List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks kike GoEagles has an alias or there is a new cult of jilted and emotionally unstable Eagles fans.

Seriously enbarrassing day all round for the clubs, club officials and also hopefully a small group of idiots who call themselves Eagles fans.

Is that you Mrs Clarke?

West Coast (and the AFL) is ultimately a business designed to part fans from their money, nothing more.

Yes we get a lot of enjoyment (normally) and our tribalism as a consumer lifts it above a standard commercial transaction.

But that should not open up invested supporters to ridicule for venting and/or to seek some solace from holding the club to account in some minuscule way (i.e. cancelling a membership).

All power to them for not taking your claimed moral high ground and blind adherence to not challenging a status quo.

The latter is what sunk the Titanic and the last 4 years of WC's shiteshow are testament to this with plenty in the strident critic club and others in the excuse club (and we know who's right so far).

The biggest issue about this trade period is that we saw the green shoots of an elite Harley Reid and got excited about this years "super" draft... with the the club then going all "damn the icebergs, full speed ahead".

If GoEagles is invested enough and wants to protest and you get all embarrassed about what Freo supporters might think of this, then says more about you.

Unless there is a handshake deal with richmond for the f1s from hawthorn for either 6,10 or 11or some sort of package for more picks this year i got nfi
Pyke did say something about how "in isolation the deal is a bit odd", small glimmer of hope that there is more to come with a possible handshake agreement, but I'm not too hopeful

IF we rushed into a deal to get a pick for Baker in the hope of getting a better deal for TB on the final, imagine if we end up accepting the same offer of F1 + F2 for TB & F3.
It will make the trade period even worse.
Could've held onto pick 3 and given Richmond F1 for Baker.
I can't believe that Owies was supposedly the deal breaker.

If he’s going off the sen interview he definitely didn’t say that.
Pyke was disgraceful in that interview. He clearly had his mitts all over this.

Pyke's last words "We had to fulfil our commitment to liam".

It was the commitment's fault. Pyke wants us to blame the commitment. So let's all just kiss and praise pykey and blame it on the commitment.

It's been a rough day for all, if anyone needs a chat, my number is 04*********

season 3 phone GIF

Pyke did say something about how "in isolation the deal is a bit odd", small glimmer of hope that there is more to come with a possible handshake agreement, but I'm not too hopeful

I think what he meant was 'in isolation the deal is a bit odd, but when you take into account I'm a complete ****ing idiot it makes more sense'

IF we rushed into a deal to get a pick for Baker in the hope of getting a better deal for TB on the final, imagine if we end up accepting the same offer of F1 + F2 for TB & F3.
It will happen tomorrow

The F1 and F2 is the same as pick 14 you could have had last week, which now becomes the F1 and F2 traded to Hawthorn for pick 14. If you had taken the deal you would still have pick 3 and could have picked up Baker via the PSD and Owies as a free agent.

If you keep Barrass this year then his worth less next year as a 30 year old.
If the Hawks got trigger happy we can’t really help that.

As much as it hasn’t been a great trade period for the Eagles it would be worse for the Hawks if they have traded out of the super draft and don’t get TB after committing to him. While also missing out Smith, Perryman.

I’d also back the Blues to finish above the hawks next year, especially after we just gave them a top 4 jet (possibly)

Also if it comes around next year and somehow TB is still on our list and still wants out. Sydney would love him if they just fall short again and part of the possible Warner trade.

Really need to push for Hawks F1 + F2 as a minimum (ideally 2xF1 but I have no confidence in WCE), then try and trade either thier's or our F2 into this year for 2x P3 so we can actually start rebuilding our list in the 2024 super draft.

A lot I can't understand in that deal, but one minor was WTF did we trade our picks in the 60s as part of it and get one in the 70s back. Makes no sense for us, only Carlton.

Richmond had 51 and 61, surely both those come to us. 14 was way overs, as a bare minimum 51 and 61 should've come our way.

Just shows how poor that deal was all the way through.
we're looking to corner the good will market

i said at the start of trade week that i fear the new regime might be looking to make a splash instead of doing the boring but sound moves. now i think i was right but also they are absolutely ****ing morons.
I have been fearing for a while that they would end up panicking and looking for short cuts and quick fixes to the hole we are in. And that the catalyst for that would be fear of losing money. Fear that the punters will stop paying to go watch the games. And that this would prompt to be willing to trade long term success for a short term sugar high. And i think that that is what has hapenned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Hawks got trigger happy we can’t really help that.

As much as it hasn’t been a great trade period for the Eagles it would be worse for the Hawks if they have traded out of the super draft and don’t get TB after committing to him. While also missing out Smith, Perryman.

I’d also back the Blues to finish above the hawks next year, especially after we just gave them a top 4 jet (possibly)

Also if it comes around next year and somehow TB is still on our list and still wants out. Sydney would love him if they just fall short again and part of the possible Warner trade.
I think the only list manager that was trigger happy is West Coast’s. putting everything in the line for Baker who is worth a second rounder at best and is 27 years old and he traded out pick 3 in a super draft.

Happy for you to keep TB but you need atleast another F1 to be in the running for Warner next year.

The only KPD to be traded for two firsts is Lever who was 21 at the time. Barrass is 29 and has back issues which he has publicly stated. A F1 and F2 is a fair trade IMO without you sending anything back.

If you don’t trade him you have a 30 year old defender next year on your books with less draft capital to use before Tassie comes in, making the future drafts more compromised.

Your club has sold you an unrealistic dream and failed to deliver. The proof is in the pudding today and it will be either way it goes tomorrow.

Baker not worth a mid teens pick, let alone a top 3 pick; which is what we'll have as our F1.
Right now I wish we'd held tough. He could have come home, just in purple. And I'd rather that than what just transpired.

i said at the start of trade week that i fear the new regime might be looking to make a splash instead of doing the boring but sound moves. now i think i was right but also they are absolutely ****ing morons.
A belly flop makes a splash. And boy have we flopped/rolled over/caved in and lead ballooned trade period in a major way.

Now let's roll over on TB and accept F1 and F2 which is unders even without any F3 going back.

A lot I can't understand in that deal, but one minor was WTF did we trade our picks in the 60s as part of it and get one in the 70s back. Makes no sense for us, only Carlton.

Richmond had 51 and 61, surely both those come to us. 14 was way overs, as a bare minimum 51 and 61 should've come our way.

What i or other supporters believe Baker is worth is irrelevant really. For the record I’ve said numerous times he’s worth a late first early second pick in my opinion but clearly the price was set by the market.

Pick 14 wasn’t overs. The price was set by Freo by offering pick 11 as mentioned by many in the media. Freo have been circling in the last few days and were going public saying they are interested in Baker if the deal with the Eagles fell over.

On top of that Clarke had already let us know what Bakers worth was in his press conference at the start of trade week which would have been set by Freo offering up pick 11. We needed to get somewhere around that pick to make the deal happen, if anything the Tigers could argue they accepted unders in the deal because pick 11 was on the table.

I’m personally not upset with the pick for Baker I’m just furious that the best deal we could get for pick 3 was 12 & Baker or that another way wasn’t found to unlock the Baker trade. Taking the club spin out of it pick 3 is a sweet spot in any draft not pick 12. It was incompetence from a first year list manager that needed to swim but sank in his first trade week.

HAve been a member and supporter for over 30 years and in all seriousness i have never seen our whole list being this bad. Our depth and quality unfortunately is poor, we do have some green shoots but we really need to regenerate the squad not keep adding spuds.
More spuds than Spudshed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back