Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s really not good enough. He never hurts the opposition. Trade if anyone wants him.

I can point to 2-3 critical goal-saving or forward pressure tackles during the games against Carlton. He's by no means flash, but he has elite endurance and provided pressure around the contest in spades against the Blues.

"Shape Keeper"

Is that the new and improved David Mackay "Non statistical role player" position??

"The Runner" is the dumbest role I've ever heard. I can run up and down the field like a headless chook, where's my contract?

Ok... a bit harsh. But how about just a game or two in the SANFL?

All players - not just one - have to keep their shape for a zone - or the opposition will cut us to ribbons.

It's complete BS that keeping shape is up to 1 player. What would then happen when he is on the bench?

Can't believe that this was actually given as a reason nor some actually believe it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All players - not just one - have to keep their shape for a zone - or the opposition will cut us to ribbons.

It's complete BS that keeping shape is up to 1 player. What would then happen when he is on the bench?

Can't believe that this was actually given as a reason nor some actually believe it...
Coaches telling Ned his role is the “runner” is like the shite my parents used to tell me growing up - about how I was clever in my own special way. Only to realise later in life I’m a moron like the rest of you people.

Ok I have been a McHenry strong critic since he was recruited and have read posts why selected .
But come on. how can anyone defend him on last game as only able to get near bal on few occasions to absolutely stink it up on ale very occasions .
If he is picked this week I will totally lose it ,

listening to Ned on 5aa last night, it’s clear he’s playing a role for the team and it’s all about “keeping the shape”. He’s running and running and contesting when the ball is there (which clearly isn’t very often). Not sure he’ll be dropped based on that. I suspect Murphy was the shape keeper until he got injured. Ned mentioned that other teams have this role too - did anyone hear the convo?
Sounds like a non statistical role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back