Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tells me the coaches don't rate him in the same way they didn't rate Ginnivan. Looking forward to him developing into a B+ player elsewhere while we battle on with C-graders pulled from the preseason drafts.
Macrae was soundly beaten by Carlton’s 19 year old mid in the vfl who torched our midfield with a lazy 40 odd touches. But hey, let’s select him for the seniors

Reef and Macrae both are just not good enough... Richards harsh to be dropped, Long very lucky rather see Bytel given a game in the middle than Long

Yeah, I've seen enough football to know that you can't actually tell how good a player is unless they get sustained runs in the 1sts -- coming in for a game and then getting dropped is useless.

Who else hasn't been good enough:

Brett James
Podsiadly
Paul Seedsman
Matthew Carr
Nathan Lovett-Murray
John Ceglar....

None of them were good enough. Just NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH.

That tells me the coaches don't rate him in the same way they didn't rate Ginnivan. Looking forward to him developing into a B+ player elsewhere while we battle on with C-graders pulled from the preseason drafts.
Hmmm, I think that's a dubious comparison.

Ginny had obvious talent but carried on like a d1ck at Collingwood, repeatedly falling short of the coaches' professional expectations and, I suspect, losing the trust of his team-mates. By comparison, Macrae has been a model citizen but just hasn't shown enough talent or impact across his four years with us.

Reef unlucky. Had a little bit of the ball when he came on and nowhere near the worst.
Thought Richards would be given more time considering his great first couple of games.
Bytel is lucky to be playing, I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's in our best 22.
I don't mind Long, strong body although pretty slow.
Happy Cox is back, we've missed the height and Richmond are his bunnies.

Just maybe, we are missing Mitchell more than we think...

Hmmm, I think that's a dubious comparison.

Ginny had obvious talent but carried on like a d1ck at Collingwood, repeatedly falling short of the coaches' professional expectations and, I suspect, losing the trust of his team-mates. By comparison, Macrae has been a model citizen but just hasn't shown enough talent or impact across his four years with us.

That's fair enough. I accept your argument. I'm just frustrated.

Yeah, I've seen enough football to know that you can't actually tell how good a player is unless they get sustained runs in the 1sts -- coming in for a game and then getting dropped is useless.

Who else hasn't been good enough:

Brett James
Podsiadly
Paul Seedsman
Matthew Carr
Nathan Lovett-Murray
John Ceglar....

None of them were good enough. Just NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH.
yeah lets get 50+ games into every single player we bring in so we know for sure, sounds great :thumbsu:

Guaranteed no matter what the selectors did still there would have been whining.

Where's Cox? No Shoota? Why not give Long/Sullivan a couple more games? Who will help Nick in the midfield?

Blah blah blah..
You know it’s not the same group that would complain.. There is one group who will complain with the scenario you outlined, there is the current group who complain with this weeks changes, and just like a Venn diagram, there is that middle group who complain about everything.
😀

Your continued overreactions are what’s Lmao

Look at the ins, look at the team, then think about why perhaps…

The only spot that’s potential a ? is Mitchell’s replacement.

Macrae can’t play inside mid. He’s to slow and small. We’ve tried sully. Long is slow, but hes at least strong unlike macrae.

degoey is going to be managed and playing forward more. It’s not rocket science.

We are only missing checkers, Mitchell and beau as it stands.

Were you replying to me?

I’m talking about the omissions?

You know it’s not the same group that would complain.. There is one group who will complain with the scenario you outlined, there is the current group who complain with this weeks changes, and just like a Venn diagram, there is that middle group who complain about everything.
😀

Stop introducing complexity. This is Bigfooty. We only have two options. On and off. Black and white. Good and bad.

Guaranteed no matter what the selectors did still there would have been whining.

Where's Cox? No Shoota? Why not give Long/Sullivan a couple more games? Who will help Nick in the midfield?

Blah blah blah..

lol

How many people would actually complain about No Schultz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef and macrae treatment and non selections to me is pretty shabby to be honest by selectors
Should have been given a block of games to see if they can fire up
The in and out strategy kills their confidence ., especially reef .. sub then out then in then sub then out then in then out
We haven’t had the luxury of giving a block of games to Macrae and Reef. We’ve been playing poorly and losing and did not have the time, nor the inclination for risk, to see if they could ‘fire up’.

Last edited:
😀
That's why I said there would be whining no matter what & outlined the opposing whines ..

Whoosh.. 💨

It's just ridiculous. Reef wasn't so bad last week, given he's playing forward in a team that can't get it past halfway. Richards I wouldn't have brought straight in, myself, but it's time to look to the future. Long was ineffectual last week in conditions that should have suited him, and I'm not really a fan -- his kicking is awful.
Exactly the point. Pretty hard to show your worth as a forward, when we have a month of hardly getting it in there. Maybe get them up the ground, rather than sending them back.

Long, bytel and Sullivan don’t play the same positions.
I'd rather see reef tried in the middle over long and Sullivan, and Richards on a wing over bytel. Both have shown AFL traits with limited opportunities, as opposed to the others.

I'd rather see reef tried in the middle over long and Sullivan, and Richards on a wing over bytel. Both have shown AFL traits with limited opportunities, as opposed to the others.
Maybe Reef isn’t fit enough to play midfield.

I don't think he is.
That's been the general consensus hasn't it? Reef needing to work on his tank.

I think with Dan, Shoota, Billy, Cox all back, we probably don't need another forward this week. See how this forward set up goes this week. And Jordy will probably spend more time forward than midfield. Hence why Long/Sullivan are needed.

Joey has been a bit off since returning from his injury, unfortunately.

I don't mind too much if they both get a run in the 2's this weekend. I want both Reef & Joe to stay at the club & hope another uninterrupted preseason sets them up for regular games next year 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back