List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
No you're not, you getting the crows F2 for compensation for sliding back in the draft in the first round and as the crows F2 will be higher than ours we slide back in the second round!! We lose again.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
How else do we get Hawks f1? Barass for 14 and their f1 prob requires something going back

Sliding from 3 to 4 this year isn't too bad

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully Clark hasn’t learnt something from his time a Richmond. Some said the Tigers were playing teams off against each other last year for upgrades for picks in the 30s which gave them a stockpile of picks to allow them to trade up for pick 18 this year.

Hopefully it’s turns into Saints and Tigers as more of the buyers then us the sellers for pick 3. Would make it a good position to be in especially if the guy we wants will be at the pick we get if it’s 6 or 7.

BOND after his post
Hide Hiding GIF

Hey BOND 007

Got a few questions. Would appreciate if you could answer them whenever you can. No rush.

1. If you could be any vegetable, which one would you be?

2. Is water wet?

3. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

4. Why isn't 11 pronounced "onety-one"?

5. If you drop soap on the floor, is the floor clean or is the soap dirty?

6. Can you cry underwater?

7. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

8. If an orange is called "orange," why isn't a banana called "yellow"?

9. If you could have any superpower but only use it once, what would it be?

10. Do fish get thirsty?

Cheers

Hey BOND 007

Got a few questions. Would appreciate if you could answer them whenever you can. No rush.

1. If you could be any vegetable, which one would you be?

2. Is water wet?

3. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

4. Why isn't 11 pronounced "onety-one"?

5. If you drop soap on the floor, is the floor clean or is the soap dirty?

6. Can you cry underwater?

7. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

8. If an orange is called "orange," why isn't a banana called "yellow"?

9. If you could have any superpower but only use it once, what would it be?

10. Do fish get thirsty?

Cheers
Surely a lemon would be called a yellow

Exactly my point. Whichever peanut prepared that is being paid to comment on the draft and trade space. sharps24 ‘s views on Jamie Cripps are more balanced than this.

Hey, my views on Jamie Cripps were balanced. And only about 12 weeks out of step with the rest of the board judging by the match day comments in the last half a dozen games. He's old and half the player he once was. He got 250 games out of himself. Great career. He's taking up a valuable spot that could be used on development or free agency and trades. It's time for us to put him on the ice flow and send him on his way. Could do a lot worse than asking him to retire now and offering Garcia a contact.

However, like Baker not being worth pick 14 and Tom Barrass being worth more than pick 14, Jamie Cripps no longer needs to be debated. These are all obvious points. Whats the next thing to collectively melt about? I reckon we've got to revisit Don the pike and his not having the stones to ask for priority picks and how it's going to ruin the club.

Hey Bond, you charlatan fraud, give these plebs something they can't find on twitter or Bigfooty
The Burden of Cynicism: Cynicism often leads to isolation and defensiveness. It can create a self-fulfilling prophecy where negative expectations lead to negative outcomes. Philosophers like Friedrich Nietzsche have explored the limitations of cynicism, suggesting that it can stifle creativity and hinder the pursuit of meaning in life.

It also leads to a shitload of dislike reactions if you're random260 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Burden of Cynicism: Cynicism often leads to isolation and defensiveness. It can create a self-fulfilling prophecy where negative expectations lead to negative outcomes. Philosophers like Friedrich Nietzsche have explored the limitations of cynicism, suggesting that it can stifle creativity and hinder the pursuit of meaning in life.

It also leads to a shitload of dislike reactions if you're random260 ;)
Spare me your nonsense. If you're happy believing in a guy who is leading you on, that's all that matters

Spare me your nonsense. If you're happy believing in a guy who is leading you on, that's all that matters
The Role of Reciprocity: Trust often breeds trust. When we extend trust to others, it can encourage them to act in kind. This reciprocity can build stronger communities and networks, which is essential for both individual and collective well-being.

Sometimes it feels just as good giving as receiving :p

The Role of Reciprocity: Trust often breeds trust. When we extend trust to others, it can encourage them to act in kind. This reciprocity can build stronger communities and networks, which is essential for both individual and collective well-being.

Sometimes it feels just as good giving as receiving :p
Haha, sounds like the BS at the Crow's pre-season camp

Haha, sounds like the BS at the Crow's pre-season camp
Optimism as a Catalyst for Connection: Trust fosters relationships and collaboration. By assuming positive intentions, we create an environment where open communication and mutual support can thrive. This aligns with the philosophical view of humanism, which posits that people are inherently good and capable of growth.

Seriously though, I've not been given a reason not trust them and disbelieve what they're saying.

I'm also a believer in the Ancient Alien theory, which makes a hell of a lot more sense than an omnipotent deity.

Flyin’ and TK are the remaining guys that stand out in that senior bracket that still hold some currency and could be traded without leaving a leadership void. They are the ones we will look at in 2 years and say ‘why didn’t we trade them when they had value?’

But both hold strong ties to WA which makes a move difficult. A pick in the mid to late 20s for each seems reasonable. Or maybe pay some salary and send them to Freo as a package for pick 18? The added benefit of traded with Freo being that any picks they give up means they have less to offer for Warner leaving us in the box seat.
It is so bloody disgusting that if it continues for a few more years, I'll abandon my club.

And I was there as a young teenager, my Dad bringing me too games in 87.

Big statement but that's how disillusioned I am.

How else do we get Hawks f1? Barass for 14 and their f1 prob requires something going back

Sliding from 3 to 4 this year isn't too bad

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Schoey although highly criticised on this forum for rightly criticising the current state of our club stated if it were Geelong who was looking to trade a grand final winning, all Australian, club best and fairest, do you think they would be happy to take a pick 14 and a possible second rounder given josh battle fetched saints 8th pick for compensation??? If anything that did Hawthorn a disservice and is a favour.

As the saying goes beggars can't be choosers.

I dont see where players have the right to dictate what club they desire to go to after wanting to scrunch up a contract which they signed!!

We draw the line in the sand here and go for the jugular, whether that be with hawthorn, Sydney or the highest bidder.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back