Changes vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cox is injured and out for the rest of the year, may as well use Seaby and see if we can't get some form and hopefully we can use for a trade at the end of the year and the same applies for Hansen. If Kerr is injured as well may as well give him the rest of the year off as well as we arent going anywhere this year. We could then upgrade a few of th rookies and see if they can offer us anything (Wilson, Stevenson). This is a big year for us with our list and Gold Coast etc, so trading and draft picks are important for us.

In Seaby, S Selwood (if Fit),

Out Cox (injured), McGinnity

Update injury list:

Jamie McNamara (corked thigh) - test
Tim Houlihan (hamstring) - test
Nic Naitanui (glute) – test
Daniel Kerr (abdominal strain) - TBA
Dean Cox (groin) - TBA
Brett Jones (hamstring) - 1 week
Scott Selwood (adductor) 1-2 weeks
Will Schofield (back) - 2 weeks
Adam Hunter (shoulder) - 2-3 weeks
Brent Staker (hand) - 3 weeks
Luke Shuey (leg) - 3-4 weeks
Beau Waters (elbow) - season

scott selwood out for another 1-2 (5 weeks in eagles time)...that sucks.

out: cox, nicoski
in: seaby, swift

That Injury list got pretty big pretty fast. :(

7 games left. Shuey might crack an AFL game in Rnd 22 I think. 2-3 Weeks of WAFL beforehand should set him up. Its not like he would have to worry about being sore the week after.

Shame about S Selwood, Houlihan and Schofield as I think these are some of the guys that need to get games.

Nicoski and Stenglein (it was a poor game but the last previous games he has been alright) probably won't be dropped

With Swift not playing last week, I wonder if he is carrying something.

And if McKinley comes in over Wilson and Wilkes, thats utter bullsh*t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn was targeted by the Saints forward line defensively all day they did not want him punting it 60m to a target in the midfield so bagging him is silly. The more we chop and change our front and back 6 the more our team stays disorganised at times and error prone. But having said that reward from and drop poor performers after several bad performances and replace injured players so:
Out: Cox injured, Hansen, mcginnity
In: Seaby, Naitanui, Wilkes
Hansen and Mcginnity are the two maybes Hansen did well so I only moved him on to give extra depth in the ruck (Seabs, NicNat and Lynch). Wilkes I rewarded form and versatility can contribute either forward or back and unless Swift comes in the only close replacement.

Hurn was targeted by the Saints forward line defensively all day they did not want him punting it 60m to a target in the midfield so bagging him is silly. The more we chop and change our front and back 6 the more our team stays disorganised at times and error prone. But having said that reward from and drop poor performers after several bad performances and replace injured players so:
Out: Cox injured, Hansen, Wilkes
In: Seaby, Naitanui, McGinnity
Hansen and Mcginnity are the two maybes Hansen did well so I only moved him on to give extra depth in the ruck (Seabs, NicNat and Lynch). Wilkes I rewarded form and versatility can contribute either forward or back and unless Swift comes in the only close replacement.

How can McGinnity come in? :p

That just made me think, I'd probably switch McGinnity for Swift.

The story in the West this morning indicated that Seaby was a certainty to come in for Cox.

And if McKinley comes in over Wilson and Wilkes, thats utter bullsh*t.

Wilson isn't able to be picked. He's on the rookie list and there's no long-term injuries which would allow him to be promoted.

In any event none of the tall forwards - Hansen, Kennedy, Brown and Lynch - will be dropped, so its unlikely that McKinley or Wilkes will come in either.

Out: Cox injured, Hansen, mcginnity
In: Seaby, Naitanui, Wilkes

looks good.

Has Hansen the pace to put pressure on Ports smaller backs? It is pretty clear this is a key reason why McKinlay hasent cemented a position. Swift needs game time AFL or WAFL doesnt seem tho make much difference at this stage for him.

Out emac and hurn - gave them the game with turnovers. who else? so we need to stay with them
LeCars should be ok.
Hurn is a gun. Having a great season.
Emac has faded but still deserves the time of day.

To be honest I don't really care about your French car either.

Cox was beaten until injured, looking more like a trade every week. Give Nicnat game time.
Trade Cox? I'd rather trade you.

Nicoski was panced by the smug criminal. Fore once cant we smash an oposition player just as a warning to the others. Swift has looked ok in defence. Give him game time.
Swift in defense? No thanks. Much prefer him in the middle with Houlihan on the HB flank. YES, I WANT TO SEE HOULIHAN IN THIS WEEK!

Out

Cox - injured
Stenglein - pace a problem with Ports runners
McGinnity - had a taste as reward for his hard work in WAFL

In

Swift - should be fresh with short break
Seaby - will play
Wilkes - BOG again last week and must be rewarded

Close but not this week

Naitanui - take no risks
Houlihan - precaution, another WAFL game after injury

yeh i agree, our team isnt already tall enough, we should definately bring in wilkes to stand next to one of those massive port forwards, which are who exactly???

why the f#ck would wilkes come in when there probably isnt even a match up fopr emac and glass???

yeh i agree, our team isnt already tall enough, we should definately bring in wilkes to stand next to one of those massive port forwards, which are who exactly???

why the f#ck would wilkes come in when there probably isnt even a match up fopr emac and glass???

In addition to the fact that Wilkes is bog ordinary at AFL level. I mean the day we pick Wilkes (sans injuries to almost everyone over 190cm in our side) is the day we are officially putting the white flag up.

In addition to the fact that Wilkes is bog ordinary at AFL level. I mean the day we pick Wilkes (sans injuries to almost everyone over 190cm in our side) is the day we are officially putting the white flag up.

people seem to forget that we have to play a team and match up on them week in, week out.
we're already way to tall at the moment but i dont really mind because the development of brown, kennedy, emac and spangher is more important right now, but bringing in wilkes because he's carving wafl is stupid, he wont be around in 2 years so why bother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back