Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure quite what all the hate for Redpath is about.

He was in his 4th game of AFL, just try remember that.

He got into the right positions and got his hands to the ball.

Players generally take 50 games to really start dominating. Redpath can do it sooner but he needs continuity.

If he stuck 75% of the chances he got last night he would have kicked 4 and we would be praising him.

Give him a chance, he'll be fine.

I hope you are right. I don't have "hate" for either Redpath or JJ but i do have concerns.

Redpath - it is only his fourth game so he deserves some slack, but only some. My concern is that he didn't show anything on Saturday night. Young players with ability generally show something - a glimpse here or there, Bonts we know about, T boyd a good mark. all i saw from Redpath was zero ability to take a mark against a depleted WC defence. I just wanted to see something and i didn't. It seems to me it is is size and hope that is getting him selected. I do hope he makes it but he must show something very soon.

JJ - yes he is fast and he does run but if people are down on M boyd for disposal efficency why does JJ get a free pass. Luckily the aim is to kick a goal or hit a teammate because if it was hitting the side of a barn JJ is an epic fail. We need his run but we also need better ball users. I hope he improves and improves quickly

While i am at it - not enough praise is being given to wallis - who made sure the reigning brownlow medalist had an average night at best.

In regards to Redpath, I'd much rather he gets in the position to then drop the marks, than not get in the position at all. Maybe it was the speed of the game, or whatever, but he's clunked them plenty of times in the past. No way he'll be dropped. And he did kick a good goal from a tight angle, so it may be clutching at straws but it's not L. Jones vs Melbourne-esque or anything. And as others have said, it's very easy to forget he's still playing his 4th game of AFL footy.

In regards to Redpath, I'd much rather he gets in the position to then drop the marks, than not get in the position at all. Maybe it was the speed of the game, or whatever, but he's clunked them plenty of times in the past. No way he'll be dropped. And he did kick a good goal from a tight angle, so it may be clutching at straws but it's not L. Jones vs Melbourne-esque or anything. And as others have said, it's very easy to forget he's still playing his 4th game of AFL footy.
Exactly, he was clunking those same marks all preseason. Things just didnt work that well for him last night but he's got plenty to work with.

My impression of Redpath was that it was an intensity issue. That is adjusting to the intensity of that level of football. That's perhaps understandable given his inexperience but you only get so many opportunities to prove you can make the adjustment (certainly he couldn't expect the L Jones number of opportunities, those days are gone). I'd give him another run (perhaps even a few) but would need to see that adjustment/lift in intensity and aggression to persevere beyond that. Perhaps he's not sure himself if he belongs out there but I wouldn't mind him to getting a few more opportunities to prove/confirm it either way.

Absolutely agree , it's only his 4th game . He needs confidence and will get that from continuity in the ones.
He has showed enough preseason and even in the West Coast game to persevere . He will start clunking those marks when he realizes he belongs .

MattDougie, did you watch the game yesterday? What exactly was wrong with Jong's game? He was getting the ball, running clear of them and was hitting targets. He was probably in our top 5 or so players last night. I don't understand how you could think he is deserving of being dropped on that performance.
Don't ..... just .... don't .... prolong this .....

After a good win like that I think there will be minimal changes.

The only change I would suggest would be to bring in Ayce Cordy at the expense of Redpath.

This is not because Redpath deserves to be dropped for a less than stellar performance, but because I think the balance of the forward line is less than optimal when we have Boyd, Redpath, Stringer and Crameri all in there together. Redpath and Boyd are very similar players, but because of Boyd's greater mobility he is currently being displaced a bit to accommodate Redpath.

I also think that Minson needs more support in the ruck and Cordy could help out there, as well as being an extra roaming marking target that might compliment Boyd rather than compete with him.

MattDougie, did you watch the game yesterday? What exactly was wrong with Jong's game? He was getting the ball, running clear of them and was hitting targets. He was probably in our top 5 or so players last night. I don't understand how you could think he is deserving of being dropped on that performance.

Yeah I did and he went ok I admit that but look at his game in depth and with 2 eyes and it was riddled with the things I don't like about him as a player.

Let's also accept that he is completely left alone opposition teams don't waste one second on him and we were playing another bottom 6 team that had plenty out. He made some awful decisions, ran into our own players on 3 different occasions, had 4 clangers and at least another 5 poor disposals that were cleaned up by another player and didn't go down as clangers, did u see the one meter hand ball he made that went straight to the ground when no body was touching him ?

On last nite he prob doesn't deserve but I'm sorry I just don't see the kid making it and don't think we should waste time playing him when he wont make it, harsh I know but that's my opinion and unpopular as it is I won't change until I see these things change and thn I'm more than happy to raise the hand and say "you know what the kid made it". Sorry if I don't feel the urge to let an average footballer take a senior spot coz he is exciting but can't play footy

So people can call me miserable, troll and so on coz I simply don't care what others think and never will I have no time for do gooders that are too weak to make opinions of there own.

That's my last word on Jong I know everyone is over it

Now for realistic changes I see

Goodes out Stevens in

BP=WAP

Often disagree with your posts Hrovat24 but happy to read a different opinion, not the same diatribe posted ad nueseum so call it stupid if you like, I find it actually makes the threads and discussions interesting and only ignore 2 posters, 1 of which at times can add value
I'm straight to the point and don't mess around and a lot of guys on here won't like that and I do understand , also I'm not the best at expressing what I say on the Internet and I think if I was to say it in person I wouldn't be so misunderstood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously people, stop talking about MD. It's so damn tiresome. Focus on the game.
When he is able to give justifications and reasons for what he believes, it still carries some value and is thus relevant to this topic. I, along with most others may not agree with many of his statements, but I am interested in understanding why he thinks that way.

When he is able to give justifications and reasons for what he believes, it still carries some value and is thus relevant to this topic. I, along with most others may not agree with many of his statements, but I am interested in understanding why he thinks that way.
I'm referring to posts such as "lolz, people don't have MD on ignore?".

I hope I answered your question and I shall end my Jong chat there :)

WBvRICH

FB: NO CHANGE NO CHANGE NO CHANGE
HB: NO CHANGE NO CHANGE NO CHANGE
C: JGRANT NO CHANGE NO CHANGE
HF: NO CHANGE NO CHANGE NO CHANGE
FF: NO CHANGE NO CHANGE NO CHANGE
R: NO CHANGE NO CHANGE NO CHANGE
INT: NO CHANGE NO CHANGE NO CHANGE
SUB HONEYCHURCH

Pretty much my thoughts.

Honey will do well as a sub - he's really suited to the role of coming in late in the game and busting his gut whereas Grant can give us that composure and class consistently throughout a game.

After a good win like that I think there will be minimal changes.

The only change I would suggest would be to bring in Ayce Cordy at the expense of Redpath.

This is not because Redpath deserves to be dropped for a less than stellar performance, but because I think the balance of the forward line is less than optimal when we have Boyd, Redpath, Stringer and Crameri all in there together. Redpath and Boyd are very similar players, but because of Boyd's greater mobility he is currently being displaced a bit to accommodate Redpath.

I also think that Minson needs more support in the ruck and Cordy could help out there, as well as being an extra roaming marking target that might compliment Boyd rather than compete with him.
Interesting observations, the main one I agree with is Ruck support. Boyd just has to be played to learn, on,y rested when needed. His ability is clear just needs a little time. Crameri coming in means a choice between Redpath and Cordy. This will be the case all years. Therefore, I would give Redpath a couple more games and if he does not step up Cordy gets the opportunity and this goes through the year. At the end of the year we will know who to persist with

Not sure quite what all the hate for Redpath is about.

He was in his 4th game of AFL, just try remember that.

He got into the right positions and got his hands to the ball.

Players generally take 50 games to really start dominating. Redpath can do it sooner but he needs continuity.

If he stuck 75% of the chances he got last night he would have kicked 4 and we would be praising him.

Give him a chance, he'll be fine.

Make all the excuses for Redpath you like but he was horrid last night. The pud he dropped that JJ crumbed for a goal is simply not acceptable from an AFL footballer.

I'd give him another chance but I want to see him leading at the ball carrier.

Make all the excuses for Redpath you like but he was horrid last night. The pud he dropped that JJ crumbed for a goal is simply not acceptable from an AFL footballer.

I'd give him another chance but I want to see him leading at the ball carrier.

Even 100-200 game full forwards have games where they drop marks (see Travis cloke).

He is getting to the right spots and we know he is able. He is a very accurate kick so only needs a few chances to make a significant impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even 100-200 game full forwards have games where they drop marks (see Travis cloke).

He is getting to the right spots and we know he is able. He is a very accurate kick so only needs a few chances to make a significant impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not being a smart arse, but at what point does Redpath need to perform? How many games does he get to show at least something? And no 'something' isn't to get in position and drop marks, and have your man zone off you and destroy the other key forward.

At this stage on exposed form, I see a bloke who tries but isn't fast, isn't a good lateral mover, isn't good on the ground, isn't able to ruck or provide forward pressure, and isn't clunking his marks at AFL level. Apart from being a good kick, a reportedly good attitude and some aggression, he seems quite limited in what he offers from what I've seen so far.

Not being a smart arse, but at what point does Redpath need to perform? How many games does he get to show at least something? And no it isn't enough to get in position and drop marks, and have your man zone off you and destroy the other key forward.

At this stage on exposed form, I see a bloke who tries but isn't fast, isn't a good lateral mover, isn't good on the ground, isn't able to ruck or provide forward pressure, and isn't clunking his marks at AFL level. Apart from being a good kick, a reportedly good attitude and some aggression, he seems quite limited in what he offers from what I've seen so far.

We need to give him 6 - 8 games straight up then we can readjust if hes not up to it. I'm sure he will bounce back this week against the Tigers. Remember we have only played 1 game.

We need to give him 6 - 8 games straight up then we can readjust if hes not up to it. I'm sure he will bounce back this week against the Tigers. Remember we have only played 1 game.

Okay 6-8 games and say 4-5 marks and 1-2 goals a game?.

Richmond will test him, especially if Rance plays on him and zones off him to destroy Boyd, like McGovern did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back