Faulks Silvagni Grover
Ibbotson McPharlin Suban

Fyfe Barlow Mzungu

Ballantyne Pavlich Hill
Mayne Johnson McPhee

Sandilands Mundy Broughton

Clarke Lower Crowley
Palmer

Not 100% happy with it, but i think its good enough to deal with the roos...

Not really worried about Mundy re-injuring.
Not much chance of that(except bad luck).

Sandi is the one who will re-injure and make it worse.
Really needs to be wrapped in cotton wool an resting that foot completely for a few months.
Trouble is hes far too valueable an is able to play at about 80% ability which is still better than a 100% Clarke or Griifin as main ruck.

No point having Hill in the team because Brady Rawlings will just murder him like he did last year.

What should happen is that Hill should run past Pavlich, Sandilands or McPhee at various points during the game so that those big bodies can pick off the tag and drop them in a massive way. Do it time and again to make the opposition players think a bit. Why is this not done?

In: Mundy, McPhee
Out: Hinkley, Lower

Zac to ruck most of the day with Sandilands playing full forward and relieving in the ruck.

B: Broughton - Silvagni - Faulks
HB: Hill - McPharlin - Mzungu
C: Ibbotson - Mundy - Fyfe
HF: Mayne - Pavlich - Ballantyne
F: Grover - Sandilands - Pitt
R: Clarke - Barlow - Palmer

I: Lower - Johnson - McPhee
S: Suban

OUT: Crowley, Pearce, Hinkley, Duffield
IN: Mundy, Pitt, McPhee, Palmer

A couple of things-

Yes, I realise that's a very tall line-up (8 talls) for a side that just got ran off the oval against Carlton. There isn't much I can do while there is a white powder coated elephant in the room though.

I'd like to see Grover trialled in a Max Rooke style role up forward. We're too tall, slow and lack run with all of Grover, Silvagni, McPharlin and Faulks down back. I'm somewhat thinking long-term and somewhat thinking about just setting Grover free to cause chaos and maybe kick a goal or two in his 200th.

Broughton down back to do what he does best.

Hill and Mzungu down back to provide the drive out of the backline we've been missing all year. I'd prefer Hill to play around the ball, but he's been soooo flat for most of this season that he's lucky to be playing at all.

Ibbotson further up the ground to take advantage of his run. It should also increase our attack/risk taking from the back-line, as he tends to play very safe.

Pitt to provide some class and polish to our forward-line. He's an attacking player, which is something we are really lacking at the moment. I'd go for Walters if he was fit - which would probably have Pitt playing as the substitute - however Walters has been out for a while now.

Despite a poor game last week, I think Lower will be required around the stoppages this week. He just gives us a different look when he's around the contest.

Suban can come in to play either midfield or release Mzungu, Broughton or Hill to do so. I think he needs to play a midfield role on a more permanent basis anyway, so he gets a quarter to show what he can do.

ibbotson is soft!
Play Hill on the ball, but get protection for him.
Use McPhee and others to come in of the line to block for Hill.

Violently block with extreme prejudice. :thumbsu:

Ibbo isn't as soft as people think - he's been better than most lately and seems to be improving his awareness levels

Woud like to see Palmer and Mundy both back in to the side - but Palmer might be worth holding out on for another week as tendant/ligament/muscle injuries are far more likely to re-occur than bone injuries (especially clean breaks)

Maybe even rest Sandi and bring Griff back?

Des had some strong words for Hill in an article:

"Sometimes I think Hilly will just think his speed's just going to break them (the opposition) down, but the players are so fit now.

"If you're a tagger in the team, you're often the fittest and that means you can go with anyone.

"Because he (Hill) is a quiet player, he's got to demand his teammates to really help him out in that area … he's got to scream and yell at someone and say, 'Look, give me a bit of time, give me a block, just give me some space' and off he goes."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10045914/docker-hill-told-to-speak-up-for-himself/

Spot on too - he needs to demand protection. demand the ball and above all else demand a lead when going in to the forward 50. Only then will his true potential be realised

he has(had?) the nickname "Humphrey" around the club for his extremely quiet nature (not because he didn't like to wear pants)

I agree with Des, and that's why I think people like De Boer and McPhee are so important to our line up. The protection thing is something the Eagles (with freeing Judd and Kerr) and Geelong did so much better than we do.

B: faulks. SNOS groves

HB: broughts maca duffield

C: hill. Lower Ibbo

HF: mayne. Pav. Mzungu

FF : ballas immunitypin sandi

Ruck : Clarke barra. Barlow

Res: lower, McPhee, Crowley, Suban

Hopefully this team can break our 4 game losing streak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changes for the weekend

Out: Soft tackling, Pathetic running, dismal skills

In: Spine, Heart, Someguts

Wait I think the IN's all play for North so I think we're f****d, oh well throw in Mundy, Mcphee and Schammer (why not) and give it one last crack. If they lose this week then start tanking, if we are not tanking already ;)!!!

Out: Spineless bullshit, soft football, missing tackles
In: Some ****ing heart and a 4 quarter performance

In any event Fusion @ Crown on Sat night post-game is going to be a much better end to the night. Bring on the dancefloor

No room for Fyfe? :confused:

We got showen up last week with the lack of speed. There is no need to have four KPP in our back line where only playing north who use Petrie n Edwards as tall forward tagerts. We need a running team. You can drop Crowley for Fyfe as well

Fb: groves SNOS suban

HB: broughts maca ibbo

C: hill lower mzungu

HF: mayne JA fyfe

Ff:ballas Kep sandi

Ruck : Clarke barra Barlow

Res: duffield Crowley Faulks (McPhee)

Fb: groves SNOS suban

HB: broughts maca ibbo

C: hill lower mzungu

HF: mayne JA fyfe

Ff:ballas Kep sandi

Ruck : Clarke barra Barlow

Res: duffield Crowley Faulks (McPhee)

No Pav? are you expecting him to be injured eh?

I would go:

FB: Grover, Silvagni, Ibbotson
HB: Hill, Macca, Mzzzzzzz
C: Lower, McPhee, Suban
HF: Fyfe, Pav, Johnson
FF: Ballas, Clarke, Mayne

Ruck: Sandi, Barlow, Mundy

Pine: Duffield, Creepy, Faulksy (Keplar)

Might be a bit too tall, so Keplar on the bench might get replaced by Palmer if he is fit.

Yeah, Des would know. He was great at breaking a tag...NOT!

In fact Des used to struggle against a soft or half tag.

Don't know if he was that poor on a tag or just plain inconsistant. He was very vocal on the field which Hilly could take note of.

No Pav? are you expecting him to be injured eh?

I would go:

FB: Grover, Silvagni, Ibbotson
HB: Hill, Macca, Mzzzzzzz
C: Lower, McPhee, Suban
HF: Fyfe, Pav, Johnson
FF: Ballas, Clarke, Mayne

Ruck: Sandi, Barlow, Mundy

Pine: Duffield, Creepy, Faulksy (Keplar)

Might be a bit too tall, so Keplar on the bench might get replaced by Palmer if he is fit.

Well if he is better of resting, can't afford any more underdone players, if he's ok then replace KEP at FF

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back