Preview Changes: R15 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes i would make:
Out : Jerka inj Douglas omit
In: Himmer Jones

Changes Don will make:
Out: Jerka
In: Himmer

We will get a real good gauge of where we are at as a Club in 2019 when we play the Cats. We shouldnt be bashed down there by 5+ goals. A weak Club would.

Imagine if Geelongs Fogarty and Adelaides Fogarty both play

Brad Crouch to Fogarty all night. Except its Geelongs Fog

(Brad has the 5th worst Kick Rating according to Karl Jackson CD guru )
His DE was around 70% in previous years but has dropped down to 60% this year, should see it improve as he gets more confidence in his body (you would think).

We will get a real good gauge of where we are at as a Club in 2019 when we play the Cats. We shouldnt be bashed down there by 5+ goals. A weak Club would.
Yeah agree. Win this and we are a serious contender. I worry about our goal scoring. We will need goals out of Greenwood, Sloane, Gallucci, BCrouch, M crouch, Milera etc. Missing Lynch and Jenkins hurts but it's important they only come back when 100% so they don't break down before finals.

Just do something wildly different. Same old will yield the same old result. We're not going to do whatever it is longery for hardery on the edge of Antarctica.

Yeah agree. Win this and we are a serious contender. I worry about our goal scoring. We will need goals out of Greenwood, Sloane, Gallucci, BCrouch, M crouch, Milera etc. Missing Lynch and Jenkins hurts but it's important they only come back when 100% so they don't break down before finals.
If we are remotely competitive over there, we will be serious contenders (especially with missing Lynch and the good Jenkins).

ROB could be the ace in the pack.

I have a ridiculously optimistic feel about this one. As if we as a club have learned a few things this year and I've forgotten everything I know.

IMHO CEY can’t “tag” Kelly. He or Greenwood will probably stand him at the stoppages but once the ball is on the move Kelly will burn him off.

We need to win the stoppages and stop their outside run. Based on the last twenty years, aint gunna happen.
How would Knights go on Kelly?? he has been successful tagging in the past.

I watched the 2nd half of the Port vs Geelong game, and have to admit, Port did seem to rattle them, especially their half back players who always seem to have a field day against us.
Lots of high intensity and pressure on the body meant they seemed to lose their flow of easy uncontested possessions from half back to half forward
I saw most of the first half, expected Port to roll over, very surprised that they won.
+16 Clearances +36 contested possessions (!!)
Hope our Coaches have picked that game apart, with emphasis on contested ball/clearances. The Cattery is narrow, right? Clog up the corridor and be veryvery physical with them. Worked for PA *mutter mutter*.

Just do something wildly different. Same old will yield the same old result. We're not going to do whatever it is longery for hardery on the edge of Antarctica.

If Pyke does try something different and we lose than so be it, I will applaud him for his bravery and courage. But if we have stock standard 5+ goal loss down at that crap hole in Geelong, I will be disappointed but comforted that that will be our last trip to that hell hole this year. A lot like the Eagles going to the SCG in some ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. We lost there by 10+ goals in a premiership year - coached by a guy with plenty of experience at the venue. It doesn't mean anything other than four points. Would be nice if we win, won't be the end of the world if we lose.

Lynch struggles to play well first up after an injury layoff; the idea of him returning with a dicey calf down at Cat Park gives me visions of a dozen turnover kicks from the wing to inside the centre square. More math sim at training Chief and you can play v Port.

Out: Jenkins, Douglas
In: Himmelberg, Jones.

Lynch struggles to play well first up after an injury layoff; the idea of him returning with a dicey calf down at Cat Park gives me visions of a dozen turnover kicks from the wing to inside the centre square. More math sim at training Chief and you can play v Port.

Out: Jenkins, Douglas
In: Himmelberg, Jones.

You aren't going to make changes for the sake of it

EH gets a shot because JJ is injured no way he would otherwise
Jones has had a number of AFL games and shown he isn't ready and needs to develop

The only player in the twos with the team we have ATM in the A's to get a go is a proven performer in Gibbs

I have a ridiculously optimistic feel about this one. As if we as a club have learned a few things this year and I've forgotten everything I know.

This happens every single year. We win a massive two or three games in a row and our fans start to develop a really good feeling and forget about all of the reasons that we're not really that good and start to dream. Then we crush them horribly.

The next two weeks could very well provide that crushing.

This happens every single year. We win a massive two or three games in a row and our fans start to develop a really good feeling and forget about all of the reasons that we're not really that good and start to dream. Then we crush them horribly.

The next two weeks could very well provide that crushing.

They could, but you got to back yourself

They could, but you got to back yourself

It's not myself though. It's a group of people external to me who's likely performance I'm predicting.

I want the club to succeed, I want to win- it's just rarely sensible to get carried away with this club. We've seen this movie plenty of times.

Rubbish. We lost there by 10+ goals in a premiership year - coached by a guy with plenty of experience at the venue. It doesn't mean anything other than four points. Would be nice if we win, won't be the end of the world if we lose.
LOL. Bullsh1t that 97 or 98 has any relevance. lol. Thanks.

The funny thing that’s what I imagine you’d look like
the funnier thing is, when your sidekick hasn't got a response, you jump in.

Reminds me of when josh Carr got his comeupins in a pub carpark from a former richmond captain, his teammates had to protect him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R15 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back