Preview Changes: R16 vs Brisbane Bullets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fogarty's dismal form had to be dealt with. Selecting Billy definitely smacks of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, but it was something that had to happen.
He kicked 2 goals. You're hilarious once you get fixated on something.

Yep 10:23am and still no email

All emails will get an email around 9.30 this morning,” he said.

“It will be a functional email which will dictate the how and the when... and the open window will start from 11am and it will be a process of first in best dressed from there.

“We are rapt that our members and supporters can get to the game, but with the 25,000 capacity it is strict capacity.”

He kicked 2 goals. You're hilarious once you get fixated on something.
He didn't touch the ball for 3 quarters... and he gave back 1 of those goals with a stupid 50m penalty, which directly resulted in a Carlton goal.

He had a terrible game, and has rightly been dropped on the basis of poor form. The only question is whether or not they were right to bring back Frampton, who has already failed multiple times this season. Given the lack of alternatives, it's simply a case of rearranging the deck chairs.

The problem is that I don't have my tickets with me so I need the barcodes which I believe will be included in the emails when they're finally sent.

if you logon on to the crows membership site, you can get the barcodes from there

The bit you highlighted was about the quality of our midfield relative the the other 17 sides. Not who is first picked among our 22 selected each week. Our midfield is crap, 2 accumulators but average decision makers and users by foot and one guy that can only get it about 20 times despite all his minutes being spent hunting possessions. This group might be the best we have for being as competitive as possible right now, but we desperately need some class to replace lots of their minutes. It won't happen because we don't look to the future, but it needs to. To the point, I can't think of a worse midfield in the comp, can you?
You, Mego Red and Bearded Clam have all made fair points about Keays' kicking and the Crows' midfield.
Is it the worst?
That's a matter of opinion, really, but I'd like to see more stats-of-comparison before I agreed. I don't remember all of Schoenberg's midfield minutes, but against Carlton he was effective when on the ball as opposed to the second quarter when the mids minus Schoenberg were annihilated.
Certainly one of the worst midfields in the Comp.
My point about Laird and AFLCA votes is that the Coaches of oppo teams see what he does and see his value. Not just Nicks. Not sure where Keays sits there, tried Googling, no cigar.

in reality his left leg is terrible as well.. there is nothing outrageous in pointing out that Keays is a poor deliverer of the football.
its a real pity because he’s really bloody good at nearly everything else... but I suspect that if his kicking game was as good as the rest of his game.. Brisbane would never have delisted him.
Keays' right leg, terrible. Agreed, but not his left, which lacks the length of say Smith and Seedsman but his short passing into the F50 has been ok imo. I remember a few times he found Tex, lace-out.
Having said that, what mystifies me is that his R-foot kicking remains poor. Why has he not worked on it; why have the Coaches not worked on it? It's fixable, just needs to be a focus of his practice. What's your take on that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays' AFLCA votes so far this year:
R1 (vs Geelong): 3
R2 (vs Sydney): 3
R3 (vs GC): 2
R6 (vs Hawthorn): 7
R10 (vs Melbourne): 7

That's a total of 22 votes to date. The AFLCA website, and the AFL's weekly votes announcement, only go as far as 20th on the leaderboard. Walker is currently 20th (2nd best for Adelaide), with 38 votes.

Where's the text from, please? AFC website? (surely not)
I don't think it's tough, or "brave", but it can't be too bad if he's going to play with it taped up.
Anyone got hard facts on the injury, please?
Bicks was saying the other day it’s similar to what he did.
Will hav permanent issues down the line.
Not sure if he had surgery now if he’d have no long term issues.

You, Mego Red and Bearded Clam have all made fair points about Keays' kicking and the Crows' midfield.
Is it the worst?
That's a matter of opinion, really, but I'd like to see more stats-of-comparison before I agreed. I don't remember all of Schoenberg's midfield minutes, but against Carlton he was effective when on the ball as opposed to the second quarter when the mids minus Schoenberg were annihilated.
Certainly one of the worst midfields in the Comp.
My point about Laird and AFLCA votes is that the Coaches of oppo teams see what he does and see his value. Not just Nicks. Not sure where Keays sits there, tried Googling, no cigar.

individually our 3 primary mids deserve their spots, but as a group they're poor. Sloane on thin ice as to whether his current output wouldn't be replicated by Schoey and Berry sharing his minutes. But his role will never be up for discussion. As far as the club, coaches and most supporters are concerned, he's our most important midfielder and will remain as such until he retires.

TBF he did next to nothing for 3 quarters.
His 'aggression', which some on here are laughably tut tutting about, is actually what got us back in the game.

Threw Carlton off what they were concentrating on (soundly whipping us) and opened the door for us to get back in.

Teams have been using that tactic against us for ages, then we have someone who uses it for us and we do our disapproval face.

I'm sure he got lectured for being a bad boy.

I got a text message with the ticket instructions at 10:43, no email.

Ticketek is, however, down.
Didn't get my text until after 11!

Got a mate to send me the link.

Not the best organisation... but have tickets in my usual bay.

His 'aggression', which some on here are laughably tut tutting about, is actually what got us back in the game.

Threw Carlton off what they were concentrating on (soundly whipping us) and opened the door for us to get back in.

Teams have been using that tactic against us for ages, then we have someone who uses it for us and we do our disapproval face.

I'm sure he got lectured for being a bad boy.
Are you sure you're not getting confused with the Mackay hit, which did actually change the momentum of the St Kilda game?

Fogarty's first act of stupidity changed the momentum - in Carlton's favour, giving them a 50m penalty which led directly to (I think) their 2nd goal, giving them momentum going into the first break, after which they dominated the 2nd Q. His hit on Weitering didn't result in any changes of momentum, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back