Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another option which I think may happen is Ratugolea swinging back, and a shuffle around happening with Bergman to cover Farrell.

Maybe a safer option than either Sinn or Williams. Maybe too safe.

Like others I think regardless of the arguments here, Hinkley will pick Marshall. Swinging Ratugolea back solves the problem of what to do with him.

Sh##

Connor to turn into Peter Burgoyne

The thought of playing Josh Sinn in finals is terrifying. He's never shown anything to suggest he's remotely ready for this kind of responsibility, and even one weak link (especially in defence) could be the difference between us winning and losing a flag. It's a total Hail Mary, but at this stage I'm not sure we have a better option.

Why is it that whenever we get a bunch of outs it's always to players that play the same position? Replacing both Houston and Farrell is exponentially harder than replacing one of them.
Agree, although being the 7th defender is the easiest position to play in the AFL. Burton and Evans need a big month. Sinn needs to just play a role.

Our options for sub (Narkle, Evans, McEntee) free up DBJ to swing back in the event Sinn is being exposed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another option which I think may happen is Ratugolea swinging back, and a shuffle around happening with Bergman to cover Farrell.

Like others I think regardless of the arguments here, Hinkley will pick Marshall. Swinging Ratugolea back solves the problem of what to do with him.
The problem with swinging Rat back is it upsets the balance of BZT and Aliir.

Our defence uptick has been based on those two locking down, Bergman playing the third tall and the others hitting the ground balls hard and limiting f50 ground ball gets by the oppo.

I think he has to stay forward and either Sinn / Williams coming in or DBJ moving back.

We play better when Rat is nowhere near our backline

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lots of very good suggestions on here about filling the Houston/Farrell role.

I bet the club does none of them.

I'll wager on Marshall coming back in and playing behind the ball in an attempt by the coaches to turn him into Justin Westhoff mkII.

So crazy it just might work.

DBJ is Port's highest cumulative goal scorer + goal assister. He is also 7th in the entire league for goal assists.

He imo is way too valuable to be playing as a defender given his current form. Would much rather a straight swap of Farrell for Sinn as opposed to truly moving the magnets around and potentially disrupting multiple lines on the field.

DBJ is Port's highest cumulative goal scorer + goal assister. He is also 7th in the entire league for goal assists.

He imo is way too valuable to be playing as a defender given his current form. Would much rather a straight swap of Farrell for Sinn as opposed to truly moving the magnets around and potentially disrupting multiple lines on the field.
That would be the most logical way.
Still we have to have a plan B if Sinn is having a bad game.
That’s why I like Narkle to be the sub so we could move him forward and put DBJ back.
Hopefully whoever starts the coaches don’t act slow if things are not working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back