Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McEntee has 7 and a goal, but given the goal was from a reversal free at the top of the square, he realistically only generated himself 6 touches for zero score. He had 5 tackles across the game.

Evans in only a half, won a heap more hard balls, and kicked 1 from 5 touches, plus had 5 tackles as well.

I'll pretend that the HTB McEntee didn't get in the first Q was that goal. Still, he was a wasted spot in this game.

Missed opportunity to not 'experiment' with Sinn or Lorenz or even just rotate Evans and Narkle for a sub.

Out: Visentini, McEntee, Farrell
In: Dixon, Narkle, Evans

Sinn as the sub

Send Rozee to half back. He's had an average month at best, his game last night was dreadful. His lack of competitiveness in the middle will cost us in a final.

In: Dixon, Narkle, Evans

Sinn as the sub

Send Rozee to half back. He's had an average month at best, his game last night was dreadful. His lack of competitiveness in the middle will cost us in a final.

Rozee's last 6 games:

Richmond - 24 disposals at 66% DE, 8 score involvements, 2 goals, 7 clearances

@ Carlton - 24 disposals at 62% DE, 6 score involvements, 3 clearances

Sydney - 27 disposals at 66% DE, 9 score involvements, 1 goal 2 behinds, 1 goal assist, 5 clearances

@ Melbourne - 28 disposals at 71% DE, 5 score involvements, 1 behind, 6 clearances

Showdown - 28 disposals at 53% DE, 5 score involvements, 9 clearances

@ Fremantle - 19 disposals at 68% DE, 6 clearances (poor numbers in relation to the others due to illness).

Outside of the Fremantle game where he was hindered with illness he's been playing at an elite level.

7 disposals, 5 tackles, 1 goal is a pretty normal stat line for the second small forward in a team. Rent free.
A) no it isn't
B) what's his stat line if you take away the free goal he was handed in the goal square because someone punched Butters up the field? I know people say this facetiously all the time, but you or I quite literally would have kicked that.

The tall, non tackling version of McEntee who won't even make it through the game. This board is wild at times.
20 goals for the year versus 6. Other than that, sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had 8 disposals in that one quarter though.

Ratugolea just hasn't taken his opportunity. We miss Marshall's lead up work and delivery inside 50. Our ball movement in transition has been average for weeks. Ratugolea just hasn't done enough to make any risk playing Marshall poses not worth taking.
I'm replacing Big Mac for Marshall before Rat.

McEntee may as well have been concussed after quarter time as he was basically invisible.

In: Dixon, Narkle, Sinn

If Farrell is fit, keep him in.
I think this is what it will be.

I just don't think they will be changing process at this point and will just pick like for like replacements. Sinn is left-footed isn't he so a direct (but inferior) replacement.

It was nuts that Logan Evans had 600+ meters gained on the weekend. He is so far progressed for a young guy who has played half a season and came in at the mid-year draft. If he can do that, it softens the loss of Farrell.

The only question is Ratagoulea or Marshall. On the positive side for Rat is that he can forward or back and could go back if Zerk-Thatcher or Allir get injured. On the negative side is he can only do both poorly.

Marshall is clearly a much better player.

I think the question for Marshall is whether he ok psychologically. Will he go for the big pack mark without fear or will he hold back? I'm not sure anyone (possibly including Marshall) really knows the answer to that.

McEntee may as well have been concussed after quarter time as he was basically invisible.

There was a moment during the third quarter of yesterday's game where the ball was suspended in mid air at the top of the goal square and then launched itself through the goals. Just incredible. The goal was credited to the Invisible Man.

kane Cornes, just said 'stewart will not have an ounce of space, Tom if your listening, you will not be all to run around on your own.' then kane was asked who would do this role. he said mcentee.

so boys unfortuantley lock in cheese for finals footbal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back