Changes vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the extent of Cox's injury? Nothing in the match reports...

He is having problems with the foot he injured last season. Perhaps him playing on is contributing to it..but yeh, that's the problem, not sure how bad it is.
Naah its a groin injury.
Probably a strain cause he said it was bothering him but not effecting him so I think they just made sure he didnt do any more damage.

If its not torn then I would say a injection and he will play.
Naita I spoke to yesterday at the Swannies game and he said it was a lower back injury and he got it in a melbourne game. So doubt he will be back for next week.

LeCras i would say should miss next week with a hyper-extension of the Elbow, even though he did come back on in the last 2 minutes I think it was more of a test rather then he was fine.

Outs: LeCras, Cox, Nicoski, Stenglein
IN: Seaby, McKinley, S.Selwood, Kerr

FB: S.Selwood, Glass, Wirrpanda
HB: A.Selwood, Mackezie, Hurn
C: Embley, Priddis, Rosa
HF: Ebert, Kennedy, Brown
FF: McKinley, Hansen, Cockie
RR: Seaby, Kerr, Masten
Int: Lynch, Spangher, Butler, McGinnity.

Outs: LeCras, Cox, Nicoski, Stenglein
IN: Seaby, McKinley, S.Selwood, Kerr

FB: S.Selwood, Glass, Wirrpanda
HB: A.Selwood, Mackezie, Hurn
C: Embley, Priddis, Rosa
HF: Ebert, Kennedy, Brown
FF: McKinley, Hansen, Cockie
RR: Seaby, Kerr, Masten
Int: Lynch, Spangher, Butler, McGinnity.

What has McKinley done?

11 disposals, no goals or behinds.

Apart from Emac's start to the game I thought he did ok - didn't sight Kosi all match so I guess he must have done something....People on here are so fickle two weeks ago everyone hailing Hurn and he turns one bad game and everyone wants him out!!!

Fox sport just reported that Cox may be out for the rest of the season........Anyone else hear this?

Probably more a common sense decision rather than the actual injury if it's true.

Why risk serious damage when we are no finals chance? Just rest him so when we are actually a finals team we have him.

If hes injured may as well ice him up for the year. Give NickNat and Seaby rucking duties.

No point playing anyone injured anymore. Not going to win us games.

Out: Spangher, Butler, Cox, Le Cras(if Injured)
In: Wilkes, S Selwood, Seaby, Swift(If Le Cras injured)

We shouldn't be having Swift as our emergency. He needs more game time so if hes not selected to play for WCE he should be playing for Claremont.

What has McKinley done?

11 disposals, no goals or behinds.
Not much at all but we still need a small forward and who else can come in for Lecca ??? Bedford and Arrowsmith are rookie listed and cant play, so we have no other small forward options.

Our injury list is getting quite loooong.
D.Cox- ????- injuried on weekend
M.LeCras-????? injuried on weekend.
N.Naitanui- 1-2 weeks- told me himself.
B.Staker- 3-4 weeks
A.Hunter- 4 weeks
L.Shuey- 6 weeks
B.Waters- Season
J.McNamara- ???? Injuried on weekend
T.Houlihan- 2-4 weeks
B.Jones- 2 weeks
W.Schofield- 2 weeks
D.Kerr- 1 - 2 weeks
Nicoski- test- week to week prospect with back injury.

So even with players like Fletcher, McKinley, Seaby who are out of form or players like Notte, Swift, Smith who are only really learning the game at this level they may be required to play some sort of role.
Im not suggesting he be added to the team due to perfomance but due to need. :thumbsu:

Apart from Emac's start to the game I thought he did ok - didn't sight Kosi all match so I guess he must have done something....People on here are so fickle two weeks ago everyone hailing Hurn and he turns one bad game and everyone wants him out!!!

Huh?? One clown hardly counts as "everyone".

On Emac, he was horrible early and struggled all game. He looked indecisive when he had the ball and his form is clearly only a patch of that early in the season.

He is a good player but today won't make his list of best 15 games - and he has only played about 20.

so no Cox, Kerr, Naitanui or LeCras next week possibly?

I was looking forward to having all those guys up and about :mad:

Port lost to Melbourne today as well so they wont be fired up to bounce back at all :rolleyes::(

On the plus side, they also just lost to Melb, so it is not exactly like they are in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the love of god, can we not play Kerr if he is not 100%

This is like the third season in which injuries has impacted on his year.
Would much rather see Cox and Kerr out for the season, if they are not 100%

Out: Anyone with niggling injuries, ship them off for surgery

In: Young kids

...THE TANK IS ON! :rolleyes: :eek:

LOL, I was going to go down this path, albiet with a little less pepper.

Any kid, ready for AFL or not, who has not played and realistically will be retained on the list next year, should be thrown in, just to give them a taste and let them know how hard they need to work to play regularly.
IMO

Huh?? One clown hardly counts as "everyone".

On Emac, he was horrible early and struggled all game. He looked indecisive when he had the ball and his form is clearly only a patch of that early in the season.

He is a good player but today won't make his list of best 15 games - and he has only played about 20.

Sorry wasn't just meaning in this thread...there were others bagging Hurn out!!!!!!Yes Emac's form isn't as good as earlier in the season but keeping Kosi out of the match he must have done something right!

Sorry wasn't just meaning in this thread...there were others bagging Hurn out!!!!!!Yes Emac's form isn't as good as earlier in the season but keeping Kosi out of the match he must have done something right!

There is a difference between bagging Hurn out and recognising that his disposal on the day was very poor and very costly. Why is the question. he seems to lack of poise under pressure when he runs too far. Was the refered pressure yesterday to much for him?

No need to go silly at the selection table. Those calling for changes to the back 6 or 7 i think are incorrect. Nicoski did enough to get a game next week although Milne got away from him in the end. He generally denied him the corridor and forced him to take shots from the pockets. But the little prick still managed to snag a few out of his arse. If there was a better option for Milne im sure the coaching staff would have moved nicoski off him. Wirra was the only one (as ususal) whose accountability could be questioned. I shut my eyes when E-Mac has the footy but he did his job in keeping Kosi quiet. Glass excellent as always. Hurn was off but to drop him after one mediocre game when he would be in the top 3 in the F&B this year would be astonishing. Spangher did enough when back there and even Butler who is being used in the backline lately i thought put his body on the line when needed and used the ball well by hand but probably needs to win more of the footy in that role. Midfield contested well, Ebert was a bit off and Rosa had little influence but both have shown enough recently to stay in the side. Mcginnity was fair but his spot in the side may depend on Kerr's fitness.

In summary:

In: Seaby, Scott Selwood
Out: Cox (Inj), Stenglein

Reward Seaby for good WAFL form and id expect Naitanui to play for Swans this weekend. Stenglein struggled yesterday and Scott Selwood deserves to come straight back in. Kerr if fit will come in probably for Mcginnity. Hope lecras comes up otherwise that will be another forced change but Mckinley does not deserve his spot back at this stage IMO.

Why all the hate for Nicoski's game? I'm not exactly a fan but he was easily in our best players yesterday. It isn't his fault he is played out of position as a negating backman. He did a fairly good job on Milne for mine.

Time to get Seaby back in the team.

Don't want Ben McKinley anywhere near the side, he is a hack and his lack of effort and accountability is a huge concern. Get Tom Swift back in for McGinnity and Kerr as well. Sam Butler probably should be dropped, not exactly sure why he is being played, gives us just about nothing.

Naah its a groin injury.
Probably a strain cause he said it was bothering him but not effecting him so I think they just made sure he didnt do any more damage.

If its not torn then I would say a injection and he will play.

Well I am not doubting he has a groin injury(would not be the first time, WCE give a fake injury to a player ;) ) but I have been told that his foot hasn't recovered as it was expected and he has had troubles with it this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back