Preview Changes round 18 v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd look a bit silly with four talls in the backline if Darling doesn't even play. There was a report in the West today that he's carrying an injury and in the teams he's been named on the i/c.

We'd look a bit silly with four talls in the backline if Darling doesn't even play. There was a report in the West today that he's carrying an injury and in the teams he's been named on the i/c.

Particularly in the rain...

Faulks has just been given the 'keep up the good work young fella' treatment.

Where does Kepler slot in with Johnson and Clarke among the coaches favourites though?

I like the idea of McPharlin v LeCras. Would probably then go with Silvagni on Cox/Naitanui, Grover on Lynch and McPhee on Darling with deBoer going to Embley.

I'm told Suban is fit, no problems. :thumbsu:

Has been doing game-style training loads for a couple of weeks without issue. With the hole that Hayden leaves, Suban is too valuable to use as the sub surely?

It must be that Kep can't be right - he hasn't played a game at any level for what, three weeks, more??

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Duffman is on the edge.

Forecast for Sunday is "(a) few showers developing, Max 20".

Has been doing game-style training loads for a couple of weeks without issue. With the hole that Hayden leaves, Suban is too valuable to use as the sub surely?

It must be that Kep can't be right - he hasn't played a game at any level for what, three weeks, more??[/quote]

Pretty sure Kep has been playing for West Perth over the last few weeks. Must admit am a little mystified why suddeenly he is out of favour.:confused:

Yep, and Roberton is not exactly short either so it's really 5:eek: although he'd probably play forward if Faulks gets a gig.

It must be that Kep can't be right - he hasn't played a game at any level for what, three weeks, more??

Kep has played a couple of games WAFL, and played well too. We actually have a WAFL thread esquilax that makes good reading. Check it out some time;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does Kepler slot in with Johnson and Clarke among the coaches favourites though?

I like the idea of McPharlin v LeCras. Would probably then go with Silvagni on Cox/Naitanui, Grover on Lynch and McPhee on Darling with deBoer going to Judd.

Good thinking. Didn't think of McPhee. Perfect matchup... if Jack is feeling a bit sore and banged up at this end of the season, imagine how he'll feel if McPhee is matched up on him. The Silvagni and Grover match-ups also look good.

One problem. Who matches up on Kennedy? For me, it's still Elvis vs Kennedy. Match Ibbo on Lecras. If Ibbo is struggling, put Broughton or Suban on Lecras.

Good to see Duffield on the bench rather than in the 18. About time!

Kep has played a couple of games WAFL, and played well too. We actually have a WAFL thread esquilax that makes good reading. Check it out some time;)

I read it - I even post in it. Yes, he did play last weekend, for some reason I'd forgotten games other than the Claremont v Port Magpies game was played (I was in Melb).

He missed Rnd 15 unexpectedly and I'd thought he missed Rnd 14 but that's because he was played v Brisbane. Oops. :thumbsu: :eek:

Good thinking. Didn't think of McPhee. Perfect matchup... if Jack is feeling a bit sore and banged up at this end of the season, imagine how he'll feel if McPhee is matched up on him. The Silvagni and Grover match-ups also look good.

One problem. Who matches up on Kennedy? For me, it's still Elvis vs Kennedy. Match Ibbo on Lecras. If Ibbo is struggling, put Broughton or Suban on Lecras.

Good to see Duffield on the bench rather than in the 18. About time!

I think I'd kill myself if I saw this matchup :thumbsdown:

Yeah, don't understand why Kep has fallen out of favour. He played quite well in the WAFL with 26 poss, numerous marks and a few goals.

Seems the coaches have a lot more patience with the underperformance of some people (looking at you MJ and Duffman) than guys like Kep.

Maybe it had to do with Keps forward pressure (or lack thereof)?? If he's not contributing on the scoreboard like Mayne, maybe they want him contributing to forward pressure.

The other guy that is hard done by is Pearce. Would much rather Pearce than turnover merchant/bomb it long with out looking Crowley.

Maybe the club figure Kep's value is at an all-time high and don't want to risk any bad performances lowering the asking price when Sheedy comes knocking for his lovechild.

/conspiracy theory

duffield out, faulks in. thoughts? havn't been impressed with duffield this season and is a huge liability in one on one contests.

I've lost a lot of faith in Duffman this season.

If you can't win (or at least halve) one on one contests regularly then you either need to rack up lots of the ball (like he's done in the past, not this season though) or have the ability to tear teams to shreds when you do get it (a la Hilly).

I'd be pretty happy if we somehow managed to package up MJ and Duffman to GWS for decent picks. I know when it comes to trades people on BF always try to package crap + crap and hope it equals quality, but you'd think if ever it was going to work it would be to a start up team who desperately needed some established players.

Not saying those two are crap but as far as senior players go I see them as our standout two worst offenders when it comes to those games where we just don't turn up with any intensity at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes round 18 v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back