Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 21 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones body is a real concern, just looks like he’s labouring away throughout the game. He will probably have to work on changing his body shape over the off season & drop 5kgs at a bare minimum.

I’m not giving up on Sinn, but he’s another one who unfortunately carries the Fantasia gene.

Would bring Marshall back through the two’s, he hasn’t done anything this season to warrant an automatic recall.

Pending SANFL game

IN: T.Marshall or Visentini, Sinn
OUT: Dixon, Jones (Hamstring/Calf)

Sinn sub
Marshall hasn't been good enough this year to come back in, he should go back to the SANFL and have to earn his spot in the side. Pairing him (in from) with MG & Esava might be the perfect mix of us going into finals.

Lord or Dante next week for Dixon depending on how today goes.
Agree with Sinn for Jones (Inj), but id probably start him in the 22.

Not sure we can continue to carry F.Evans, who's not doing enough. At best he's the sub next week.

Marshall hasn't been good enough this year to come back in, he should go back to the SANFL and have to earn his spot in the side. Pairing him (in from) with MG & Esava might be the perfect mix of us going into finals.

Not sure we can continue to carry F.Evans, who's not doing enough. At best he's the sub next week.
Maybe Sinn half back and Lorenz sub if they do well in the SANFL today?

A change I'd like to see more is the Rat playing a forward role. I feel BZT and Aliir plus a Bergman have the backline working alright. The Rat may not be the best kick or Mark....but is Charlie any better? He's a big target.
Rat has far superior hands to Dixon. That and his athleticism are big upgrades.

If Dixon stays in the team, which I think he should, it’s to take the key defender away from Rat/Mitch.

We also need to start judging him as the second ruck chop out, not a focal point key forward.

A change I'd like to see more is the Rat playing a forward role. I feel BZT and Aliir plus a Bergman have the backline working alright. The Rat may not be the best kick or Mark....but is Charlie any better? He's a big target.
Pretty sure he kicked at goal last night much better than our other forwards have all year. Looked a pretty good set shot routine to me.
Best part about Rat forward was the contested marks he takes down the line when we are coming out of defence. Instead of bombing it on Dixon’s head from kick ins every time, we actually had Rat to take these marks and relieve a heap of pressure.
He is a man mountain who is super athletic, there is massive potential there. Only one game, but I can see something to persist with.

Because Lord has been in great form. Remember, he was dropped for a guy that was recruited to play defence.

If Dixon goes out, Port need someone to play second ruck.

Because Lord has been in great form. Remember, he was dropped for a guy that was recruited to play defence.

If Dixon goes out, Port need someone to play second ruck.
That's why I said depending on how today's game goes, but either way Lord has been better than Marshall of late. Across their last 5 games, Lord has 6 goals (Zero Goals games) to Marshall's 2 (3 goals games)

Esava is capable of playing second ruck if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's why I said depending on how today's game goes, but either way Lord has been better than Marshall of late. Across their last 5 games, Lord has 6 goals (Zero Goals games) to Marshall's 2 (3 goals games)

Esava is capable of playing second ruck if needed.

Marshall is involved in score chains though.

I’d liked last night structure, Evans leg speed for a small is a real issue, that one passage where Mitch was trying to give it to him and run off and he’s giving back to Mitch, Urgh not sure how we rejig it however.

Only change I’d do is Narkle comes in for a full game and F. Evans out, unsure who should come in though? Maybe Lorenz to sub?

Pretty sure he kicked at goal last night much better than our other forwards have all year. Looked a pretty good set shot routine to me.
Best part about Rat forward was the contested marks he takes down the line when we are coming out of defence. Instead of bombing it on Dixon’s head from kick ins every time, we actually had Rat to take these marks and relieve a heap of pressure.
He is a man mountain who is super athletic, there is massive potential there. Only one game, but I can see something to persist with.
My understanding at Geelong he played quite a lot as a forward. Showed last night his movements were natural. Would persist with him as a key forward target.

There's almost a case for playing 2 Rucks against Grundy.

We need options. Dixon isn't one of them.

Theory being at least you can keep them fresh and on top of the ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back