Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reef and Macrae both are just not good enough... Richards harsh to be dropped, Long very lucky rather see Bytel given a game in the middle than Long
I can cop if players are dropped for not being good enough
But it leaves a lot to be desired with some of the other names coming inā€¦.

There were a lot worse than Richards last week
And heā€™s been pretty good this year under the circumstances

He's been terrific, particularly with his ability to make something happen with ball in hand.
We haven't scored many goals in the past few weeks, but the ones we have scored, he has usually been a part of them.....

Richards and McInnes omitted

Lmaoooooooooo
Your continued overreactions are whatā€™s Lmao

Look at the ins, look at the team, then think about why perhapsā€¦

The only spot thatā€™s potential a ? is Mitchellā€™s replacement.

Macrae canā€™t play inside mid. Heā€™s to slow and small. Weā€™ve tried sully. Long is slow, but hes at least strong unlike macrae.

degoey is going to be managed and playing forward more. Itā€™s not rocket science.

We are only missing checkers, Mitchell and beau as it stands.

What does that you tell you about how Macrae is viewed by the coaches?
Yes, exactly. I think he's done. Four years and about 20 games and just hasn't done enough to convince and win the trust of the coaches that he can be relied upon to have a big impact or even win his head-to-head match-up. Chalk him up as yet another poor draft pick by Hine.

Starting to get pretty frustrated at selection. Richards and mcinness are 2 of the very limited young talent we have that have shown something and they are getting bumped for long, bytel and Sullivan. Neither is contracted either so other clubs will start talking to them.
Yep
And here we are wondering where all the under 25 talent is and these two are slowly being led to the door like Ginny

Starting to get pretty frustrated at selection. Richards and mcinness are 2 of the very limited young talent we have that have shown something and they are getting bumped for long, bytel and Sullivan. Neither is contracted either so other clubs will start talking to them.
Long, bytel and Sullivan donā€™t play the same positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef and Macrae both are just not good enough... Richards harsh to be dropped, Long very lucky rather see Bytel given a game in the middle than Long
Long stays and Joe Richards goes out. Try to touch it this week, Ned-although it doesn't seem to matter much whether or not you do.

Harrison and top-up players Long, Sullivan, Bytel and Parker all preferred ahead of Macrae this week. I think he's done at Collingwood.

This is the problem. We picked up 3 VFL listed players either before the season or mid season. There's a reason they got delisted or in Sullivans case never picked up.

He's been terrific, particularly with his ability to make something happen with ball in hand.
We haven't scored many goals in the past few weeks, but the ones we have scored, he has usually been a part of them.....
Richards has very good foot skills on both sides of his body. I think he's a keeper, despite being dropped this week.

Wtf has Long shown to be worthy of an extended run of games that Reef/Macrae don't seem to deserve.

How is Bytel named and Reef/Richards dropped. FMD.

Bytel named on the extended bench means nothing.

They could have named me on the extended bench, but it doesnā€™t mean that Iā€™d get any gametime.

Better for McInnis and Richards if theyā€™re not playing seniors that theyā€™re not named on the extended bench. Given that the VFL are playing before the seniors, it would mean that they would get full VFL gametime to work on whatever they need to work on.

I canā€™t believe we omit Reef and Richards and keep a guy like Long in the team.

Baffling really.

It's just ridiculous. Reef wasn't so bad last week, given he's playing forward in a team that can't get it past halfway. Richards I wouldn't have brought straight in, myself, but it's time to look to the future. Long was ineffectual last week in conditions that should have suited him, and I'm not really a fan -- his kicking is awful.

Have we seen that big body ability in the middle the last two weeks when we've been smashed?
To be fair, it wasn't just Long who was MIA last week - it was our whole midfield unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back