Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought you were better than that. Reactionary dropping of a kid for a mid-aged plodder.

Can we just leave Edward in the VFL where he belongs?

Not easy for the match committee to ignore strong marking and a bag of goals when we have a forward line that lacks a bit of presence.

Lower was good on sunday, my only out would be Warren, guy is too slow, and plays like an individual, doesn't share it much in the forward 50.

I'd be inclined to also leave Ziebell out this week. He contributed nothing against Geelong.

Not easy for the match committee to ignore strong marking and a bag of goals when we have a forward line that lacks a bit of presence.
Its very easy to ignore someone so often dropped from the senior side and demonstrating he's not up to AFL level. Enough chances for him.

What about Gav's game on Saturday made you think that?

15 possessions as a midfielder in the best VFL team in a comfortable win. He was better than Marcus White and Warren Benjamin, but all of our other players in that game contributed more. So on that basis, I'd rather have Luke Delaney or Josh Smith running around in the midfield against the Swans.

15 possessions as a midfielder in the best VFL team in a comfortable win. He was better than Marcus White and Warren Benjamin, but all of our other players in that game contributed more. So on that basis, I'd rather have Luke Delaney or Josh Smith running around in the midfield against the Swans.
You'd rather have Josh Smiths running around your backyard in his footy shorts.

Its very easy to ignore someone so often dropped from the senior side and demonstrating he's not up to AFL level. Enough chances for him.

If you keep putting your hand up, you keep getting a chance. Had been playing well this year, dropped on the back of the Freo game, which realistically could have been quite a few players in the same boat. Got injured, and has now raised his hand again. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't reward effort and good form in this instance.

If you keep putting your hand up, you keep getting a chance. Had been playing well this year, dropped on the back of the Freo game, which realistically could have been quite a few players in the same boat. Got injured, and has now raised his hand again. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't reward effort and good form in this instance.
He's had 2 good games in the VFL. Jones has had about 12. Azza is gently tapping on the door, he sure ain't banging it down. Keep working at it Aaron and you might just get a 37th chance, young man :thumbsu:

He's had 2 good games in the VFL. Jones has had about 12. Azza is gently tapping on the door, he sure ain't banging it down. Keep working at it Aaron and you might just get a 37th chance, young man :thumbsu:

He has delivered more than Urquart, by a comfortable margin.

He also leads Warren in virtually every statistic in the book as well.

He's 26, and therefore, not "old".

Am I the only person who wants to see Corey Jones come in for Round 22 against Melbourne and rip the living shit out of them and then retire?

I'd have him in the side now, but he would have to be a monty for round 22.

If he doesn't play, then the club will be getting some very, very dirty letters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be disappointed if Edwards wasn't given a crack. i have serious doubts he has long-term potential, but he performed on the weekend in the VFL and we didn't have a whole lot working on the forward line.

I think as part of our development we really need to give guys who perform in the VFL a go, especially when we lose. It sends the message that if you bust your buns in the VFL you will be given a shot.

Going on this reasoning Jones deserves a go long before edwards. CJ has been bog for the last 3 or 4 weeks

He has delivered more than Urquart, by a comfortable margin.

He also leads Warren in virtually every statistic in the book as well.

He's 26, and therefore, not "old".

There is a lot of players in the VFL who have delivered more than Urquhart.

Gav's kicking is overated as well. Yes he can kick it 60, but has no precision in his kicking at all. Just grab it and kick it as far as you can is Gav's only trick.

Also for a 4th year player Gav is absolutely terrible at reading the play. Often gets caught in between play and never seems to be in the right position to impact a contest.

I want to see guys like McMillan and Speight get a crack before Urquhart.

Im more concerned about our midfield. The swans are at their best when their mids are packing in tight. We need to look at who can come in and fill the gaps left by JZ and LA.

FWIW CJ goes ok when he is holding his marks but isnt accountable enough when his opponent has it, and if he played his opponent would be either a Mattner or Shaw who would kill us if they got space.

I think our best chance will be to play Lachie out of the square and surround him with guys like LT and Flash who can put pressure on the ball coming out of their defence. I would probably send Boomer up forward as Bevan or Jack will get him and they need to be exposed in space.

We will need Narni back to go with Goodes who has been poor of late and is due for a big one.

Levi will probably get Okeefe who is always damaging against us.

Spud onto Bolton and Rawlings onto Kirk.

I'd be more inclined to put Spud on O'Keefe, Swallow go head to head with Kirk and Levi on McVeigh.

Just read on the Swanys board Bradshaw and Playfair are out.
Need Grima to come back in anyone no why he didnt play last week?
hes so important to our defence should get the job on Goodes if hes back
Imo changes as follow
Out Zeibs
In Jones Edwards O'keefe Hale all on extended bench as the game is on Sunday

In: Petrie, Grima.

Out: Warren, Ziebell.

Petrie CHF, Grima to defence, Wright to the forward line.

I think we should look at grooming Milky as a running half back.

sross has claimed Grima might be missing again, and upon reflection I think this is a good week to rest a couple of kids and bring in some bigger bodies for such a crucial clash.

In: Petrie, Edwards, Harding, Smith

Out: Ziebell, Warren, Cunnington, Wright

If McMahon is still carrying an injury I want him rested also.

Backs: Rawlings, Smith, Pratt

H/Backs: Firrito, Petrie, Thompson

Centres:
Garlett, Swallow, Wells

H/Forwards: Harvey, Hansen, Adams

Forwards: Thomas, Edwards, Campbell

Rucks: Goldstein, Greenwood, Bastinac

Int: McIntosh, Lower, McMahon, Harding

- Smith gets White

- Petrie gets Goodes all day.

- Hunter and Spud to rotate following O'Keefe up the ground.

- Goldy and Hamish to rotate through the forward line and work Mumford over like there's no tomorrow.

- Levi to sit on McVeigh.

- Azza to play from the square.

- Lachie to run up and down the ground.

This week is payback time for the 2008 Elimination Final.:thumbsu:

why does everyone want petrie in his first game back playing on a running machine in goodes????? why not save him the interstate trip and bring him back against richmond

hale or smith or edwards in and hansen to the backline. personally id start hansen on goodes. he has a bit of confidence up and has spent time as a chf so he will have a better idea of what/where goodes is trying to do. obviously rotate thompson on him or firrito to take him if he goes further up the ground/on the ball.

id like to see rawlings or greenwood go with o'keefe

sross has claimed Grima might be missing again, and upon reflection I think this is a good week to rest a couple of kids and bring in some bigger bodies for such a crucial clash.

In: Petrie, Edwards, Harding, Smith

Out: Ziebell, Warren, Cunnington, Wright

If McMahon is still carrying an injury I want him rested also.

Backs: Rawlings, Smith, Pratt

H/Backs: Firrito, Petrie, Thompson

Centres: Garlett, Swallow, Wells

H/Forwards: Harvey, Hansen, Adams

Forwards: Thomas, Edwards, Campbell

Rucks: Goldstein, Greenwood, Bastinac

Int: McIntosh, Lower, McMahon, Harding

- Smith gets White

- Petrie gets Goodes all day.

- Hunter and Spud to rotate following O'Keefe up the ground.

- Goldy and Hamish to rotate through the forward line and work Mumford over like there's no tomorrow.

- Levi to sit on McVeigh.

- Azza to play from the square.

- Lachie to run up and down the ground.

This week is payback time for the 2008 Elimination Final.:thumbsu:

Think this maybe a big ask, considering he has played one game in 14 weeks. I know Goody's form has been down, but he is match fit and Petrie is not.

why does everyone want petrie in his first game back playing on a running machine in goodes?????

Goodes is not a running machine any longer and he plays predominately in the forward line. The bloke is 30, and he's starting to show it. Drew can keep him to 2 goals, no worries.

Putting Hansen in the backline is conceding a potential 5 goals anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back