Preview Changes vs Richmond, Round 11, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it only me? McKenzie failed to impress me tonite. Cost us two goals and they only kicked five! May keep his place if Mayes cops some suspension time. Lienert and Lycett are ins and Westy the other out
McKenzie took a couple of great defensive marks.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Mayes has been hung out to dry by the Fox Footy boys club so he's probably at least one change for next week.
He's chosen to bump, late, and cleaned someone up with a shoulder to the head. It was friggin stupid.

Mayes has hung himself out to dry.

Be good to replace a few blokes with experience. Burton, lycett would be a good start.

As much is I love the mitch, I feel he needs to start holding onto a few of those marks. Could get confidence sapping pretty soon.

lol that hit by Mayes was nowhere near what it's being painted as. Holy shit the reaction has been exemplary of why we have a chip on our shoulder about how we get treated like shit.

If he was a ****ing household name it would be "Yeah he got him high but the player was able to continue. A fine"

instead we get "TO THE GALLOWS FARKEN"

Never is there such ****ing horrendous and endless analysis on such a nothing incident except for when a player who isn't a 'star' does it. Then it becomes some ****ing watershed case circus.

lol that hit by Mayes was nowhere near what it's being painted as. Holy sh*t the reaction has been exemplary of why we have a chip on our shoulder about how we get treated like sh*t.

If he was a ******* household name it would be "Yeah he got him high but the player was able to continue. A fine"

instead we get "TO THE GALLOWS FARKEN"

Never is there such ******* horrendous and endless analysis on such a nothing incident except for when a player who isn't a 'star' does it. Then it becomes some ******* watershed case circus.

Meanwhile in comparing the incident Riewoldt says “Hawkins throwing the elbow back wasn’t ever going to cause much damage... but bumping a player can“

Most martial arts outlaw throwing the elbow precisely because of the huge potential to cause damage! Yet the AFL have decided to keep the bump in the game. It is a legitimate move. And the AFL continue to allow all sorts of contact off the ball and not even pay free kicks.

Meanwhile Ebert was taken high and late and had to get bandaged up a few weeks ago. No comment. No report. Totally ignored. In a week where there was a huge focus on the high bump too. The whole industry is a disgrace.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

OUT - Mayes, Westhoff
IN - Ebert, Lycett

See how we go with 2 ruckmen. Ladhams is mobile enough to play fwd

Boaks shoulder seemed sore, hopefully he plays. nearly lock a top 4 spot with a win over richmond.

Anyone know how Bergamn, Mead and Williams have been going in the Trial games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ebert was only missing the one so that’s the obvious in. Lycett back as well makes it interesting for Hoff and Ladhams.

Oh yeah huge talking point in which the player got up immediately and continued the game with no ill effects. Being the Bulldogs the medical report will probably state that his head fell off and had to be reattached

Amyone else worried about how we are gonna fit in Pistol and Slyce?

Feels both play a similar style.

After seeing Pete mark and goal in the third term, as well as his great around the ground work, I am sure they can both play in the same team, most likely at the expense of Westhoff.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ladhams is really skilled. Like really skilled for a bloke his size. Plays like an old fashioned ruck rover. I'd be playing him 2nd ruck/resting forward. Ease Lycett in off the bench. Probably means Westhoff gets a rest. That's okay. Westhoff has been better the last couple of weeks. Georgi is holding his own. We now have tall options which has never been the case in the Hinkley era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Richmond, Round 11, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back