.

Bonner? Am I in 2021? :p

Does a brain repair itself in the same way other injuries do though? As in, is an extended period away from the game going to "fix" him?

It was long believed that damaged brain cells could not repair or regenerate, but more recently it is believed they can, it is an area of medical science that is continually being investigated.

Just going to oppo watch briefly, rumblings out of the Swans camp that untried Academy players Clark Bracegirdle and Virgil Frontbottom may get a shock call-up

You gotta be kitten me

Ratagolea didn't have a great game, but he at least halved contests and brought the ball to ground, creating a 50/50 or getting it out of bounds. It was decent. Basically what chunk used to be able to do.

Dixon can't even get to contests anymore.
Rat provided more in the first quarter than Dixon has done in weeks.

Dixon being semi competent in the ruck automatically makes him a much better option than Lord.

Wines rucking last night almost singlehandedly gave Hawthorn momentum

Butters no look punch of the ball from the ruck contest that went straight to a free Hawthorn player in the last minute was way worse than Rat's double fisted spoil that at least cleared the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%. They would have ramped it up a couple of notches if they got through last night to ensure a Vic team in the gf.
Thought Mitchell was a very poor sport last night in his presser.

Not once, and I mean not once did he thank the umpires for 5 gifted goals plus one that was clearly touched.

Talk about ungrateful.

Butters no look punch of the ball from the ruck contest that went straight to a free Hawthorn player in the last minute was way worse than Rat's double fisted spoil that at least cleared the area.

Love Butters but he's not immune to these absolute brain farts.
Similarly that bit of play when we were streaming through the middle and he lost his feet but decided to do the weakest little handball straight to the Hawthorn player's feet. Could have tapped it to the outside where we could have maintained possession.

Butters 1 % have been awful in both games

Just going to oppo watch briefly, rumblings out of the Swans camp that untried Academy players Clark Bracegirdle and Virgil Frontbottom may get a shock call-up

images

Those names can't be real...

Bracegirdle & frontbottom sounds like an accounting firm whose only clients are Earls, Barons and the landed gentry

You'd have to be a total idiot to think it has any material impact which of the low impact small forwards we select to contribute 5 possessions and 0-1 goals in any given game.
True, but because this is true I’d pick the one with the most POTENTIAL to actually do something.

Has there been an update on Farrell? Last I heard it was season ending?

He was running flat out in straight lines at least last week, and fist-pumping after the runs. There was video on the news, looked to be moving freely.

Timmy G was hinting strongly he could be available.

Sydney are vulnerable. We can definitely win this.

On the other hand, they can smash you playing 20 good minutes of football in a game, like vs GWS last week. So we can also lose big.

Bottom line, I think we are a chance. And then hope we don't have to play Geelong in the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back