Opinion Changes v. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that a lot of you have no faith in the decision makers at the club will make the right decisions. It isn't the final team, by all means if that is how it ends up tomorrow afternoon go ballistic.
Hayes is growing and has performed well so far, no reason to not get a game. I believe that if he were dropped, his name wouldn't be there at all. He is the first ruck but we'll see.
Enjoy your Thursday night, don't be enraged.

Not epic melting yet as sometimes ducks and drakes or workload means a rest is a must but if Hayes is out **** Hinkley.

Sure not the fastest and needs to get around more but last I checked the game, ball ups, throw ins still start with a ruckman who you benefit from getting them giving you first use of the ball. Also he has shown he learns each time he plays. Why not continue.

Also even in the wet tall players still play a role and 200 odd centimetres at the start of the game is till 200 odd at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duurs has been dogshit for a while now. One good game against the bottom of the ladder SANFL team doesn’t just wipe all that away. Would rather he dominate in the SANFL for a few weeks, build some confidence and then come back.

Leaving out Hayes would be what Sir Humphrey Applebee would call a "courageous decision". I think it would be crazy to go up against Draper with a non-ruckman if you can avoid it.

Duurs has been dogshit for a while now. One good game against the bottom of the ladder SANFL team doesn’t just wipe all that away. Would rather he dominate in the SANFL for a few weeks, build some confidence and then come back.
Yeah I guess he’s got no hope of getting a game in front of the mighty McEntee.

So Dixon in makes sense and was expected.

Frederick played well in the twos and has been around the mark.

Bonner had been in great form and deserves to be back in.

McEntee I’m presuming is because he is quick and small and will play as a small forward. Surely Schofield, Mead or Duursma would play this role as well and had better form. I don’t mind the coaches asking players to string multiple good SANFL games together prior to selection but has McEntee done this? If it is going to be a wet slog fest then maybe Williams would actually be ok in that sort of contest.

Hayes has been getting better but we are kidding ourselves if we are suggesting he is a gun or lack of around the ground effort isn’t hurting. He is also likely to be knackered. A slog in the wet will mean a lot of ruck contests, it may be too much for him. That being said, the bye is next week, he’ll rest then. Finlayson is an ok at best second ruck. Draper is a big, physical, aggressive ruckman. He could rip it out of the middle and bang it forward all night. The extra ‘midfielder’ that Finlayson will provide will likely be counter balanced by Draper winning the touches and hoofing it forward. This doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Dropping Hayes is just completely illogical with the bye around the corner unless he’s injured.

In a wet contest with most likely endless stoppages those tap outs to advantage could be huge.

If we seriously play Finlayson as number 1 ruck we will be lucky to have more than 2 HO to advantage all game and constantly on the back foot in the middle.

Why are we talking like we've dropped Hayes and we're playing McEntee? Do none of you know how extended benches work?

I wouldn't put either of those things past the brilliant mind of Ken Hinkley tbh, but let's wait until he actually does them before we melt about it.

Getting outraged over the 25 not the 22 is next level. They name different emergencies most weeks.

Duursma will be back but I didn’t expect it to be this week. Needs another good game I’m the sanfl.

Dixon and Bonner will be the only 2 ins in my opinion and that’s great news.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why are we talking like we've dropped Hayes and we're playing McEntee? Do none of you know how extended benches work?

I wouldn't put either of those things past the brilliant mind of Ken Hinkley tbh, but let's wait until he actually does them before we melt about it.
Fair point. Although how often is the named starting 18 changed? Why would we name Finlayson as starting ruck? That’s a fair statement in regards to selection. If there are decisions yet to be made, wouldn’t you put Hayes and Finlayson on the bench and chuck Dixon in the ruck or SPP?

Getting outraged over the 25 not the 22 is next level. They name different emergencies most weeks.

Duursma will be back but I didn’t expect it to be this week. Needs another good game I’m the sanfl.

Dixon and Bonner will be the only 2 ins in my opinion and that’s great news.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed on Dixon and Bonner. And likewise don’t mind Duursma and Mead being made to earn it.

The issue that I have is around integrity of selection. Has McEntee earned it like we are asking Mead and Duursma to? Why did Schofield go from emergency to solid sanfl game to nothing? A number of players didn’t put their best foot forward in Geelong but no one comes out?

Not wasting my melt for an extended bench night.. Friday night shall be a different story
Indianajones GIF by CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back