List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Ongoing discussions:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
Posters that get intel often can't post it publicly because it'll be clear where it's come from, I've been gagged often. I've received stuff from Monocle which I have been able to verify. He isn't talking shit IMO but can agree the peppering up our own anguses is not great either.

As an Eagles fan I'm simply always prepared we're going to do something stupid.
I’ve learnt over the years that if you hear sh!t but can’t share it, don’t insinuate you’ve heard sh!t but can’t share it. It just p!sses everyone else off, and makes you look like a douche.

I used to work with Tom Rockliff’s missus, would get told a heap of stuff. Always checked what I could share and couldn’t.

Trade Barrass for 14 + 33 and future 2nd rounder.

On trade 14 and 33 or hawks future 2nd rounder to the Swans for 19 and 22.

Offer Bitchmond 19 for Baker, stand firm on this offer.

Trade 3 and future 1st for 7 and 8. I know it's alot, but I'd rather have 2 bites in this draft. Next year we have some quality NGA and a F/S coming through.

Pick 7: Tobie (Wing/Def)
Pick 8: Allan (Mid/Def)
Pick 22: Lindsay/Gross/Moraes
Pick 26: Mraz
Champion
Baker

Not everyone it going to like this, but honestly think this is pretty decent.
We need a genuine ball winning mid first and foremost

We could very well end up with 6 half forwards and backs from that lot

I’ve learnt over the years that if you hear sh!t but can’t share it, don’t insinuate you’ve heard sh!t but can’t share it. It just p!sses everyone else off, and makes you look like a douche.

I used to work with Tom Rockliff’s missus, would get told a heap of stuff. Always checked what I could share and couldn’t.

I don't see any issue with saying 'prepared to be annoyed'.

I have more issues with others that post after the fact.

We need a genuine ball winning mid first and foremost

We could very well end up with 6 half forwards and backs from that lot

Pick 6iwill slide to 8.

Pick 8 mids left on the table likely to be Lindsay and Langford. And Travagalia who I class as a def / mid.

14 slides to 17 which is a seriously sexy pick and spot in this draft. Something juicy will slide and dont be surpriaed if clubs come knocking on draft night to live trade for that pick.

One of the latest power rankings has Trainor at 16.:eek:

Cooper Hynes 190cm another very solid mid / HFF will be there as will Bo Allen.

26 will end up 28. Moreas ranked at 30. Wing / HHF

So if we were to go pure mids for every pick.

8 Langford / Smillie
14/17 Bo Allen / Cooer Hynes - power rankings had Ried at 18 BTW, GUN mid.
28 Moreas / Davies

Pick 6iwill slide to 8.

Pick 8 mids left on the table likely to be Lindsay and Langford. And Travagalia who I class as a def / mid.

14 slides to 17 which is a seriously sexy pick and spot in this draft. Something juicy will slide and dont be surpriaed if clubs come knocking on draft night to live trade for that pick.

One of the latest power rankings has Trainor at 16.:eek:

Cooper Hynes 190cm another very solid mid / HFF will be there as will Bo Allen.

26 will end up 28. Moreas ranked at 30. Wing / HHF

So if we were to go pure mids for every pick.

8 Langford / Smillie
14/17 Bo Allen / Cooer Hynes - power rankings had Ried at 18 BTW, GUN mid.
28 Moreas / Davies
I'm completely off Smillie. Can't kick to save him self and is a legend in his own lunchbox.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

It what world do Nobel and Richards have any trade value?

Nobel MSD pick left out of their finals and only got a game this season due to huge injury list

Richards is a late 3rd rounder ,played 8 games and Collingwood hadn't offered him a good contract .

Clubs wanting teams to highly overpay this trade period is crazy
Yeah so Collingwood F1 for Houston is about right?

Posters that get intel often can't post it publicly because it'll be clear where it's come from, I've been gagged often. I've received stuff from Monocle which I have been able to verify. He isn't talking shit IMO but can agree the peppering up our own anguses is not great either.

As an Eagles fan I'm simply always prepared we're going to do something stupid.
I’ll be the bearer of bad news. From what it “sounds” like, we are trading Baker for 14 and “more.”

There is a nice little highlights reel of WA's Cody Angove on YouTube, looks a lively type could be a wing option with one of our latter picks 40>

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's a few wing options throughout this draft. Hope we take at least 1 of them. Whether it be tobie early, Davis or moraes mid draft or a couple of other west Aussies including Angove later/rookie

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m expecting a bit of movement today, here are the trades I think we’ll see over the next week and they are all disgusting:

Barrass for 14 and F2
14 for Baker and 24
3 for 6 and 18
My expectations have been lowered enough that I'm not unhappy with those. As long as we don't slide any further than 6.

Go to the draft with 6,18,24. Not great, swapped Baker for Barrass, draft position slightly worse and get a Hawks F2 that apparently holds little value. Got a sinking feeling it's going to be worse though.

I’m expecting a bit of movement today, here are the trades I think we’ll see over the next week and they are all disgusting:

Barrass for 14 and F2
14 for Baker and 24
3 for 6 and 18
Right now with the rumours circulating about us overpaying for Baker I would bite their hand off for this.

Barrass for 14 and F2
14 for Baker and 24
3 for 6 and 18
Would leave us with 6, 18, 24, 26 and a F2.

Pretty gross given all those later picks are gonna get pushed back at least 3-4 picks.
We will be left with 1 top 20 pick.

I'm completely off Smillie. Can't kick to save him self and is a legend in his own lunchbox.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed.

Can see Smillie being the a bit of a slider or even a bust in the top 10 if he goes that high. Questions over his run and spread and ability to reproduce u18 form against adults.

Much better options at our top pick either 3 or 6>8.

Right now with the rumours circulating about us overpaying for Baker I would bite their hand off for this.
I reckon it will be a later pick. That trade sounds like it could have happened if we overpaid for Graham and got them a higher compo pick, which didn't happen for some reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back