List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a few things went right and we managed this with Hewett at 20 it would be a full on Randy Marsh moment. I'm also fully expecting a few clubs to strategically tank next year in the pursuit of Reid so would allow us comfort in taking Curtin early on after prioritising mids this year.
You are expecting teams to write off an entire season because they are chasing one 16 year old kid? Bit of a stretch mate.
Sure if it is the last 3 rounds and there are a few teams vying for the spoon(we are likely one of them) then perhaps they get strategic but thinking of tanking the year before? I don't think so.

You are expecting teams to write off an entire season because they are chasing one 16 year old kid? Bit of a stretch mate.
Sure if it is the last 3 rounds and there are a few teams vying for the spoon(we are likely one of them) then perhaps they get strategic but thinking of tanking the year before? I don't think so.
Agree to disagree.

I think as the perception of the integrity of the draft declines you’ll see clubs doing more and more things to try and secure talent, particularly when it’s projecting as elite. Especially if they’re already likely to finish in the bottom four group.

He confirmed a lot of chat inside AFL circles about all the top rated Vic Metro boys wanting nothing to do with moving away from Melbourne, all interstate teams seriously considering avoiding them.
If this is even remotely true (which I sincerely hope it is just conjecture) it basically spells the death of a national competition in the future.
There's no way that interstate teams can be competitive when the best talents are actively trying to avoid being selected by them en masse.

Agree to disagree.

I think as the perception of the integrity of the draft declines you’ll see clubs doing more and more things to try and secure talent, particularly when it’s projecting as elite. Especially if they’re already likely to finish in the bottom four group.
How'd that work out for Melbourne and Carlton?

View attachment 1532654

Reweh Ginley? Rellen Gintey?

005e40573d70dd03ba221b615ba71932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There something about Ginbey that reminds me of Clayton Oliver

1665571749149.png 1665571733140.png

It's his body. He seems deceptively flabby. That's the reason why I'm really into him now

Attachments

• 1665571745965.png
    1665571745965.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 48
I'm not keen on anything other than mids with those first two picks.

Isn't next year a bumper year for talls?
My thinking is this - we’re 5-8 years away from challenging.
We have the time to develop talls and have them in peak age bracket by that window

Mids start to flower way sooner.
“Yeah but we have Gov”
Who is 31
Busslinger is 17. In 8 years he’s 25. = peak.

Perfect time - especially as we don’t need him next season. He’s a bit light now - get him on the Lynch & Hurn school of dem gainz and we’ll be fine

Agree to disagree.

Agreed that it’s always in play for some teams, but it’s a pretty suspect approach. Set your whole program in reverse for a year to pick up a generational kid, who just goes and gets glandular fever or breaks his leg and you’re too far gone to save your competitive season.

Not for me, not this far out. Mess around with your lineups in the final month of the season, go for your life, but not ahead of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back