Preview Changes round 18 v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

Crowley is very reminiscent of Matt Carr in his last year. Slow, can't kick, can't tag. Just don't see what Harvey is seeing at all.

This is what confuses me about the selection of Crowley. He has lost the qualities that previously kept him in the team. He was never a great football talent but he kept his spot because he was quick and could tag. Having lost a considerable amount of pace, which has made him useless as a tagger, what is he in the team for? I can't think of anyone in the WC team that he would be able to tag effectively and he has been bog ordinary as a defensive forward this year.

From the freo website -

Emg Pitt Faulks Palmer

In: Crowley Suban
Out: Hayden (leg) Palmer (soreness)

Palmer is both emergency and out for soreness :p

Soreness!?!? I guess it could be genuine.

General soreness would have been better news.

I honestly think Suban as the sub is a shocking idea, he craves the big contest, get him out there we need him to fire the boys the up. They would have to keep him in a straitjacket if they asked him to sit on the bench for three quarters in a derby.

I honestly think Suban as the sub is a shocking idea, he craves the big contest, get him out there we need him to fire the boys the up. They would have to keep him in a straitjacket if they asked him to sit on the bench for three quarters in a derby.

Agreed, Suban needs to play for the whole game a la McPhee last week.

I am actually voting for Crowley as the substitute. He can play a variety of roles (albeit poorly) and by coming on at 3 QTR time when everyone else is tired he may even be able to have an impact. Plus 1 quarter from Crowley is better than 4!

Crowley is in to tag Embley, it is the job he was set for leading into the last derby and I would be shocked if he didn't get the same job again.

and that's where the issue with the leaked plan and late outs for the eagles revolves around

we made changes and plans for Kerr and Embley (tagging specifically) and structured our game plan around that - given they were two of the better performing eagles at the time

we should have been better than that and adapted though - one of the reasons harvey was so p***ed off during the post-game presser and of course his discussions during the pre-game presser was due to those two late changes. rightly so the eagles were fined

Agreed, Suban needs to play for the whole game a la McPhee last week.

I am actually voting for Crowley as the substitute. He can play a variety of roles (albeit poorly) and by coming on at 3 QTR time when everyone else is tired he may even be able to have an impact. Plus 1 quarter from Crowley is better than 4!

I like your logic. He isn't the ideal sub, but would be my choice.

and that's where the issue with the leaked plan and late outs for the eagles revolves around

we made changes and plans for Kerr and Embley (tagging specifically) and structured our game plan around that - given they were two of the better performing eagles at the time

we should have been better than that and adapted though - one of the reasons harvey was so p***ed off during the post-game presser and of course his discussions during the pre-game presser was due to those two late changes. rightly so the eagles were fined

I still fail to understand how having two of the Eagles best players come out of the side was a bad thing. Harvey should've been ecstatic, not angry/annoyed/whatever.

For me this is Crowley's ultimate litmus test, if he doesn't pass then i would drop him for good. It seems that the golden pass is still alive and well at Freo.

I expect Crowley to front up after being dropped last week in a game that he would have thought we needed his type of play.

He might do a Duffield and respond to the one week layoff...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shithouse. Can't think of anything else to add in regards to Crowley over Palmer. Predictable as ****.

As an aside I'm more than a tad perplexed by every single media outlet unanimously predicting a 5 goal Eagles victory. I wasn't aware they were some sort of unstoppable juggernaut tbh, it's as if we were playing Collingwood in Melbourne this week or something.

Must be the biggest upset of all time should we get up, but in reality I'm more than happy to have the underdog status, the Eagles are playing for the top 4, the pressure is all on them.

Suban will be wasted as Sub too, so it's likely he'll play there :rolleyes: I swear we are the worst team in the comp at utilising the sub. Sure his match fitness may not be great, but why can't he play a half and a bit and then sub out for Mzungu?

Interesting Palmer being listed as sore, yet still emergency. Crowley will hopefully play defensive forward on Hurn, leaving McPhee to run with Embley. These two seem to drive West Coast, so stopping them is a priority for me. Crowley seems to have had some success forward, and will hopefully keep Hurn accountable.

IN: BARLOW vs doesn't matter....

surprised that not much mention in the media or on the biard of MickB's first game back at Subi.
11 possessions in torrential rain in the 4th quarter last week. Load up on the Rosco.
Regarding Lecras, I went to the game last week, barely noticed he was playing, form has been poor or injured either way broughton has got him covered.
McPhee to Embley
Crowley to Shuey
Silvagni, Groves, Mcpharlin to darling, Kennedy, lynch

let them find a match up for Pav, Barlow, Hill, Mzungu, Duffman.
I'm more confident going into this game than Rnd 8.

Crowls has actually played Embley pretty well. Got him suspended for two weeks a few years ago IIRC.

They're similar pace, and Crowley has plenty of experience on him.

I can understand why Harvey might make that sort of selection match up.

Roberton as sub for me, with a gun to the head of the "worst" player on the day. (Do it - apparently it's what Collingwood do - worst player off, misses a week, has to fight for their spot).

Who cares if Crowley has played Embley pretty well in the past. It is irrelevant. Crowley has been shit all season, and I can't remember him tagging anyone with any sort of success. Awful selection.

His only use will be if he acts as a sniper and elbows a few players in the head. But footy isn't played like that these days.

He was pretty ordinary when we rushed he back last year.

That said, if he can keep Lecras quiet I'd rather free up Broughts in the mid.

Agreed.

Crowley is very reminiscent of Matt Carr in his last year. Slow, can't kick, can't tag. Just don't see what Harvey is seeing at all.

Incredibly similar. Have been thinking the same for most of the year. Slow, fumbly, one-paced, ineffective, slow reactions. Second to the ball, and if he happens to be the first he'll bugger it up somehow. The thought that keeps coming into my mind when I think of Crowley and M. Carr at the end is that they look like they're playing... as if they want to be seen as trying, but they don't really want the ball.

And keeping more effective guys out of the team. Crowley replaced Carr. And now Crowley is the second coming. Happens I guess.

So many other guys I'd rather having playing instead of Crowley. Feel sorry for Palmer, but reckon he's gone at the end of the year so makes a vague kind of sense. Clancee and Mello would have been the obvious two I'd rather have been in.

This. :thumbsu:

Interesting that Mitchell has said both Pitt and Palmer are being held over this weekend. I think Pitt is no chance of playing as his WAFL form has been ordinary, but if the Eagles don't run Darling as some are predicting and replace him with Hams, I reckon Palmer will be straight back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes round 18 v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back