Let's try something? How about...

B Laird - Frampton - Doedee
HB Jones - McAsey - Smith
C Dawson - Schoenberg - Sholl
HF McHenry - Butts - Rowe
F Sloane - Murray - Gollant
R Himmelberg - Rachele - Pedlar

I Cook - Hinge - Hately - Keays
That's either a crazy selection or a "Blight" manoeuvre. It won't happen anyway but it would be interesting 😁

1.5 - 5.3, 6 scoring shots to 8. That’s not a belting and you’re adapting your story to back the coaches in.
Im not 'backing them in'.

Both players and coaches need to take their share of the blame. You're just having one of those nights where you wanna argue.

Im not 'backing them in'.

Both players and coaches need to take their share of the blame. You're just having one of those nights where you wanna argue.
And your having one of those nights where you come off as a condescending hypocrite.

You replied to my original post, I don’t agree with your point, you keep replying and yet it’s me who is having one of those nights that wants to argue? You could stop replying at any time.

Burns just said this though about Sloane
"It depends. Will he put his hand up to play? If it's yes, he'll play".
So it's not about the selectors picking him, he is saying it is up to Sloane
If he puts his hand up to play with a broken leg, is it still up to Sloane ?

And your having one of those nights where you come off as a condescending hypocrite.

You replied to my original post, I don’t agree with your point, you keep replying and yet it’s me who is having one of those nights that wants to argue? You could stop replying at any time.
Time for a name change me thinks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. I’m starting to worry that either there hasn’t been a culture shift at all, and/or the board has just selected clones of the previous regime.
I'd say it's a mixed bag. There appears to have been an improvement in player happiness and player retention. The selection policies haven't changed at all though. Like Pyke's regime, Nicks and co are as conservative as they can possibly be and just covering their own arses. It's naked self interest.

I'd say it's a mixed bag. There appears to have been an improvement in player happiness and player retention. The selection policies haven't changed at all though. Like Pyke's regime, Nicks and co are as conservative as they can possibly be and just covering their own arses. It's naked self interest.
Wont be long before people start turning on Burgo

At this stage there’s no difference at all. Pyke was loved by the players until he turned on them because they kept failing him. Nicks hasn’t been under performance pressure yet, he’s just as likely to alienate the players when he realises they’re in the process of ending his senior coaching career. May not too, but we haven’t seen him under sustained pressure yet.

Sounded like he's a chance but to be honest I'd bring Berry in before him on the proviso he will see a reasonable amount of midfield minutes.
From the sound of it it's going to perhaps hinge on Sloane putting his hand up, Laird it sounded like is a given in.

Berry was very good in the SANFL on Sat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Back