List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
TB is a trade for mine, especially if HEdwards does what he did in his few games this year for the rest of the season. Bazzo gets another year to develop.

I’ve been all in on the Baker trade but we only do it if TB is traded out.

If Cox is the the coach for next year. Under no circumstances do we trade our future first. Warner is a real chance even more so if Freo spend their cash in this draft period on Baker and Bolton. Reid ain’t leaving anytime soon if he is grouped with Warner, FOS and hopefully Hewett. (And Sheldrick)

TB is a trade for mine, especially if HEdwards does what he did in his few games this year for the rest of the season. Bazzo gets another year to develop.

If Cox is the the coach for next year. Under no circumstances do we trade our future first. Warner is a real chance even more so if Freo spend their cash in this draft period on Baker and Bolton. Reid ain’t leaving anytime soon if he is grouped with Warner, FOS and hopefully Hewett. (And Sheldrick)
Baker and Bolton isn't happening for Freo, so you can forget that.

Agree on TB, hope Baker stays at Richmond and previously agreed on keeping F1 for Warner but now would prefer to trade it into this draft with GCS. Unlike last year I think this is a realistic chance of happening.

Rotham and Witherden have good disposal.

I’d rather Zurhaar’s aggression and intensity over them
Wha you talkn bout Willis.

Witherden is a turnover merchant and rotham isn't much better. Rotham hears footsteps even when he is free in space. Witherden is weak as piss. They both need to go asap

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really dont want Baker tbh. Too expensive.
Id rather just shop around the FA market or fringe guys at better clubs. Theres always a few bargains going around each year

I think Waterman can sustain it, but it doesnt matter. Hes got value and if a club wants to give us a top 8 pick for him then its worth it.

Not like we dont have other KPFs who are currently or very soon will be looking for games

I’d be trying to get the Dees first and F1 for Waterman and a F2, they’d 100% do it. They are desperate for an elite key forward and would still firmly believe they are in a flag window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TB is going nowhere.

Warner is a reall chance.
For Freo that is.

A musing, perhaps not a clever one, but an opinion I’m starting to form having watched most of Sydney’s games this year- Chad Warner is a very good footballer, but he’s not worth 1.5m a year. At least not yet, anyway.

Getting strong Geelong Tim Kelly vibes from him. Hits the scoreboard with ease, can break tackles, strong offensively. But he’s got a very good midfield and defensive minded group around him that allow him a license to be that way. Same as Kelly did at Geelong which nearly took him to a Brownlow.

If we sold the farm for him expecting him to lead our midfield we end up with a player that is still a good midfielder but nowhere near as damaging when he’s the main man.

I won’t be upset if we chased him, Reid and Warner would be amazing. But I have concerns he goes to the next level without having the group around him which we probably don’t have for a year or 2 minimum.

1R, McVee and Rivers for Waterman and BWilliams. You want a KPF? Pay for it.
I love Waterman dont want to trade him believe he is better than Allen especially since Allen defensively is a liability because he lacks a tank
Having said if he gets us Rivers and Mcphee I would do it cant see Melbourne agreeing though

Witherden is a turnover merchant and rotham isn't much better. Rotham hears footsteps even when he is free in space. Witherden is weak as piss. They both need to go asap
???
I've watched witherden put his body on the line multiple times. Sits in the hole and gets shitmixed pretty often.

I love Waterman dont want to trade him believe he is better than Allen especially since Allen defensively is a liability because he lacks a tank
Having said if he gets us Rivers and Mcphee I would do it cant see Melbourne agreeing though
I rate Allen comfortably above Waterman. Allen plays like a guy you can build a forward line around, hes a bit of an all rounder like JK was. Waterman is a little more unique in the way he plays.
Allen is also the captain, and his tank when not underdone at all is more than enough to be a KPF. Hes also been elite for longer than Jake has, more runs on the board

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Withderden is a fairly average player but one thing he's not is weak as piss, bloke goes in hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back