Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans had 11 disposals 5 score involvements, 6 marks (including 1 contested), 1 goal assist and 2 goals.

If Marshall produced those numbers a few on here would be shouting "where are the Marshall haters now?" as if it was the greatest performance by a forward in a long time.

Absolutely everyone contributed on Saturday night and it would be disgraceful to see anyone dropped - even more so for Marshall who is one of the most pea hearted players in the entire squad.

Somebody needs to grab Marshall, point to Rat and say "See that bloke we just moved up forward? See his attack on the contest? That's what we need". It's a real blight on Marshall's name that we can send Rat up there and get a more spirited contest and aggressive attack on the ball than we ever get from Marshall (maybe the very odd exception). It might be a bit late for this, but maybe it wouldn't have hurt to give Marshall some games down back in the SANFL to get him attacking the contest?

I don't think Dixon goes around.

If you want him to last the year he's not doing it hobbling around like he was against the Swans.

He misses here or against the Crows.
A fit and healthy Dixon on the move has always been a sight to behold, if we win this week he can have the Showdown off, play Fremantle, then have the week off before finals. Win the Qualifier, week off, Prelim and the Grand Final.

If he wants to sit a wrestle, he can play every week

In: Jake Neade, Sam Gray, Kane Mitchell

Out: Dixon, Georgiades, Ratugolea

We’re simply too tall and need to revert back to playing small players as talls.

He may well miss if Marshall is back for his 'management'
Marshall missing a run in the SANFL this week probably means he doesn't come in against the Dees regardless?

Particularly if they need to explore other options for him outside the forward line if Charlie stays fit. Would definitely slot him in for either or both of the Crows/Freo games though to provide Charlie with a breather.

I wouldn't think anything would change unless forced by injury.

To be honest, I'm not sure Dixon has really benefited from a week off in the past. He did not come back better after missing a week rested earlier in the year.

I don't think the problem with Marshall is that he is too soft. He just does not lead to the ball enough and is often too stagnant and because of his shape he is not likely to be winning too many wrestles.

Rat has surprised with his ability to lead up the wings and take a few big grabs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evans had 11 disposals 5 score involvements, 6 marks (including 1 contested), 1 goal assist and 2 goals.

If Marshall produced those numbers a few on here would be shouting "where are the Marshall haters now?" as if it was the greatest performance by a forward in a long time.

Absolutely everyone contributed on Saturday night and it would be disgraceful to see anyone dropped - even more so for Marshall who is one of the most pea hearted players in the entire squad.
Do your views reflect those of your inner sanctum contact(s)?

Somebody needs to grab Marshall, point to Rat and say "See that bloke we just moved up forward? See his attack on the contest? That's what we need". It's a real blight on Marshall's name that we can send Rat up there and get a more spirited contest and aggressive attack on the ball than we ever get from Marshall (maybe the very odd exception). It might be a bit late for this, but maybe it wouldn't have hurt to give Marshall some games down back in the SANFL to get him attacking the contest?
All good points until Rat kicks the ball...

It is an issue.

There’s everything to like until he kicks the ball.

I’m not sure that technique is fixable.
Kicking was good the week before, this week definitely should have done better.
At least he’s getting the ball and he moves.
Massive improvement from standing around having a nap types before him.

This has got to be the one of dumbest comments I have ever read on here lol. Winning the flag this year will put us back years? Put us back from what, trying to win a flag in the future? Damn, that would really suck winning one this year so that we might win one in the future.
Who really gives a flying **** if Hinkley is coaching us and we actually won a flag, that is the ultimate goal.
Whilst I want Hinkley gone and all the supporters that say this isn’t the SANFL anymore, I would be more than happy for Hinkley to win one and hold up his tie and say you were wrong! If he won, I’d hope he retires at the top. If he doesn’t make it, I hope he resigns with dignity.

Kicking was good the week before, this week definitely should have done better.
At least he’s getting the ball and he moves.
Massive improvement from standing around having a nap types before him.
He is also having to adjust to settling before he kicks a goal. 30 seconds to lower heart rate and calm isn’t easy. I’m sure that comes in time.

The dees are one of 5 teams that in the same season, we have never beaten away before/after losing to them at home. The others are the pies, suns, giants and saints.

The dees are one of 5 teams that in the same season, we have never beaten away before/after losing to them at home. The others are the pies, suns, giants and saints.
We have always struggled to beat them especially in Melbourne since I can remember.
Even when we do beat them it’s just.
If we can’t get over them this week we’ll never do it.

Whilst I want Hinkley gone and all the supporters that say this isn’t the SANFL anymore, I would be more than happy for Hinkley to win one and hold up his tie and say you were wrong! If he won, I’d hope he retires at the top. If he doesn’t make it, I hope he resigns with dignity.
I will treat him with as much respect as he has shown the supporters and the history of the PAFC. Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back