List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if significant numbers of the draft cohort were showing a strong reluctance to move interstate, effectively limiting our drafting options, it doesn't lower the value pick 3 to every other club.

If the club wanted to move back into that "sweet spot", there so much more value that pick could have been traded for.

That's what doesn't make sense to so many here.

If the draft is as even as some say, pick 3 would lose some appeal. In a shallow draft pick 3 would be gold. In a deep, even draft clubs would be okay with holding their multiple picks further down the board instead of packaging them up to get into the top few.

I don't follow it closely enough to know whether it is both deep and evenly spread on talent, but that's how I see it from a pick 3 value point of view. There may not have been many clubs genuinely interested in paying to get up to that pick. The big hiccup was letting the Hawks move 14. We could have dealt with the Blues separately for their 12 and probably walked away with more, or tried to package up 3 with another club.

Lindsay is the best kick in this class i truly can’t see what you’re on about…
Have you watched him? He some times pulls off a beautiful kick, which I can see why you've overrated him.
But he misses plenty too, and usually when he's not under any pressure.
He's no Wanganeen-Milera.

Reid best kick for mine.

I want to say a couple of things but I apologise I can't comment outside of saying that I definitely don't get along with or agree on certain decisions made by a particular person I am working with.

I'm not high enough on the food chain. If Sydney didn't ****ing bottle the GF people would certainly be in a much happier position today.

Have you watched him? He some times pulls off a beautiful kick, which I can see why you've overrated him.
But he misses plenty too, and usually when he's not under any pressure.
He's no Wanganeen-Milera.

Reid best kick for mine.
Watched him a lot and think he was tracking to be a top 10 pick prior to his PCL. Versatile player. Can play inside, outside and a lovely kick (agree to disagree on that one). Plugs many holes of ours and I’m taking him over Murphy Reid even without the flight risk concerns he may or may not have.

Look, I don't love the trade, I don't like the trade.

But let's not overstate it.

It's a 9 pick downgrade for a very good player (Baker), and another best 22 player in the right age bracket.
Swap pick 12 for 10 and it probably goes from outrage to cringe. Swap pick 12 for 8 and it probably goes from outrage to general dislike.

Trying to justify a shit trade with the old "we made a commitment to Liam we'd get him in" line.

Sorry Pykey, not buying it. Your club just had their pants pulled down and got raw-dogged.
Pick 12 + F1 for Dev Rob...mite as well just junk the joint for the next decade... kents.
Bring back Nissie....BBN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who the **** is deciding to commit to baker when we are a year away from being able to get him for free? who the **** is deciding to re-sign barrass when it was clear he wanted out and the AFL is handing out band 1 compo like it's nothing?

I don't see what everyone is so upset about.

We're immediately a better team after this trade period and it's balancing the age demographics of our list and beefing up our main weaknesses being our midfield and defensive small forward.

All for the price of a downgrade from pick 3 to 12 in a year where the top 15 are all considered even.

I think we can lay off putting the boots into Phil.

As he says he is way down the chain for a screw up of this scale.
Yeah absolutely, not his fault we've gone off the deep end.

But the insights he brings from the internals of the club are deeply concerning as a supporter. Truly "the emperor has no clothes" stuff at times.

Oh goodie gum drops I just can’t wait for Bond to come on and explain to us why this is such a good deal for us and we really shouldn’t worry as the experts are making all the right decisions.

Clearly there is zero justification for feeling like we just got ****ed by a freight train.

Top 4 next year guys, I can feel it.

Is there any push back at all in the media or is it only enclosed in bigfooty?
Go and have a look on X. We're the joke of the AFL world at the moment. You know it's bad when Docker supporters are making fun of your trading.

ehf7s.jpg

Look after people disagreed with the information I gave up and how busy i've been I decided to take a break from here but people will remember me posting on multiple occasions about the club not having pick 3.

It has been realised in the past week that who the club has as their top 3+ draft selections would either be already drafted or didn't want to come to WA. I was a large part of the interviews.

People will get upset with this but pick 12 is about the sweet spot as far as trading down. No, it likely won't secure who most here want however it is high enough that is guarantees either a massive slider or one of the clubs 3 targets will be there. The hawks pick 14 was just a couple of picks too late to do that particularly after the AFL ****ed us with St Kilda getting band 1 compo.

Club is holding hard on Barrass.

If you want, you can blame me for Owies.

I can't publicly discuss a couple of things quite yet but I think people can now guess as to why the club has the coach it does and also why a lot of time and effort was used to bring Worsfold back in his new position. Also why I was pissed off about a couple of things a took a break from here.

I will try and give people a bit of a shining light here. (bar securing the top tier player trade next year) Then things will look like this. 3 senior best 22 players who provide significantly more run and carry and 7 first round draft picks in 4 years. When you look at it purely from that perspective, with all the difficulties the club faces in securing talent, that is a very good outcome.
Neither Baker or Owies are good ball users or decision makers (ie. the entire way the modern game is played).

The concept that you’ve outlined isn’t terrible but the execution is horrendous given the players we’ve ended up with.
Uncontracted 27 and 28yo undersized utilities who have no outstanding traits and won’t be here when we actually need them to be.

Dev f*cking Robertson is a better option than Owies purely on age and position.

The club needs to come out with a proper step by step explanation of the entire process because there’s so many questions that need answering.

Losing our most important asset simply can’t have been the only way to get the two players we got. I refuse to believe that’s the case.

Last edited:
I want to say a couple of things but I apologise I can't comment outside of saying that I definitely don't get along with or agree on certain decisions made by a particular person I am working with.

I'm not high enough on the food chain. If Sydney didn't ****ing bottle the GF people would certainly be in a much happier position today.
Just make up a secret account to post from. I suggest WCE_spil. No-one would suspect a thing

Look after people disagreed with the information I gave up and how busy i've been I decided to take a break from here but people will remember me posting on multiple occasions about the club not having pick 3.

G'day Phil, not to be a stickler or contribute to a pile on, but -- I do remember you saying that, in a sense:

I can't say much but and it may not happen but a lot of work has gone into making sure pick 3 is used on a much higher caliber player than Baker.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back