Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, does anybody know what time the gates open, the girls are playing a practice match before hand at 4:10 but can't find anything on the site about when to get there

Ive just checked that about Port

They had last week

Aliir - 127 Games
Bergman 53 Games
Burton - 135 Games
Butters - 89 Games
Byrne-Jones - 169 Games
Drew - 77 Games
Duursma - 69 Games
Evans - 16 Games
Farrell - 67 Games
Finlayson - 104
Hayes - 9 Games
Horne-Francis - 37 Games
Houston - 142 games
Jonas - 214 games
Jones - 31 Games
Lord - 9 Games
Marshall - 94 Games
McEntee - 28 Games
Powell-Pepper - 135 Games
Rioli - 66 Games
Rozee - 102 Games
Williams 19 Games
Wines - 224 Games

200+ - 2 players
100-150 - 7 playes
50-100 - 7 Playes
0-50 7 Players
Port were one of youngest 4 sides last week , pretty impressive

That midfield will be around for a long time

If he is hamstring isnt 100%, I would start him forward.

In theory, I agree he should be in the midfield if he is 100% fit, however we have Sloane in the engine room, we should be fine.....:$
Hope we train him up over summer in midfield and try use him 50/50

Funnily enough he runs at least as much as the mids as a forward , some games 13kms + so endurance is definitely not a problem

Port were one of youngest 4 sides last week , pretty impressive

That midfield will be around for a long time
We have Uncle Rory next year in our engine room.

Its like trying to win the Grand Prix with a Holden Commodore.

We have Uncle Rory next year in our engine room.

Its like trying to win the Grand Prix with a Holden Commodore.
Maybe but compare ze market

Port / Adelaide
Wines Laird
Butters Rachele
JHF Dawson
Rozee Rankine (they have to have him as a majority mid from next year on)

We don't stack up that badly there and our forward half obliterates theirs and when we have all our defenders on deck, we are better than them too. If we can somehow unearth or trade in or draft another A grade mid..I will back us in to best them for a long time to come

Port / Adelaide
Wines Laird
Butters Rachele
JHF Dawson

We don't stack up that badly there and our forward half obliterates theirs and when we have all our defenders on deck, we are better than them too. If we can somehow unearth or trade in or draft another A grade mid..I will back us in to best them for a long time to come
Given we beat them twice and if you swap the results of games decided by less than a goal for both sides we would sit higher on ladder than them … you are correct

But it’s what happens this off season that’s important , if they add to their key defenders and ruck which are their weaknesses and we don’t improve our midfield then they will go ahead given how good their midfield looks in medium term +

Given we beat them twice and if you swap the results of games decided by less than a goal for both sides we would sit higher on ladder than them … you are correct

But it’s what happens this off season that’s important , if they add to their key defenders and ruck which are their weaknesses and we don’t improve our midfield then they will go ahead given how good their midfield looks in medium term +
Oh yes. Although the reality is they will be trading in journeymen - but nevertheless they might be a good fit if they do...its crucial Rankine moves to the midfield from now on AND we need to somehow grab a quality mid this offseason..our draft hand is miles better than Ports so hopefully we can bump them this off season

Hope we train him up over summer in midfield and try use him 50/50

Funnily enough he runs at least as much as the mids as a forward , some games 13kms + so endurance is definitely not a problem
It is an interesting one with Rankine, he is so dangerous up forward so you want to have him in there as much as we can. But he also looks very dangerous playing up the ground around the ball. I think you are right with the 50/50 split, I think he will be that impact player that we throw into the middle when we need a spark in there, but he wont be a full time mid. Too valuable up forward to not have him in there at all.

It is an interesting one with Rankine, he is so dangerous up forward so you want to have him in there as much as we can. But he also looks very dangerous playing up the ground around the ball. I think you are right with the 50/50 split, I think he will be that impact player that we throw into the middle when we need a spark in there, but he wont be a full time mid. Too valuable up forward to not have him in there at all.
Probably we will start with Mrouch, Laird and Uncle Rory in the centre and leave Rankine up deep forward, little running to not test his hamstring.

If we get on top, we wont make positional changes. Both Rankine and Keays can work together, if Nicks can coordinate it.

Even David King doesn't know we have Murphy running around for us
Its no wonder..

We shouldve filed a missing persons report with the police for murphy last week..

He went completely missing for most of the second half of the game..

Laughable that he isnt the first head on the block..

And no Kingy you moron.. you dont keep either of murph or keays over Izak Rankine.

Cook is about the most obvious wingman I've ever seen

It's been so long since we've had a genuine wing we've forgotten what they look like
Jones has looked like a wingman this year... but we need to find another one & Cook or Nakervis should be tried there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie smith just confirmed that Sloane is still playing, nankervis dropped for Rankine, seriously wtf, I’m done

Port / Adelaide
Wines Laird
Butters Rachele
JHF Dawson

Rankine has been given a taste this year playing further up the ground and has shown he has the tank (even his previous coach mentioned they planned to give him more midfield minutes and he will surprise a lot of people), he got career high disposals and 20+ disposals in another 5 games. Our midfield will bat deeper than Port Power in a few year with similar top end qualities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back