List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know how one with a straight face can say they prefer Hamish Davies (18) over Lindsay/Tobie (12)
I suggest you have 3 errors.
1. I assume you actually meant Davis not Davies
2. Davis at 18 appears too soon for me
3. It is actually Baker + pick 18 versus pick 12 alone

Just been looking at some Utube footage.
Draper looks real good.
Smille looked very good
JSmith is a bit of a mmmmm?
Geez Kayle Gerreyn looked unbelievable in the game highlighted against Subi.
Not sure of his height or the quality of the opposition.Big,tough,L/R foot.
Was he just a big lad pushing around kids??

Hasn't Baker said he wants Richmond compensated?

We're not getting him in the PSD. We should be willing to walk away though if our offer isn't enough
Yeah that’s the ‘reports’ but that’s all from Vic media. As some say, he can’t have his cake and eat it too.

Not saying the PSD thing is happening because it won’t, just commenting there are ways for it to be manipulated if you wanted too

I do not want Baker if it does anything gross to our draft hand. We honestly still need to get in a butcher and a candlestick maker first and that should be the priority ffs

Why the **** is this guy not getting smashed around after making a Baker joke and I do? Huh bombard? pantskyle?

It's a goddamn popularity contest with you kids!

F$&k I hate it when Kane Cornes is right…
It's just indicative of the society we live in now.
I can't tell off the tradesmen I have under me anymore because one of them went literally crying to the boss and I got told off for it.

I have to be nice to him despite multiple **** ups.

Participation trophies, attendance certificates at school....shit Iike this has ****ed up kids so when they are adults all they think is necessary is to show up to get a reward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago I laughed at the garbage peddled in the media and social media this time of the year. Pure fiction. As a subtle test I posted ion the main board re inside knowledge that Gaff was going to Melbourne for their first pick plus (when it was a very worthy pick).
I only gained 20 pages of discussion. I then came clean but people, including some on here, wouldn't accept the truth and kept the discussion open.
Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

It's just indicative of the society we live in now.
I can't tell off the tradesmen I have under me anymore because one of them went literally crying to the boss and I got told off for it.

I have to be nice to him despite multiple **** ups.

Participation trophies, attendance certificates at school....shit Iike this has ****ed up kids so when they are adults all they think is necessary is to show up to get a reward.
]. Between 2001 and 2019 the age-standardised suicide rate for male
Australian construction workers was 26.0 per 100,00 compared to 13.2 per 100,000 for male workers
in other occupations.

Must be all the mollycoddling what does it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back