Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible probably a bit harsh, but its not a good standard IMO.
Not good? Seriously? We’ve got AFL players playing in the SANFL who don’t dominate, if it wasn’t a good standard and they were up against chumps they would kill it.

Plenty of quality players in the SANFL.

When is the last game you’ve been to?

Not good? Seriously? We’ve got AFL players playing in the SANFL who don’t dominate, if it wasn’t a good standard and they were up against chumps they would kill it.

Plenty of quality players in the SANFL.

Its a massive massive difference between AFL and SANFL. The VFL is a much higher standard than the SANFL as well.

When is the last game you’ve been to?

Many many years. Wouldn't pay money to watch.

Its a massive massive difference between AFL and SANFL. The VFL is a much higher standard than the SANFL as well.

Many many years. Wouldn't pay money to watch.
How many VFL games you watch?

The SANFL beat the VFL 2 weeks ago.

The AFL is an elite competition. So it goes from elite to not good, sure there isn’t a good in between? And why don’t AFL listed players dominate? You missed that

So you’ve got some preconceived ideas on the SANFL and haven’t watched a game live and yet have such knowledgeable opinion on it….

How many VFL games you watch?

Same amount as the SANFL.

Surely it is though. VFL has 12 teams with AFL listed players playing every week. SANFL has 2.

The SANFL beat the VFL 2 weeks ago.

Thats a best 22 plucked from each league.

So you’ve got some preconceived ideas on the SANFL and haven’t watched a game live and yet have such knowledgeable opinion on it….

Well - I don't think any league which has James Rowe and Harrison Wigg as dominant players is way way behind the AFL standard.

And its not just me. If it was a much better standard surely more than 2,000 - 3,000 people would pay good money to attend the matches?

Same amount as the SANFL.

Surely it is though. VFL has 12 teams with AFL listed players playing every week. SANFL has 2.

Thats a best 22 plucked from each league.

Well - I don't think any league which has James Rowe and Harrison Wigg as dominant players is way way behind the AFL standard.

And its not just me. If it was a much better standard surely more than 2,000 - 3,000 people would pay good money to attend the matches?
It’s a lower level comp, people focus on the AFL. Ask those that go who regularly watch it if it’s a good standard of football. It is, not matter the bias against it you might have.

Wigg and Rowe aren’t elite AFL standard they are good though and that’s what SANFL is, good footy.

You still haven’t covered why AFL listed players don’t dominate.

We should be moving Nank to HF and bringing in Ryan or playing Curtin in HF. We can drop McHenry for one of those 2 options.
Berry in for Crouch
Borlase for Butts

Laird still on limited rotations in the middle
What? No! Nank is the quintessential wingman. Leave him there for the next 10 years.

Pedlar as sub would be idiotic.

He’s out of form. Missed a game. Played one game, only saw the first half and didn’t look great, supposedly improved in the second half?

He needs games to get his form and confidence up, not to play a qtr of footy.

No friggin way McHenry can play another game. He’s been horrid all year. If Pedlar was dropped for form, no ******* way McHenry can survive.
I’d support Pedlar as sub if when he comes on, he goes in the guts rather than play a full game man-marking Mason Redman

When Jones first option is a positive, he is great in his role.

He is a pure see ball, get ball, move ball forward player.

He cost a late goal, Curnow I think, when he handballed to put Crouch under pressure and HTB.

He struggles to assess options. Hence will never be a mid. Wing/Flank he can do well at.

He has no Footy IQ at all. That poor defensive effort showed how bad he is at reading the ball/play.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s really not good enough. He never hurts the opposition. Trade if anyone wants him.

Pedlar as sub would be idiotic.

He’s out of form. Missed a game. Played one game, only saw the first half and didn’t look great, supposedly improved in the second half?

He needs games to get his form and confidence up, not to play a qtr of footy.

No friggin way McHenry can play another game. He’s been horrid all year. If Pedlar was dropped for form, no ******* way McHenry can survive.
You just know the Pedlar logic is going to be "look how well it worked for Soligo"

Jones is an average, average footballer who is stopping a better, younger player coming through for our next push at a flag. His footy iq is very, very bad. Praising his efforts yesterday is exactly why this club has accepted mediocrity for far too long. The bloke has basically been unsighted his whole career. Wingmen are so important to a team’s drive. He gives us next to nothing. Seedsman for instance: 10x the player Jones is.
Spot on

Smiths last two weeks have been pretty good. I think you are focused to much on the errors he makes rather than the other good things he does. Even last quarter yesterday 8 touches at 88%. Stood up including a couple of key knock ons etc.

Would happily rest Jones though to bring Curtin in to that Wing/Half back mix

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Smith as a sub then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a lower level comp,

Sure is.

people focus on the AFL. Ask those that go who regularly watch it if it’s a good standard of football. It is, not matter the bias against it you might have.

I don't have a bias. I just don't think it's a good product.

Wigg and Rowe aren’t elite AFL standard they are good though and that’s what SANFL is, good footy.

They aren't good AFL footballers.

You still haven’t covered why AFL listed players don’t dominate.

Because the good ones are playing AFL and the bad ones play SANFL.

Sure is.

I don't have a bias. I just don't think it's a good product.

They aren't good AFL footballers.

Because the good ones are playing AFL and the bad ones play SANFL.
Funny, I’m not saying they are good afl players but they are good football players in a good comp.

Really, so good afl players that play SANFL that are dropped on form or injured should dominate right? What about juniors coming building a career? Did Nank dominate the SANFL for example?

What about mature age players like Wilkie who have easily made the step to AFL? Was he not a good player all those years in the SANFL?

You made the claim the VFL was better as it had more AFL listed players and yet they are supposedly the bad players….

Anyway, it’s clear not going to change your mind on a product you don’t even watch

Last edited:
Going to be an interesting battle of the coaches this weekend.

Listening to Buckley this morning, after Rozee and JHF tore Essendon a new one, against the Bulldogs they sent two of the younger lesser mids to close check Bont and Libba. Worked on Bont which bloody cost me a multi.

If they choose the same tactic, Rankine will cop one. Given lack of experience will be interesting to see how he handles it. Would the other go to Laird or Soligo?

How will be combat it? Merrett kills us every time, should we send some one to him in a similar role?
I come in peace ✌

I reckon we'll put Caldwell on Laird and Duz on Dawson. McGrath might go to Rankine. Last week we played a combo of Kelly and McGrath on Weightman and kept him quiet.

Does Rankine get midfield minutes? ...and how likely are Rachele and Soligo to get midfield time? Honestly, the speed of those three particularly troubles me.

Also, Caldwell has a calf complaint but not confirmed out yet.

I come in peace ✌

I reckon we'll put Caldwell on Laird and Duz on Dawson. McGrath might go to Rankine. Last week we played a combo of Kelly and McGrath on Weightman and kept him quiet.

Does Rankine get midfield minutes? ...and how likely are Rachele and Soligo to get midfield time? Honestly, the speed of those three particularly troubles me.

Also, Caldwell has a calf complaint but not confirmed out yet.
I hope that’s what they do and leave Soligo and Rankine to run amok in the midfield like they did last week.

Funny, I’m not saying they are good afl players but they are good football players in a good comp.

Really, so good afl players that play SANFL that are dropped on form or injured should dominate right? What about juniors coming building a career? Did Nank dominate the SANFL for example?

AFL listed players make a small portion of the SANFL. I think the Crows had 11 AFL listed players play in the SANFL this week and Port had 15.

The other 200 odd are all part timers.

What about mature age players like Wilkie who have easily made the step to AFL? Was he not a good player all those years in the SANFL?

Sure there are good players in the SANFL. But overall its not very good IMO.

You made the claim the VFL was better as it had more AFL listed players and yet they are supposedly the bad players….

Yup. Not sure how that wouldn't translate? Surely a league with significantly more AFL listed players would produce a better standard than a league that is mostly part timers...
Anyway, it’s clear not going to change your mind on a product you don’t even watch

True. I watched the SANFL Grand Final which is the best it has to offer. Meh.

Would be interesting to see a best 22 SANFL vs best 22 VFL match with the average number of AFL listed players you'd face in each league

Obviously in the match just played the VFL side didn't feature AFL listed players.

14 of 21 VFL teams are AFL reserves. Just two non reserves sides made VFL finals last year (top 10). 3 of them were the bottom 3

The SANFL isn't as good as AFL

View attachment 1961987

Agree.

love actually i think its crap colin GIF

AFL listed players make a small portion of the SANFL. I think the Crows had 11 AFL listed players play in the SANFL this week and Port had 15.

The other 200 odd are all part timers.

Sure there are good players in the SANFL. But overall its not very good IMO.

Yup. Not sure how that wouldn't translate? Surely a league with significantly more AFL listed players would produce a better standard than a league that is mostly part timers...

True. I watched the SANFL Grand Final which is the best it has to offer. Meh.
What about the returning afl players?
What about the juniors about to be drafted?

“They are not very good IMO but it won’t watch the games” yeah ok

You said they were bad players, so the VFL has more AFL listed bad players then….

The 2023 SANFL GF was shit, how about the 2022 watch that one?

What did you think of the 2022 AFL grand final?

It’s clear you’re passing judgement on a league and standard you don’t watch, it’s rather odd then you think you’re in a position to say it’s not good football.

Anyway its a changes thread, don’t think there’s more I can do to change your ignorant ill informed stubborn opinion ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back