Colorado thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-11-30/go-take-a-hike

A steady 50-minute hike through what was at times an icy and slippery terrain was then ramped up to a 3.8km run which was one of the more gruelling tests the players have undergone so far in the camp.
Not for the first time, Jarryn Geary won the time trial with clear distance between him and Jack Steven and Jack Newnes who made up the places on the podium.

So Jack Newnes and Jack Steven were behind Geary, would love to see Newnes kick it up a level next year.
Geary winning, what a surprise!! :p

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-11-30/go-take-a-hike

A steady 50-minute hike through what was at times an icy and slippery terrain was then ramped up to a 3.8km run which was one of the more gruelling tests the players have undergone so far in the camp.
Not for the first time, Jarryn Geary won the time trial with clear distance between him and Jack Steven and Jack Newnes who made up the places on the podium.

So Jack Newnes and Jack Steven were behind Geary, would love to see Newnes kick it up a level next year.

I'll also be interested to see if Steven stays on the ground more than he did last year. He was only on the ground for 79% of games while Monty was on for 84.8%. Another year of Steven's skills getting better combined with extra endurance = :eek::thumbsu: !!!

Roo played the grand total of 6 games in his first year for a return of 2 g 2 b, ease JB in, Dunstan however is ready to go…..has skipper written all over him already.
Don't see how any other player is relevant to Billings. What does Riewoldt have to do with it? I'm saying that if Billings is ready, he should play. I'm not saying that if he doesn't play many games, his ceiling lowers. Nor am I saying that I expect or hope him to play many games. I'm saying that if he is ready, he should not be held back.

Looks like Sam Dunnel wasnt far behind the leaders there, lets hope he can really push into the 22 next year!

Did I see Longer finishing ahead of Clint Jones?
Looked like he finished in front of CJ but it wasn't just CJ he finished in front of fair few finished after him and CJ.

Just looking at the footage went Longer, CJ, Dunstan, Schneider, Dempster.

Looks like Sam Dunnel wasnt far behind the leaders there, lets hope he can really push into the 22 next year!
Sam looked bigger in that video. More muscle on him. He really has some skills, but slipped back last year. I too hope can make it.

Sam looked bigger in that video. More muscle on him. He really has some skills, but slipped back last year. I too hope can make it.
I hope so, I dont see him ever becoming an elite player but I can easily see him in best 22 if given the games to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Dunnel, would love to see him develop into a solid GOP.
The sneaky side of me wants him to do well, so we can trade him to the Bombers for a good pick.

The sneaky side of me wants him to do well, so we can trade him to the Bombers for a good pick.
It's not a bad thought, but trying to trade with Essendon is like trying to push water uphill.

And this is why I like the concept (of altitude training supported by a facility which can cater for large groups, along with the opportunities to watch the local elite sports - which many of the players are fans of). These guys already have enough strain on their bodies from running, running, and more running - and this gives them a chance to get intensity with less strain on the joints (tackling incidents like DMark last year excepted).

Big J : http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-11-30/boulder-2013-holmes-diary-plenty-to-be-thankful-for

Man, what a day. What a week really. On Tuesday I officially became a St Kilda player when the Saints took me with their third rookie list pick.

I’ve actually been with the Saints for quite a while now and the guys have really made me feel a part of the team the whole time. Funnily enough I was actually in mid-air on a flight to Boulder with the team when my name was read out as a rookie selection.

We were sitting at almost 2km above sea level and you can really feel it in the lungs. We started out with a 50 minute walk before a pretty intense run. The guys can set a decent pace and I did my best to keep up.

After our hike and lunch I had to jump out quickly to find a TV so I could watch my brother Andre play. Andre’s a wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders in the NFL and he’s only just become a regular starter.

Haha, so one of my mates is in Boulder right now. Tags me in a status saying she's bumped into the Saints!

Says Schneids and Richo are fantastic. Enjoyed talking to Acres as well!

had a walk an chat with him - poor guy got drafted, got on a plane, flew 27hrs and then was straight into training where they got smashed since getting here and he hasn't slept cause of the altitude and barely had a chance to meet anyone yet. Poor kid! And he any of the others know but chatting to Richardson and doc, tmw they are going to get flogged and they have no idea. I just wanted to give him a hug haha

Will post more goss as it comes in!

Haha, so one of my mates is in Boulder right now. Tags me in a status saying she's bumped into the Saints!

is she getting along to open training on Satuday their time-- Morning
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-11-30/boulder-open-training-session

and Acres seems to be the quietest / youngest in maturit of the draftees...
will be ahuge shock...

I like Dunnel, would love to see him develop into a solid GOP.

Ive never considered myself to be an overly intelligent person but youve got no idea how long i stared at screen trying to figure out what GOP meanto_O
And then came the DING DONG!!!!! moment. "Oh, Good Ordinary Player":rolleyes:
:p
Please tell me i was right with the 'Good ordinary player' thing. Cos my other guesses of
Goat or Porpoise?
Good or Pathetic?
Gay or Peculiar?
Greedy old Prick?
all didnt seem to make much sense:eek:

Ive never considered myself to be an overly intelligent person but youve got no idea how long i stared at screen trying to figure out what GOP meanto_O
And then came the DING DONG!!!!! moment. "Oh, Good Ordinary Player":rolleyes:
:p
Please tell me i was right with the 'Good ordinary player' thing. Cos my other guesses of
Goat or Porpoise?
Good or Pathetic?
Gay or Peculiar?
Greedy old Prick?
all didnt seem to make much sense:eek:

Goat or Porpoise is the correct answer. :thumbsu:

By Goat, I'm presuming you mean greatest of all time.

Yes GOP is Good Ordinary Player. GOP's are very important. They are capable players who don't cost a lot. They allow the club to fit a superstar or two into the list. That is why they are so important. No club can afford to have all superstars. The salary cap prevents it.

Anddddd first thing I see on my newsfeed today is the St Kilda FB group posting a picture of my mate next to Rooey.

Cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Colorado thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back