Changes vs North

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to know on what basis Pitt has been brought in because it surely cant be his good recent form.

Anyone know who is flying over out of the emergencies, perhaps a late change could be on the cards as I feel Pitt is completely out of his depth at the moment playing senior footy.

I obviously hope I am wrong.

Hey guys, do you think Lower is likely to get back in the side in Rd23 or 24?

I think he's being brought back specially for round 24 to knock Barry Hall into early retirement.

Fyfe loves playing against North Melbourne, has some great stats against them. Hopefully he has another good game!

Your guess is as good as ours - he was subbed off so maybe he's injured or running out of steam

It's his first full 22(ish) game season - considering before joining us he was in the SANFL and before that he played around 20 games from 06-09 (he's played 18 this season)

His Kamikaze tactics have probably given him a few bumps and bruises that might make him eligible for a rest before the collingwood game and hopefully the finals

good to see Faulks axed after a promising first game like Bucovaz .

Perhaps Pitt will be able to a shut-down role on Petrie no doubt. Don't get me wrong I think Pitt will be good but I am unsure of what can offer in what will probably be a very physical game.

Palmer, Hinkley and Pitt on the interchange have all offered little consistency this year. The only thing I can think of is perhaps these players are there for quick movement. If we can't move the ball forward quickly they will be useless selections. Bradley would have been a better marking option with Clarke and Sandi resting forward.

My concern is that we get shut down with pressure, as we have so often this year , and have to resort to slow ineffectual movement forward. Don't want to see the ball going wide and Mcphee Pav and Mayne etc all continually spoiled in marking contests. Then again it may never happen:)

Definitely looked hampered by something before being subbed out last game.

Am hoping for his sake that he was hampered by something, because just about every time I saw him in the Carlton game he was jogging behind the play.

And I really mean jogging... no effort to catch the opposition player.

Probably the first time that I can remember being p*ssed off at him for a lack of effort, because can't remember a lack of effort when I've seen him right next to the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm quietly confident that Jayden Pitt will tear it up this game like he did against Adelaide.

We are so far underdone we're dripping. Mundy, Palmer, Sandilands, Barlow, Suban, McPhee. Adding to that is Pavlich who is carrying tendonitis, Hinkley who is subbed out of games, Hill who looks to be restricted, Pitt who hasn't had a run at AFL level in months and Fyfe who looks worn out again.

We should smash the Kangaroos, it's only half our team that isn't quite cherry ripe.

Seriously now, Lindsay Thomas usually introduces us to our new sphincter. Small forwards tear us up.

Small forwards tear us up.

Seems that way. Eddie Betts always has a field day.

I'd like to see Ballantyne played on guys like this as an attcking defender.

Seems that way. Eddie Betts always has a field day.

I'd like to see Ballantyne played on guys like this as an attcking defender.

I'd agree with you if we had two of him. I'm not sure, but it seems like unless you're one of our 190+cm tall key defenders, you aren't a stopper, you're just starting further behind the centre with your disposal collection and rebounding.

We have Grover, McPharlin, Silvani and Broughton who I rate as stoppers. Duffield is a liability defensively but his potential attacking movement is too good to refuse when he's on song, as long as we can play him on an unexperienced or very average small forward.

I think Faulks was dropped because he's our 4th tall defender and the Kangaroos don't have four tall forwards.

That is exactly what should be done. If Rawlings goes to Hill, Hill should run to FF and sit there and provide leads. It accomplishes two things, keeps Hill's man from getting the ball and Hill should be able to provide plenty of good leads with his agility and speed.

Hawthorn have been trying this tactic for years with Rioli when Brady plays him without any significant success. Rioli has never kicked more than 1 goal in a game against us.

Brady will get Ballantyne. We won't be letting him off the leash this time.

Cunnington will go to Ballantyne.

Hawthorn have been trying this tactic for years with Rioli when Brady plays him without any significant success. Rioli has never kicked more than 1 goal in a game against us.

Fair. But Rawlings generally gets a lot of the ball. Burying him at full back wouldn't be too bad a thing as it keeps him out of the play. But it does waste Hilly's capabilities.

Worth trying for parts of the game to see how it goes. But would much rather see Hill in the midfield or wing, with McPhee bolted to his hip.

Fair. But Rawlings generally gets a lot of the ball. Burying him at full back wouldn't be too bad a thing as it keeps him out of the play. But it does waste Hilly's capabilities.

Worth trying for parts of the game to see how it goes. But would much rather see Hill in the midfield or wing, with McPhee bolted to his hip.

Mate, Brady getting a lot of the ball is a bad sign for us. I'd happily have just shut down an opposition player.

Rawlings has been pretty average as far as ball gathering goes 3 of his last 4 games... I'd rather concentrate on formulating a plan to make Hill involved regardless.

Rawlings has been pretty average as far as ball gathering goes 3 of his last 4 games... I'd rather concentrate on formulating a plan to make Hill involved regardless.

Fair enough Daw and Leung... but said "would much rather see Hill in the midfield or wing, with McPhee bolted to his hip."

Great opportunity for Hill to show he's improved since the pantsing vs Rawlings last year, and a great opportunity for the team to show they'll help him out. Rawlings is too good a tagger for Hilly to be able to break the tag solely by himself.

Fair enough Daw and Leung... but said "would much rather see Hill in the midfield or wing, with McPhee bolted to his hip."

Great opportunity for Hill to show he's improved since the pantsing vs Rawlings last year, and a great opportunity for the team to show they'll help him out. Rawlings is too good a tagger for Hilly to be able to break the tag solely by himself.

Hill beat him at Patersons, specifically in the goalsquare..

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back