Preview Changes R14 vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

are Garcia yeh agree being surprised…he had the most turnovers last week so either coaches not happy with a few or didn’t achieve some other kpi, or a matchup thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garcia can't be omitted. There's something else at play there.

I refuse to believe it. When we have Daniel, Vandermeer and Gallagher still in 23.

I suppose it’s a like for like thing - Richard’s v Garcia. Can Garcia do what Daniel does? What Vandermeer does? I would prefer him in rather than either of those 2 at the moment.There is also the argument Sanders isn’t at the level Garcia is at yet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What does Daniel do at the moment exactly?

Completely different situation mate.

This shows the club has a lack of faith in him.

Buku has had a fair chance this year and didn't look good at all in his last couple of games + got destroyed against Freo last time, how does that look for Buss who is playing well in the VFL and still can't get in?

The club are trying to re-sign Buss amid interest from WCE and we are not even giving him a game.
Maybe with Buku it's the one more look, like they did with Ayce Cordy and he is gone at the end of the year.

let’s see what happens but holy shit this is one of the more cooked selection nights we’ve seen.

Let’s see if the melt-performance relationship theory holds true.

But Jesus Christ VDM may have compromising information on Bevo or something.

Vandermeer playing and Garcia out is peak Bevo trolling now. Garcia is two times a better footballer. If there is something disciplinary going on please communicate to members and supporters? Otherwise the new more public good Bevo has been replaced by 2022/2023 toxic Bevo again. We need hope and Garcia was providing this, Vandermeer doesn’t.

I like Garcia and am somewhat surprised but he does butcher the ball a lot (along with plenty of others) seeming to kick it very high. Looks better in the mids but they obviously can't see a roll for him there and has no impact up fwd.

You can get on Luke Ryan to have 35 plus touches now, we will bomb the ball forward looking for Naughton and Darcy realised they are not there and by that stage old mate Lobby will be ten yards behind Ryan and it will be down the other end very quickly as it was last week.

As for LVM he runs fast a lot, rarely doing much else.....

He lost me for good, last week, with the decision move to JOD to the forward line. Then we all sat back and watched Hipwood kick 6 goals! And that was ok because JOD kicked a couple when the game was over. No harm done.

And he had a guy who had been playing in the forward line for the VFL team sitting on the pine. Who he decided to use with up forward with 6 minutes to go in the game. Given all of that, it's clear to all the Khamis should be picked as a defender this week because he did not kick even a score during those 6 minutes.

Garcia who was given a short burst on the ball in the 3rd Quarter and threatened to turn the game on its head needs to be dropped for being so presumptuous.

There is something very strange happening to our coach - he is selecting the team based on criteria beyond our understanding. Its like he has discovered a Quantum Theory in sport. The idea must be to baffle the opposition - There is no way Fremantle can tell whether we are a wave or an particle with some spooky action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the **** has the nutter dropped Garcia? Copping the Rhylee West treatment

If Richards and Weightman weren’t back I’d put a line through this one

If Garcia is not injured, that is an absolute shocker of a decision that I simply can’t comprehend the reasons for, considering some of those who kept their spot.

My patience with this club is really running thin of late

Here's where my patience runs even thinner.

Keath out. The common sense solution would be to bring in a like for like. That's what a person with brains would do. No, we pick a small forward and two mids. We've got a bloke in the twos a key defender who has shot the lights out and he's overlooked at a time when we need help down there.

We talk about Lobb coming in and having to step up but it works both ways. If you have a clear gap in key defence and then don't pick Busslinger then why should he bother?

So sick of the decision making and ineptitude.

The optimist in me is thinking Garcia being out is for continuity purposes. I'd rather he continue to play predominately midfield regardless of the level, and with Ed coming back in I just don't think we can play all of Bont, Macrae, Treloar, Sanders, Richards, Libba and Garcia through there.

It's disappointing to see him out but if we had to omit one of our midfield rotations, then I think Garcia has to go. Macrae is a bit lucky but he's shown he can be a much better forward than Garcia.

Surely Sanders goes before any of them. Hasn't shown any form at AFL level.

Surely Sanders goes before any of them. Hasn't shown any form at AFL level.
Disagree - This years stats Sanders has:

-1 disposal (this difference is negligible but even more so when you consider Garcia averages +1 free kick)
+2 tackles
+10% disposal efficiency
+1 marks

Most other stats are even and Sanders has been sub at least 3 times so hasn't played full games.

Edit: Sanders behind on goals given he hasn't actually kicked one yet.

Disagree - This years stats Sanders has:

-1 disposal (this difference is negligible but even more so when you consider Garcia averages +1 free kick)
+2 tackles
+10% disposal efficiency
+1 marks

Most other stats are even and Sanders has been sub at least 3 times so hasn't played full games.

Edit: Sanders behind on goals given he hasn't actually kicked one yet.
Garcia was clearly better playing a vaguely similar role to Sanders vs. Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back