coburg vs werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think that White has taken his place, White has been one of the most improved this year and has real pace which is something Howat lacks.

totally....also shouldn't forgot that white actually plays in and under and tries to do the physical stuff and tackle hard.....something howat can never do..

Posted on PRE by Daigoro. Hopefully he doesn't mind, just thought that it was the only decent write up off all players I'd seen. Interesting read.

Collard - wow. This bloke can seriously play. Classic aboriginal type, quick, classy, etc, but he is very strong as well. Played really well - in close, outside, marking, finishing, crumbing. Needs to get a lot fitter of course, but I saw him in the flesh in February this year and he has trimmed down considerably since then so they are doing something right with him. Absolutely, definitely an AFL talent (and a good one), it is up to the club to develop him.

Collins - solid game didn't dominate, but good contributor. Worth a game next week. Solid, well rounded player with good kicking skills much like the army of nameless midfielders that put us to the sword yesterday (only he needs to put weight on). Definite AFL talent.

Morton - excellent game and should be back in the ones. Absolutely elite kicking. Needs to improve his fitness/work rate to make the most of his talents. Definite AFL talent.

Riewoldt - great game, should never have been dropped. Good contested marks and when the ball htis the ground, he stays in it. As he gets fitter and stronger with more pre-seasons will really become a good AFL KPP player.

Hughes - kicked a few, but is too one dimensional for me. Lead-mark-kick. He is a one trick pony (it's a good trick though). No good on the ground and doesn't take contested marks. I am unsure on his AFL potential, but he is worth persisting with at this stage.

JON - great game. Two poor turnovers greatly outweighed by many confident/creative/courageous involvements. Has turned it around a huge deal since early this year when he was a blithering mess. Should get a call up next week. Potential AFL talent (not definite) and worth persisting with.

Rance - excellent game showing dash and great second efforts, tackling. Great intensity all the time. Good decision making and handball. Excellent aerial defending in the first half but had a couple of marks taken on him second half. Kicking generally good, but things do sometimes go wobbly under pressure or when he is running full ball which is a concern. May not be ready but they may give him a call up. Definite AFL talent.

Connors - so talented but so unfit. He seems less fit than he was at the start of the year which is a concern. Talent-wise he is second only to Cotch in my opinion. He could be anything, but the challenge is there for the club to get it out of him.

Polo - excellent game. Not at full fitness yet but he is tough and clean, good defensively and a good decision maker especially by hand. Kicking lacks penetration, but generally he knows his limitations and hits the target. Should come into the side. Potential AFL talent.

Graham, Jackson both played well but are not up to it I don't reckon. They may give Graham a go at some stage, but a guy that unco-looking is unlikely to make it. Howat played well but surely we are passed that.

Burgers dominated and should have won by lots more. On the whole I left feeling that the recruiters have recently done thier job OK and it is really up to the club to get the best out of these guys.

I was at the game - got there just before quarter time so missed the avalanche that won the game for us.

Here are my thoughts.

Murray Rance's son - very impressive, was even shouting out instructions and telling players to "fill the hole" and where to make position. He has a brain and not scared to tell other players what to do. His marking was great and his second efforts fantastic - people we have a good one here.

Cam Howat - I thought he played a geeat game and was close to BOG. Played the perfect link man game. If that is what we need i am not sure but another game like that and he must be pushing for a recall.

Clayton Collard - The X factor is what this kid is all about, just on todays game alone he has gone past Edwards in my opinion. The leap in the last quarter was just breathtaking - he did not take the mark. We were all told he can play just needs to get his head right. Get his head right and we have a Dale Thomas on our hands.

JON - I thought he played a very good game. He slipped tackles which tells us he has put some muscle in and his ball use good. Must be close.

Jack - As mentioned i did not see almost all the first q which we kicked 7.6 with the wind but i thought he did not do enough to get a recall. If we were not in such a desperate way he definetly would need to play at least one more for the burgers. In my opinion did not do enough on that game to get agame.

Cleve -Took some good marks in the last quarter (and i did not see the first). same as jack as far as a recall is concerned in my opinion.

Collins - Smooth as silk , everything he did was polished. i am sure he will come in this week.

Connors -Flashed in and out of the play. played a typical game as we would expect from him. Did a lot of good things but not solid enough.

Polo - ran all day and played a good game. Just did not do enough to dominate which he should at this level.

Gourdis - Ok but looked a little overwhelmed, good for the run.

Graham - Very mobile and finished off well but still a bit off AFL level. However a good performance. a couple more like that had he will be pressing claims.

Morton - Did not do enough. a few good touches but others much better.

Jackson - played and won the hard ball. Did not see him much in the last q but i saw him on the bench for a while during this quarter. We all know what he can do. Not quick enough to tag the elite , problem for him is to find a spot in the team.

and the other good news.

Hyde - got caught a few times and certainly did not look like a player fighting to get his spot back. It seemed like he has been told that his file has been stamped.

Kudos to rawlings for his coaching, his 1/4 and 3/4 address were meaured specific and calm. He was impressive.

right, after reading thommo and peejay's thread - this has to be done hardcore

its time tivva - time to retire mid season - time to let the club ( who has given you more lives than a cat) get a chance to develop some future, and try Collard.

Tivendale, please announce your retirement (With full pay) Despite you being heavily critised by many supporters over the years, there have been many who have appreciated and reconized the hard work and good work you have put into your career - which all began over a decade ago on the rookie list.

but mate, it is time - the club needs to move on, and in all honesty - so do you. if you want to finish off the season at coburg you can - or if you would like to collect your full base pay and go on holidays with your partner - do that.

its just time mate:eek:

right, after reading thommo and peejay's thread - this has to be done hardcore

its time tivva - time to retire mid season - time to let the club ( who has given you more lives than a cat) get a chance to develop some future, and try Collard.

Tivendale, please announce your retirement (With full pay) Despite you being heavily critised by many supporters over the years, there have been many who have appreciated and reconized the hard work and good work you have put into your career - which all began over a decade ago on the rookie list.

but mate, it is time - the club needs to move on, and in all honesty - so do you. if you want to finish off the season at coburg you can - or if you would like to collect your full base pay and go on holidays with your partner - do that.

its just time mate:eek:

If someone retires, they aren't allowed to be put onto the LTI list i'm pretty sure

Good write up Peejay, so who would be you in's for this week?

I think there will be three changes,
Out : Thurs, Tivs, Pettifer, Edwards and maybe Polak Despite what TW said u can't see him dropping Bowden and he loves Mcmahon

In: Collins - just has to come in. I would elevate Collard and play him (maybe Cogs on LTI) JON, Rance,

Glad to hear that about rawlings, I was thinking about him yesterday, is he a serious replacement as coach, I think he does a good job, thoughts?

Good question. we are 6 and 3 and sitting in 5th position (equal 3rd0 the games we have lost we were run down in the final quarter.

Andy Collins got a great wrap from posters on this board. When rawlings was appointed he was bagged. He has done well thats all you can say.

So is JON going to prove the critics wrong and start playing like a top 10 draft pick? We better get it right in this years draft because we wont have another opportunity for a while with the Gold Coast joining the league. If we dont draft a whole set of KPPs at the end of this year bullets will have to be sent in the mail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is JON going to prove the critics wrong and start playing like a top 10 draft pick? We better get it right in this years draft because we wont have another opportunity for a while with the Gold Coast joining the league. If we dont draft a whole set of KPPs at the end of this year bullets will have to be sent in the mail.

bloody oath he will
and even though he has a skinny frame, he has never taken a backward step and isnt afraid to take everyone on. who cares if he has made mistakes, he will be better 4 it long term - take note deledio, jon isnt afraid to take em on , so why dont u!

Glad to hear that about rawlings, I was thinking about him yesterday, is he a serious replacement as coach, I think he does a good job, thoughts?

early days in his career but I too was impressed watching his address on TV, seems to be cool under pressure and a quality communicator, think opposite to Mark Harvey for a clearer perspective. would need at leats 2-3 years coaching at the level to be considered anywhere unless someone knocks the door down for an assistants role elsewhere

I think there will be three changes,
Out : Thurs, Tivs, Pettifer, Edwards and maybe Polak Despite what TW said u can't see him dropping Bowden and he loves Mcmahon

In: Collins - just has to come in. I would elevate Collard and play him (maybe Cogs on LTI) JON, Rance,

And nor should he Peejay. JB wasn't the problem on Saturday - his use of the ball was far better than the majority of others (as it should be). He's just in a bit of no man's land in terms of his positioning at present. I reckon that he needs to be given a more traditional and definable role. Full forward, perhaps?

I despise the tendency of people to lump all of the older blokes in together, as if Bowden was as bad as Tivendale, Pettifer and Hyde have been over the last couple of weeks. It's just lazy analysing.

And nor should he Peejay. JB wasn't the problem on Saturday - his use of the ball was far better than the majority of others (as it should be). He's just in a bit of no man's land in terms of his positioning at present. I reckon that he needs to be given a more traditional and definable role. Full forward, perhaps?

I despise the tendency of people to lump all of the older blokes in together, as if Bowden was as bad as Tivendale, Pettifer and Hyde have been over the last couple of weeks. It's just lazy analysing.
Totally agree Ghost. JB is a class above those spuds.

Did Danny Meyer play??
He played in the ressies and did ok until I saw him along with another player streaming into the forward line seeking an incoming pass only to get the sulks when the other guy was the recipient. As the boy kicked the goal Danny walked off to the wing shaking his head. Not a good example for the kids at all:thumbsdown:

bloody oath he will
and even though he has a skinny frame, he has never taken a backward step and isnt afraid to take everyone on. who cares if he has made mistakes, he will be better 4 it long term - take note deledio, jon isnt afraid to take em on , so why dont u!
the info that came out of the club at or around the time he was drafted were that he was very highly rated as a junior & many clubs liked what they saw specially west coast who likened him to peter matera.
has had huge injury problems since being drafted, has grown around 4cm & added by some reports around 12 kgs.
shin splints were a major concern for him that was linked to the growth spurts combined with the heavy training schedule of afl football.
this year has been his first year with a full preseason & hence the good improvement.
my concern with jon was his decission making, tends to take that extra half a second & gets caught.
i personally think he is being played out of position, i would like to see him play, wing, ff, fp , hff.

decision making and confidence go hand in hand. we have all scene is confidence and decision making improve this year. he will line up on buddy one day and beat him, watch this space

Remove this Banner Ad

coburg vs werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back