Changes vs The Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes: Redpath (Cordy), Bontempelli (Stevens), Hamling (Morris), MBoyd (Wallis) Dale (Honeychurch)*

*Assuming Mitch is injured/not 100%

I'd assume that Picken would move to replace the tagging portion of Wallis' recent work. If not, I'm not sure why Picken is there as he's been ineffective to date.

Out: Wallis (inj), Morris (inj), Stevens, Goodes
In: Prudden, Hamling, Bonti, Moyd

Cordy gets one last chance at structure - purely as Campbell, Redpath aren't knocking down the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B- Hamling (in) Redpath (in) Picken
HB- Murphy Talia Webb
C- Macrae Bontempelli (in) Johannisen
HF- Crameri Roughead Stringer
F- Dickson T.Boyd Hunter (in)

R- Minson
RR- Jong
Ro- Dahlhaus
IC- Grant, Stevens, Hrovat.
Sub- Dale (in)
* not sure on M.Boyd fitness,in if fit.

Surprised by the love for Grant. Every time it was his turn to go, or to make a contest his - he flinched and we lost possession.

I agree - he was also very scrappy in possession, spooked that he had to make a decision without much time to consider his options. Maybe today was a bad day to assess players given the circumstances, but then again we want to see who can really make good decisions and execute well more often than not when under pressure.

Given Bevo said Wallis and Morris would miss next week and likely be out for some time they will be out, Cordy to be banished for good, Goodes no impact as sub last week, 3 quarters today for no impact great vfl player not up to afl. Assume honey will be right as finished the game.

Out: Morris (Inj) Wallis (Inj) Cordy Goodes
In: Wood/Hamling (dependent on Inj) Bonts Boyd Redpath

On Shaky ground:
Grant: needs to be harder at it and have more impact
Hrvoat: Hopefully was just first game back gitters was average
Stevens: Was perfect chance to step up and didn't

Don't need the second ruck this week so went with Redpath and also think T Boyd plays better when pinch hitting in the ruck.

B: Wood/Hamling Roughead M Boyd
HB: Murphy Talia Webb
C: Macrae Bonts JJ
HF: Crameri Redpath Hrovat
F: Stringer T Boyd Dickson
Foll: Minson Jong Dahl
Int: Grant Stevens Picken Sub: Honeychurch

None of Redpath, Campbell or Roberts knocked down the door yesterday, we have a problem. Assuming team match ups call for a tall next we I would roll the dice one more time with Cordy.

None of Redpath, Campbell or Roberts knocked down the door yesterday, we have a problem. Assuming team match ups call for a tall next we I would roll the dice one more time with Cordy.

2 weeks in a row with 2 disposals? 0 marks this week, I was at the game today Cordy gives nothing at all stands and wants the ball bombed to him even up the ground and if they do he gives nothing gets out marked or watches it be ran away, Repdath offered more round one deserves another crack out of Campbell Cordy and Redpath Cordy has been in the system longer i would guess almost twice as long and gives nothing time to give opportunities to others Cordy simply is a liability on the field at AFL level

Bev has said he will build a game plan around his personnel. We need to get roughead into the supporting ruck role and bring someone in to roll back and cover down back during this time. If we're getting smashed out of the middle roughead won't be able to do much down back anyway. This means toyd stays forward too.

Just dont get the calls for Grant to be dropped, his game today was better than last weeks by a long way, and dont forget that he is a forward, that is playing midfield/wing now and still learning how to play the position.
Goodes on the other hand has just about done his dash.
Was at the game Grant definitely got more of the ball but his decision making was horrible at times. He'll do one thing to get you excited then butcher the ball the next time he gets it. Dropped a few marks that just needed to be held too.

Who's going to play wallis'srole

Ayce?! :p

Cordy is often described as a midfielder in a giraffe's body. Adelaide aren't much chop, surely we can play Ayce as a midfielder? :drunk:

(Sorry cleveland, yours was the first post I saw that presented an opportunity to talk him up as a midfielder, not directly a response to you.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs are the same as last week - Cordy and Goodes. With injuries add Morris and Wallis.

Ins - Hamling a natural replacement for Moz, Bont if fit and to rest fwd when Boyd rucks instead of Cordy, Hunter deserves a chance, Moyd if fit (I'd love Clay Smith in if he's ready looked a class above in the VFL).

If Honey doesn't come up, then its starts getting thin on the ground. Be nice if Wood was fit.

Roberts and Redpath named in bests so I guess if we want to maintain 'structure' then one of them might come in for Cordy, bit meh on who plays out of Cordy, Roberts and Redpath really, none seem AFL standard to me.

Hrovat, Picken, Grant and Stevens need to show more.

Last edited:
How long is Wallis out for? He's been so good at taking over from Libba so far this year. Looked like just a corkie but must be worse than that if Bevo said it was't a minor injury?

How long is Wallis out for? He's been so good at taking over from Libba so far this year. Looked like just a corkie but must be worse than that if Bevo said it was't a minor injury?
Looked like a back injury on the telly. Wal couldn't bend down to pick his clothes up from inside his locker - had to get a staff member to help him

Looked like a back injury on the telly. Wal couldn't bend down to pick his clothes up from inside his locker - had to get a staff member to help him
Gee doesn't sound too good! Wondering what sort of injury it could be though, backs can be real trouble, but they're not usually from an impact like a joint can be in my knowledge? Hopefully it's not more than a couple of weeks.

Despite Goodes' average game, I still think we need to put him into the middle full time as an extractor. He really is a one trick pony and that trick is in and under. We really don't have a replacement with Wallis going down.

For me, its:
Out: Morris, Wallis, Cordy, Stevens, Grant.
In: Hamling, M.Boyd, Roberts, Hunter, Bont.

Roberts to play a bit up forward and down back. Goodes 100% inside mid time, Boyd mostly down back.

Ayce Cordy gives us absolutely nothing that an inanimate carbon rod couldn't provide. For some unknown reason there are some around here who think he should get a third consecutive game? :confused:

Round 2 (53% time on ground, red vest):
0 kicks, 2 handballs, 0 marks, 3 clangers, 4 hitouts, 3 frees against, 1 tackle

Round 3 (90% time on ground):
0 kicks, 2 handballs, 0 marks, 2 clangers, 6 hitouts, 1 free against, 1 tackle

At least Christian Howard managed to get a kick in each of his last two games for the club. Time to stamp Ayce's papers as never to play AFL again and move him on.

Despite Goodes' average game, I still think we need to put him into the middle full time as an extractor. He really is a one trick pony and that trick is in and under. We really don't have a replacement with Wallis going down.

For me, its:
Out: Morris, Wallis, Cordy, Stevens, Grant.
In: Hamling, M.Boyd, Roberts, Hunter, Bont.

Roberts to play a bit up forward and down back. Goodes 100% inside mid time, Boyd mostly down back.

matty boyd will need an exeptional recovery to get up for this week - the league average for calf strains is about 3 weeks, which casts doubt on the bont as well. i agree that with goodes out we may be to light on in the inside roles. honeychurch would also be suspect to come up for mine.

out - cordy, wallis (inj), morris (inj), honeychurch (inj)
in - redpath, prudden or bont, hamling, hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back