List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Ongoing discussions:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:

do we have a pick in the 20-25 range to offer?
We could easily get our hands on some if we wanted.

As soon as we get 14 it needs to be shipped out for 2 early 20s picks and one of them goes for Baker.

Leaves it as Barrass for: Baker, 20-25, and whatever else we get in the Barrass trade (F2 by the looks).

We could easily get our hands on some if we wanted.

As soon as we get 14 it needs to be shipped out for 2 early 20s picks and one of them goes for Baker.

Leaves it as Barrass for: Baker, 20-25, and whatever else we get in the Barrass trade (F2 by the looks).
Sydney have already offered their 19 and 22 for 13. Take those for 14 then put 22 on the table for Baker take it or leave it.

I’m expecting a bit of movement today, here are the trades I think we’ll see over the next week and they are all disgusting:

Barrass for 14 and F2
14 for Baker and 24*
3 for 6 and 18

*was contingent on band 3 compo for Graham

On this as well, this does give us some room to use our picks in the 60s to come in or some future picks to get another top 25 pick this draft.

I want 5 top 40 picks, this gives us 4 in the top 35.

I’m expecting a bit of movement today, here are the trades I think we’ll see over the next week and they are all disgusting:

Barrass for 14 and F2
14 for Baker and 24*
3 for 6 and 18

This is beyond disgusting

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps it is not in WCE best interests to have 2 ex Richmond employees in charge when we are trying to get the best outcome for us in a trade with them (I am not questioning their integrity but they may still have friends there and friends usually don’t screw other friends).

Worsfold has the power to veto any trade decision that Clarke makes, doesn’t he?
Woosha hasnt started yet :(

With absolutely nothing happening I'm not sure if I can give a point to either team so far today.

Still 1-1.

I'm unsure how to score trade targets we didn't get. Like no one here wanted English but it seems the Eagles did? Who gets a point there? So I'll leave them to the side for now.

WC:
In: Baker, 18
Out: Barrass

Freo:
In: Bolton, 23
Out: 10,18,30

GC:
In: Rioli, F2(Haw)
Out: 6,23

Haw:
In: Barrass
Out: 14,F2

Rich:
In: 6,10,14,30
Out: Baker, Bolton, Rioli

is this fair for everyone? GC could match the Lombard bid by trading in future picks on the night if needed/trade 13 for extras if they don’t have enough points. Freo get Bolton and head to the draft with 2 first round picks. Richmond get to head to the draft with 5 picks in the first 30.

With absolutely nothing happening I'm not sure if I can give a point to either team so far today.

Still 1-1.

I'm unsure how to score trade targets we didn't get. Like no one here wanted English but it seems the Eagles did? Who gets a point there? So I'll leave them to the side for now.

How's it only 1-1 when 3 days have past?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC:
In: Baker, 18
Out: Barrass

Freo:
In: Bolton, 23
Out: 10,18,30

GC:
In: Rioli, F2(Haw)
Out: 6,23

Haw:
In: Barrass
Out: 14,F2

Rich:
In: 6,10,14,30
Out: Baker, Bolton, Rioli

is this fair for everyone? GC could match the Lombard bid by trading in future picks on the night if needed/trade 13 for extras if they don’t have enough points. Freo get Bolton and head to the draft with 2 first round picks. Richmond get to head to the draft with 5 picks in the first 30.
Richmond would whinge as its lower than the media is spruiking, but its reasonably fair imo

Barrass for 14 and F2
14 for Baker and 24*
3 for 6 and 18

Lol if it turned out this way I'd melt so hard.

Lose Barrass, turn 3 and 14 into 6, 18 and 24, and gift Richmond two early bites at the top?

How much is a GWS membership?

If Banfield goes at pick 20, and Walley goes at 40, we need 796 points to match bids next year, thats equal to pick 19, or picks 41+42+43+44.
Assuming we keep our f1, we dont need that many picks to make up the difference. Its easily achievable with our 2026 or 2027 picks.
Next year we could just aim to use our 1st rounder and match whoever, potentially only 3 picks used. Split our 1st if we want an extra pick

I hope we at least consider using our 2025 2nd and 3rd rounders to improve our position this year, picks will be less valuable to us in 2 years time

Lol if it turned out this way I'd melt so hard.

Lose Barrass, turn 3 and 14 into 6, 18 and 24, and gift Richmond two early bites at the top?

How much is a GWS membership?
Tassie 2028 is my fallback if all those trades go through. Knowing my luck Clarke will be sacked by then and will be the Tassie list manager for the 2027 draft when he trades pick 1,2 and 3 back to his former employer for a 29 year old Liam Baker who is immediately instilled as the inaugural Tasmania captain and he names club BnF named after him.

How's it only 1-1 when 3 days have past?

Because nothing's happened! 🤣

Bladders bursting all over the place, others shouting "just wait, you'll see!" But the only goals have been Team Yellow's goal when we got bent over by free agency compo pushing our picks back (and no PP), and Team Dry sheets have Woosha to put things right.

Darling for a packet of chips and Graham for free slammed into the post. I'm not giving Team Yellow a point because we didn't get the right pick in the 60s for Darling 👀

I still expect Team Yellow to win and have stocked up on lube for the Baker and Barrass trades.

Last edited:
Sid found plenty of the footy and showcased his elite bust of pace and agility to dodge and weave around tacklers. He was typically fearless in his attack on the game, using his teammates for one two's and linking run to break through defensive lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back