Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Redpath showed plenty in my opinion.

More than what Jones usually did

Can't say I agree, Redpath on Sat night was at Jones' level at his worst, 4 kicks (one a free), 1 mark, 1 handball plus a number of missed marks and McGovern destruction. Only bloke in the starting 21 to not lay a tackle.

Okay 6-8 games and say 4-5 marks and 1-2 goals a game?.

Richmond will test him, especially if Rance plays on him and zones off him to destroy Boyd, like McGovern did.

By round 8 if hes on 12 goals + takes 5 - 7 marks a game then he becomes a best 22 lock.

If Richmond are smart then Rance should be going to Stringer. You want your most athletic and best KPD on our best KPF and Stringer will slaughter Astbury/Chaplin with his pace and strength. I'd say Redpath should get the third tall defender this week and he needs to mark much better (which I think he can) than he did to remain in the side in the long term.

Pace is overated as KPF, Hawkins might just be the slowest player in the AFL but he uses his strength to create seperation from defenders not to mention he just clunks everything. Keep taking marks and then you don't really have to worry about forward pressure.

Honeychurch's Forward Pressure up forward is invaluable. He is playing the role up forward and in the midfield that Dal did so that Dal can be a full time Mid. He may not be the most skilled bloke on the list but pressure is first class

By round 8 if hes on 12 goals + takes 5 - 7 marks a game then he becomes a best 22 lock.

If Richmond are smart then Rance should be going to Stringer. You want your most athletic and best KPD on our best KPF and Stringer will slaughter Astbury/Chaplin with his pace and strength. I'd say Redpath should get the third tall defender this week and he needs to mark much better (which I think he can) than he did to remain in the side in the long term.

Pace is overated as KPF, Hawkins might just be the slowest player in the AFL but he uses his strength to create seperation from defenders not to mention he just clunks everything. Keep taking marks and then you don't really have to worry about forward pressure.

Cool happy with those 'KPIs'...

Hawkins doesn't need speed he is a beast, Redpath is a tiny man in comparison, I just don't see Redpath excelling at anything maybe except his straight kicking. But hey I admit its early days, and am happy to see what he's got.

Interesting what the Tiges do, I'd put Rance on Redpath and let him zone off to help out against Boyd and Stringer. Grimes is tall and fast and could take Stringer, leaving Chaplin/Astbury on Boyd.

So people can call me miserable, troll and so on coz I simply don't care what others think and never will I have no time for do gooders that are too weak to make opinions of there own.

That's my last word on Jong I know everyone is over it

Now for realistic changes I see

Goodes out Stevens in

BP=WAP

I have no real issue with your posting MD and this is actually the first time I have ever replied to anything you've written... but I'm interested in your assumption that people who have a differing opinion than you are "do gooders that are too weak to make opinions of their own." Plenty of strong assertive posters on our board mate. They intimidate the shit out of me to be honest which is why I hide in The Bay all the time, but to suggest that we have "weak do gooders" on the Doggies board is ridiculous.

My two cents.... Jong was very good. Hard nut with pace. Keeps his spot. Agree with you about Stevens for Goodes. Would like to see big Ayce get a crack. Thought his NAB form was very encouraging. Do Richmond go with the one ruck in Maric? If so maybe Jack Redpath gets a reprieve, but I'd like to see Cordy get a look-in during the early rounds.

Matchups wise, I'm sending Picken to Ellis. He creates all their run, we need to stop him.

Picken on Ellis
Wallis on Cotchin
Wood on Martin (I'm even backing Wood to go into the midfield with him)

and I'd expect them to tag Macrae, he killed them last time.

Actually Moyd on Martin would be pretty interesting.. then leaves wood to just stand infront of Reiwoldt.

On LJong:

I WAS SKEPTICAL FOR A LONG TIME
I WAS SIMPLY WRONG
BUT I HAD MANY MATES ON THIS ONE

MD WE SEE EYE TO EYE ON A HELL OF A LOT OF THINGS
BUT ABOUT THIS STAND DOWN BRO - THE KID IS AN ASSET IN THIS TEAM
FROM THE BODY LANGUAGE AROUND HIM I SAW
HIS TEAMMATES RATE HIM - TRUST HIM, GO TO HIM
AND THE NUMBERS SUPPORT HIS PLACE IN THE TEAM

I LIKE LJONG

I have no real issue with your posting MD and this is actually the first time I have ever replied to anything you've written... but I'm interested in your assumption that people who have a differing opinion than you are "do gooders that are too weak to make opinions of their own." Plenty of strong assertive posters on our board mate. They intimidate the shit out of me to be honest which is why I hide in The Bay all the time, but to suggest that we have "weak do gooders" on the Doggies board is ridiculous.

My two cents.... Jong was very good. Hard nut with pace. Keeps his spot. Agree with you about Stevens for Goodes. Would like to see big Ayce get a crack. Thought his NAB form was very encouraging. Do Richmond go with the one ruck in Maric? If so maybe Jack Redpath gets a reprieve, but I'd like to see Cordy get a look-in during the early rounds.

I was only referring to a selected few( BP and co) mate and all they do is push the like button and insult anyone they disagree with, they add not a single thing to the forum good or bad but are happy to abuse all and sundry that gave a differing opinion

Redpath has to stay in the team, he had a poor day with his hands but got to plenty of contests and takes some pressure off Boyd.

If he had actually held his marks we would have kicked a bag.

I won't comment on Jong

I think they will possibly bring in Vickery so maybe we could even swap Hoofes for Cordy??

Rance will most likely play on Redpath and zone off as he likes
Astbury should get Boyd (Astbury is actually a very good defener that was leading our b/f after 10 rounds) until he got injured last year
Grimes will probably get Stringer as he is the same height/weight/speed as stringer
Batchelor might get to crameri which is also like for like
Chaplin will just be loose and intercept balls
Vlastuin usually gets a small like Dahl
Houli will be running off and distributing ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On LJong:

I WAS SKEPTICAL FOR A LONG TIME
I WAS SIMPLY WRONG
BUT I HAD MANY MATES ON THIS ONE

MD WE SEE EYE TO EYE ON A HELL OF A LOT OF THINGS
BUT ABOUT THIS STAND DOWN BRO - THE KID IS AN ASSET IN THIS TEAM
FROM THE BODY LANGUAGE AROUND HIM I SAW
HIS TEAMMATES RATE HIM - TRUST HIM, GO TO HIM
AND THE NUMBERS SUPPORT HIS PLACE IN THE TEAM

I LIKE LJONG

Good post AT , no big deal to be wrong , we have all been many times.
But those that watched a lot of training and saw Jong in a Vfl games had an advantage other the rest of the posters here.he improved every game I saw , so where he is right now is no surprise to me.
Still a long way to go for him , but we should be celebrating what he brings.

Good post AT , no big deal to be wrong , we have all been many times.
But those that watched a lot of training and saw Jong in a Vfl games had an advantage other the rest of the posters here.he improved every game I saw , so where he is right now is no surprise to me.
Still a long way to go for him , but we should be celebrating what he brings.
Loved his game sat night , will admit I wasn't sure if jong had it or not , still has a few areas to improve but love his speed out of the Middle breaking open packs

Loved his game sat night , will admit I wasn't sure if jong had it or not , still has a few areas to improve but love his speed out of the Middle breaking open packs

Pack busting, line breaking speed is needed, especially with Cooney and Griffen gone. Jong's composure and disposal are concerns, just have to hope he keeps improving. And without sounding sour, Griffen's disposal and composure weren't top notch.

Pack busting, line breaking speed is needed, especially with Cooney and Griffen gone. Jong's composure and disposal are concerns, just have to hope he keeps improving. And without sounding sour, Griffen's disposal and composure weren't top notch.
I agree with everything you have said there

Can't say I agree, Redpath on Sat night was at Jones' level at his worst, 4 kicks (one a free), 1 mark, 1 handball plus a number of missed marks and McGovern destruction. Only bloke in the starting 21 to not lay a tackle.
Jones' worst was one ineffective touch in three quarters against Melbourne in round 15 last year so this statement is nonsense.

Jones' worst was one ineffective touch in three quarters against Melbourne in round 15 last year so this statement is nonsense.

I was at that game, and Jones was worse.....but only 3 possessions worse....so I call that at Jones like level....you can call it what you like.

Won't matter what changes we make, according to the Richmond board we can't possibly get within 8 goals of them because they have at least 30 A+ graders on their list. So write this one off ladies and gents and we may as well move on to a more realistic challenge of beating the Hawks the week after! :p

Oh and surprise surprise they are still going on about the NAB challenge game!

I was at that game, and Jones was worse.....but only 3 possessions worse....so I call that at Jones like level....you can call it what you like.
Yeah, why would someone consider the number of goals a forward got, it's the possessions which are important.
I'm guessing from your response that you didn't see either game since Jones was only close to the ball once in the game and never worked at all while Redpath was always around the right place to get the ball and worked hard regardless of whether he was doing well.
Redpath's game on the weekend was far closer to Jones' best than his worst and that's not a compliment to Redpath.

Yeah, why would someone consider the number of goals a forward got, it's the possessions which are important.
I'm guessing from your response that you didn't see either game since Jones was only close to the ball once in the game and never worked at all while Redpath was always around the right place to get the ball and worked hard regardless of whether he was doing well.
Redpath's game on the weekend was far closer to Jones' best than his worst and that's not a compliment to Redpath.

yeah okay mate I saw both games, the main difference between Jones and Redpath games was that on Jones shit days he ran under the ball and didn't get his hands to it, at least Redpath got his hands to the ball....

However you are talking absolute shit if you think Redpath's game was close to Jones best, just go back to the Collingwood game 2 games prior to the Melbourne game, he destroyed them. 13 kicks, 6 tackles, 4 goals, 5 marks, FFS.

interesting thoughts on Lin Jong on either side. He looks a nice pickup at his price given his SuperCoach showing. nice 97 at only 200,000 odd.

Looking forward to this weekend. Should be a great contest.

Your odds of 2.85 are ludicrous. I guess they are taking into account the MCG factor.

Vickery is definitely out through injury.

interesting thoughts on Lin Jong on either side. He looks a nice pickup at his price given his SuperCoach showing. nice 97 at only 200,000 odd.

Looking forward to this weekend. Should be a great contest.

Your odds of 2.85 are ludicrous. I guess they are taking into account the MCG factor.

Vickery is definitely out through injury.

I agree, 2.20 about right.

Can't see Houli getting a free run at it like last week. No likely Lids either.

But many posters on your board seem to think a 30-60 point win to the Tiges is par...must be a lot of those guys having a punt. You'd think they would have learnt from last year. Wouldn't want to be a Tiges membership card if you drop this game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back