Preview Changes: R2 vs Richmond, Saturday March 25, 4.05pm ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it worry anyone that our coaches team borderline panicked to get Tyler Brown in, because they thought he was so talented? That must be one of the worst matches I've seen for us. Wtf have they actually seen with him?

Few unknowns.

How is Murray? If injured & gather Worrell not ready, Keane could be getting an early debut for the Crows.

Will McAdam get rubbed out with no concussion caused? Very lucky he didn't cause more damage. Gollant would be the obvious replacement.

With the game played in heat & 6 day break, we should be looking at making more than the usual changes.

Don't have all the answers, but we should be considering many of our players on the fringe given they are fresh from no sanfl.

Schoenberg for Taylor.
Thilthorpe for Himmelberg or ROB.
Smith/Hamill for Parnell
Jones for Hinge

We also need to pick more of an impact sub.
What’s the diagnosis on Murray ?

He was v good before injury

Gee I hope Taylor is getting himself fit

Hinge plays but he’s a wing not a half back

Few unknowns.

How is Murray? If injured & gather Worrell not ready, Keane could be getting an early debut for the Crows.

Will McAdam get rubbed out with no concussion caused? Very lucky he didn't cause more damage. Gollant would be the obvious replacement.

With the game played in heat & 6 day break, we should be looking at making more than the usual changes.

Don't have all the answers, but we should be considering many of our players on the fringe given they are fresh from no sanfl.

Schoenberg for Taylor.
Thilthorpe for Himmelberg or ROB.
Smith/Hamill for Parnell
Jones for Hinge

We also need to pick more of an impact sub.
Main 2 in the gun on their games are Schoenberg and Brown , but also Himmelberg as TT was v good in practice game

I think 2 of Jones Taylor and Sholl are chances

If McAdam suspended? and Murray INJ ??

Outs Brown McAdam susp ( if applicable ) Murray ( if inured )

Ins Jones or Sholl + Thilthorpe Keane

Need to coach Schoenberg hard and back him in to respond , part of our growing pains but chances won’t last forever

Out: McAdam (susp), Brown (the worst debut I’ve ever seen in my life), Smith (an absolute joke), Schoenberg (completely failed to run defensively all day, and I would question his professionalism)

In: Gollant, Taylor, Parnell, Nankervis

Sub: Nankervis
No RT? Agree on Brown. We need someone of some quality as sub.

People calling for filthy to play this week did not watch match sim or practice match form. He was poor dropping marks and not working hard enough. If he played like he did on Saturday he would have been in the team. It appears he needs a rocket at times. Having said that he is a talent and has pulled the finger out and needs to play against Richmond

People calling for filthy to play this week did not watch match sim or practice match form. He was poor dropping marks and not working hard enough. If he played like he did on Saturday he would have been in the team. It appears he needs a rocket at times. Having said that he is a talent and has pulled the finger out and needs to play against Richmond
How did brown get a game?

Early thinking... I would make a few changes given the heat today & the result... but selectors more likely to limit changes.

B: Michalanney, Butts, Murray (Keane if injured)
HB: Parnell, Doedee, Dawson
C: Taylor, Soligo, Jones
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Gollant, Fogarty, Rankine
R: Thilthorpe, Berry, Rachele
I: Hinge, Laird, Sloane, Himmelberg
Sub: Smith

Parnell - Milera... I would have picked him today
Taylor - Schoenberg... make him earn his way back & we need to debut Taylor
Jones - Brown (Smith to sub)... we need an impact sub
Gollant - McAdam... assuming suspension & Gollant kicked 4
Thilthorpe - ROB... get him in after 4 goals to share duties with Berg against the mobile Nankervis

The disappointing thing for me this week was that when the game was on our terms we looked a million dollars but when the tide began to turn we did not respond individually as a team and as a coaching group. Our senior players failed to fire - Tex, smith, Sloane, laird and we could not stop the momentum swing to the opposition.

We weren’t prepared to make it a shit fight or slow things down or change it in the centre when the ball was coming out with ease

This has been happening for a while under nicksys watch and if it cannot be turned around it will be the end for him

I thought at times we were a little selfish today with our shots for goal when other options could have been used. Rankine had a few opportunities to do this

If Rob cannot tap the ball to our players and instead tap it straight to the opposition or to dangerous places on the ground he needs to once more go back to the SANFL to relearn his craft or VB needs to get some heat for not being able to cope with this scenario of losing control of the centre square

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early thinking... I would make a few changes given the heat today & the result... but selectors more likely to limit changes.

B: Michalanney, Butts, Murray (Keane if injured)
HB: Parnell, Doedee, Dawson
C: Taylor, Soligo, Jones
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Gollant, Fogarty, Rankine
R: Thilthorpe, Berry, Rachele
I: Hinge, Laird, Sloane, Himmelberg
Sub: Smith

Parnell - Milera... I would have picked him today
Taylor - Schoenberg... make him earn his way back & we need to debut Taylor
Jones - Brown (Smith to sub)... we need an impact sub
Gollant - McAdam... assuming suspension & Gollant kicked 4
Thilthorpe - ROB... get him in after 4 goals to share duties with Berg against the mobile Nankervis
I'd add ROB out, strachan in..we arenot losing anything but might gain something if he can direct the ball better

We now have 4 in a row at home, at worst need to go 2-2 in this run. Not many teams outside of Victoria get to play 4 in a row at home very often. 1-3 and rightfully questions will be asked as another season is effectively over.

Show more polish in front of goal and we can beat Richmond. It’s a team we have a good record against in recent times and a statement is needed from some senior players after that loss.

No RT? Agree on Brown. We need someone of some quality as sub.
If I was naming 10 players who were big reasons why we lost today, Himmelberg wouldn’t be one of them. I could get around bringing in Thilthorpe for O’Brien though. Just can’t see it happening.

Brown was unbelievably bad. Fresh legs, 3 opposition midfield injuries, comes on with significant time remaining in the 3rd quarter. 1 possession total. Wow.

I think the coaches really need to think a bit more strategically with the sub. It shouldn't automatically be a reward to the 23rd guy.

The sub needs to be a player with genuine x factor, as realistically theyre only going to be out there for a quarter and a bit. If we're winning then no need to make a sub, but if we're losing then it should be a higher risk play.

Guys like chayce Jones, or newchurch, taylor, thilthorpe. Nothing against Brown but he's the epitome of uninspiring sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R2 vs Richmond, Saturday March 25, 4.05pm ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back