Prediction Changes v Melbourne (5 added to squad including Phillips, Cloke and Oxley omitted, see squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck to Wittsy, assuming he makes the final cut. Good to have him back in the team, but no idea how we'll go with all these big men. We'll find outdoor enough.:eek:

north have been playing 3 bigs (petrie, brown and goldy) so it can work.

Witts seemed to spend a bit of time behind the footy in the nab cup. Almost Gary Dempsey like playing a kick behind play. I reckon he will play all year now. If he is going they need to bump his value.

Modern footy has gone way beyond players the style of Trav Cloke.

Unless he learns how to hit up at the footy, gain possession through ground balls, drops 5kgs and gains a yard of pace then he won't be getting back to a good AFL player standard.

Love the bloke and the player he was 5 years ago, yes 5 years, but he's a shadow of what he was and right now isn't even a good VFL player. Sad but true.

So you prefer White over Cloke?

The other thing with Cloke going is that it sets back our window of contention. Cloke should be helping Moore reach his potential, instead Moore has had to take the lead role and has been smashed, literally.

You want Cloke to be Moores personal bodyguard oh the field? Collision sport, shit happens. Darcy will be fine when he returns and doesn't need Trav to hold his hand.

You want Cloke to be Moores personal bodyguard oh the field? Collision sport, shit happens. Darcy will be fine when he returns and doesn't need Trav to hold his hand.

What we seen last few weeks. Moore is our Number 1 KPF

My issue is that why is it good enough to make an example of some but not others? Buckley bangs on about effort and intensity and tipping in and all his other cliched measuring tools but surely there are repeat offenders that do not deliver and still keep a spot?

Cloke was in his words 'serviceable' last week when the team was not, Cloke was serviceable when Buckley, his gameplan and selection on a wet day were not.

I know who the hell should be shown the door for good and it is not Travis!

Maybe the standards for a highly paid player are higher than for others? Maybe he needs to get his confidence back and it's obvious it won't happen in AFL so needs to do it in VFL.

Are you willing to share who you think should be shown the door for good?

I was thinking more about Cloke playing the lead role from which Moore would learn. In this scenario Cloke would also take most of the heat. I thought that was obvious sorry.

At the moment. Yes. White dropped about 10kg 2 seasons ago.
We play him fwd, back, ruck, dropped, then he in again then out. The guy is more at the end of an AFL career then Cloke should be but you wouldn't know it from the outside.

Right now, yes.

The bad White returned last week but his form the previous few weeks was much better.

He's still on thin ice though.

It's an indictment on Cloke that this is even a question. People are forgetting that Trav has been really poor for 18 months now, even longer. He wasn't dropped on the back of a couple of poor games and should never have been picked last week.

We are not good enough to have a kpf simply as a decoy...

I think what I am trying to say is that with a decent coaching set up Cloke would not be a decoy.

I was thinking more about Cloke playing the lead role from which Moore would learn. In this scenario Cloke would also take most of the heat. I thought that was obvious sorry.

Clokes form has deteriorated over a 2-3 year period that he just can't be picked anymore with any confidence. Was a gun, BnF at age 20 but maybe one of those players who played their best footy earlier rather than later in their career.

At the moment. Yes. White dropped about 10kg 2 seasons ago.
We play him fwd, back, ruck, dropped, then he in again then out. The guy is more at the end of an AFL career then Cloke should be but you wouldn't know it from the outside.

Is that the player that got out-bodied twice in five minutes by a dwarf last week?

Maybe he should have kept the weight on.

White is not the future IMO.......obviously Cloke isn't so you should be happy.

Yayyyyy go Jesse!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clokes form has deteriorated over a 2-3 year period that he just can't be picked anymore with any confidence. Was a gun, BnF at age 20 but maybe one of those players who played their best footy earlier rather than later in their career.

We will have to agree to disagree. Clubs like Hawthorn to continue to get the best out of older players whilst we seem to throw them on the scrapheap. IMO, we need to clear out the whole footy department.

He's a one trick pony as a forward and game has moved past that.

We will see. He will get his chance at another club next year and I expect him to return to his best.

I think what I am trying to say is that with a decent coaching set up Cloke would not be a decoy.

You're fighting a losing battle jmac just like Cloke at the Pies.

Can the anti Cloke people please explain why White is still uncontracted? It beggars belief for me anyway.

Can the anti Cloke people please explain why White is still uncontracted? It beggars belief for me anyway.

Quicky said it best: "Bucks has lost the plot".

He doesn't get attacked for that view though, and quite rightly, I do because I am an easy target.

Think I might take a few days off.

Quicky said it best: "Bucks has lost the plot".

He doesn't get attacked for that view though, and quite rightly, I do because I am an easy target.

Think I might take a few days off.

Don't do it jmac your arguments have been respectful and quite balanced.

Just like Quicky said some people don't want to hear the truth about Bucks.

I am off to bed looking forward to your posts tomorrow mate.

Proof is in the pudding (I believe), and that pudding was a lack of run, grunt and lockdown in the backline last week. Port's small forwards had a field day whilst Marley was in the VFL. I don't see why its so hard to accept that the match committee made a selection mistake. God knows its not the first one they have made this year.
From most reports Marley didn't actually play that well in the VFL. I'm not finding it hard to accept anything, I simply disagree with you that a player who's played 3 quarters of average football in the last 6 weeks should be a walk up start.

White is not the future IMO.......obviously Cloke isn't so you should be happy.
Question who would be preferred. Based upon versatility and recent output, White wins that.
I was as happy with White's form before that game as I would be with Cloke if he had returned to form. Somehow when Cloke and White play together, both are absolutely putrid. I am more tolerant of White because that it is as good as it gets from him. Cloke has set higher expectations and deserves more scrutiny .
Maybe they jinx each other, I don't know.
A GoPies for me, Cloke included.

Anti Cloke? I prefer Clokewise but that aside. If Cloke comes back to form, Moore takes over from White and Cloke becomes the 2nd fwd next to Cox.
White has been good for a few games but he is still on the outer for me if he doesn't perform consistently. Either him or Gault. Or both.
White doesn't go anywhere that quickly. We are in no rush.

Cloke dropped when White, Frost, Toovey, Greenwood played worse. And for all people in Witts, a slow peaheart who occasional wins a hitout but does nothing else. Geez its selections like these that make me want to switch teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back