List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping the saints are involved .

It was reported we were speaking to them and the only reason would be they want pick 3

▪︎Wce 3 + 62 for 7 + 14 + owies
This is very close to the pick 2 for 8 and 12 we did 2 years back but this is a stronger draft

▪︎Saints 7 + 8 + 27 for 3 + 12
4 spot upgrade for a 4 spot downgrade + 27

▪︎Carlton 12 + 14 + owies for 8 + 27 + 62
Move up the draft order and pocket picks for the father sons
Carlton is getting pick 3.

There is no trade we are getting involved with to Salvage this all time shit show from you blokes.

Should have sent the hypothetical I posted earlier to your club 😂

Perfect year to bring in players through trades rather the the draft.
Look it is what it is at this point haha. Carroll leaving gives Carlton the assets to get 3 in some sort of reasonable way, unless Young leaves instead.

Actually cancel Carroll.
Carlton buys pick 3 with 6+Kennedy+Young.
Richmond have some mature age players again

Trade our hawks f1 into this year for 18/20 and draft Hynes

Add Travaglia, Hynes, a KPD, Champion, Baker, Graham, Owies and then Culley/Burgiel fight to the death.

There is no trade we are getting involved with to Salvage this all time shit show from you blokes.

What if Carlton buys 7+27 with 12+14+Kennedy? Forget Macrae, Kennedy does the same role, but more versatile.

Carlton then offer us 7+27+Carroll for 3

Idk something along those lines

I know you guys were keen on 13, so you obviously like kids in that bracket, as everybody does though

What if Carlton buys 7+27 with 12+14+Kennedy? Forget Macrae, Kennedy does the same role, but more versatile.

Carlton then offer us 7+27+Carroll for 3

Idk something along those lines

I know you guys were keen on 13, so you obviously like kids in that bracket, as everybody does though
Using our F1.

your current trade that gives Carlton 3 is an all time shit show mate. Wow.

If that deal in Twomey's tweet happens tomorrow then it is official. The club has zero interest in being competitive any time soon and it doesn't deserve our time or money.

If that deal in Twomey's tweet happens tomorrow then it is official. The club has zero interest in being competitive any time soon and it doesn't deserve our time or money.
Twomeys tweet doesnt say that we will hold pick 12 at all. It doesnt even mention it in fact

Mentions Richmond getting 14, us getting Baker, and us splitting 3.

Fits in my mega trade I posted.

Its not all doom and gloom!........ Yet
Well Carltons 2 picks would be ball park for pick 6, so if we assume its 12+14 for 6
Then how does Carlton get from 6 to 3?
Owies worth nothing. Kennedy? Carroll?

West Coast do 3+f2 for 6+Baker
Carl send Carroll to wce for wcef3

Kennedy is worth pick 30ish?
12+14 equal to 6 roughly?

Carlton send 12+14+Kennedy+wcef3 for pick 3 from Richmond?
Rough equivalent value is 6+30+f3 for 3

Eagles - Split 3 and some future picks for 6+baker+depth players. We should get future picks from Barrass to replace what we spend here
In: 6+Baker+Carroll+Owies
Out: 3+f2+f3

Carlton - Get 3 for everything
In: 3
Out: 12+14+Kennedy+Carroll+Owies

Richmond - Get a big body utility/mid, and an extra 1st rounder to diversify their kids in the deep draft.
In: 12+14+Kennedy+wcef2+wcef3
Out: 6+Baker

We take 6+26+Champion in the draft(unless we buy in again with Barrass picks). Add Graham, Baker, Owies and Carroll as depth. Lets us keep Burgiel or Culley, or buy another pick with something from the Barrass deal instead.

Is this roughly even for all parties?

Who says no?

You're a guy posting on the internet. Your hypothetical means nothing to the people making decisions.

The fact you're in here gloating is kind of sad

You go from 7+8 to 8+12+14 while keeping your f1.

Dont worry about what Carlton do after that to get 3 from 7, thats between wce and carlton

Its pretty decent I think
We could keep 7 where Smillie might land or Langford.

I like that more.

We could trade our Future first and 27 to the giants for 15+16.

No value to split 7 or 8
You're a guy posting on the internet. Your hypothetical means nothing to the people making decisions.

The fact you're in here gloating is kind of sad
Not gloating about anything. Been in here chatting for a few days.

Your list management team have buckled. Horrific deal.

We could keep 7 where Smillie might land or Langford.

I like that more.

We could trade our Future first and 27 to the giants for 15+16.

No value to split 7 or 8
Picks 8 and 14 are in the same talent tier. Youll still get a mid at 8, then talls or whatever at 15+16.

Cant see GWS taking your f1+27 for 15+16, you might get one of those picks, but then you dont have a f1 next year.

Idk why im trying to convince you, its honestly a great deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picks 8 and 14 are in the same talent tier. Youll still get a mid at 8, then talls or whatever at 15+16.

Cant see GWS taking your f1+27 for 15+16, you might get one of those picks, but then you dont have a f1 next year.

Idk why im trying to convince you, its honestly a great deal
Hopefully your clubs does a port mate and wakes the **** up before it does something stupid.

Big Hero GIF

With the media posts stating that we are likely to do:

WCE trade pick 3 to Blues for 12, 14, Owies

Hopefully we can extract value by:
WCE trade 14 to Syd for 19, 22, F3 - has been mentioned by foxsports that Sydney has tried to get GC pick 13 and Blues pick 14.

Then get Baker:
WCE trade 19 to Rich for Baker – Ralph stated the value for Baker is between 15 and 20, Clarke mentioned similar.

Stand firm with the Hawks:
WCE trade Barrass, F3 to Hawks for Hawks F1 and Blues

WCE receive: 12, 22, Hawks F1, Blues F1, Baker, and Owies

Then take a risk:

WCE trade F1 and 22 to St Kilda for pick 8 and 27

WCE end up with 8, 12, 23, 27, 63, 68, Hawks F1, Blues F1, Baker, Owies, Graham
WCE lose 3, F1, F3, Barrass

I dont get it. Why would we even trade Pick 3. We're deep in the middle of a rebuild, and need as much genuine young talent as possible.... not Matt Owies and Liam Baker.(both uncontracted)

I will wait until the trade is announced, but splitting 3 for 12/14, and then trading 14 for an uncontracted Baker is absolute madness.

The entire nation watching the Eagles like
IMG_2859.gif

Last edited:
I come in peace.

As a Perth-based Doggies man, I keep a close eye on the Eagles and have been intrigued to see how they plan on navigating their rebuild.

I tend to silently monitor this board on occasion, but am finding it difficult to keep quiet after seeing this absolute dumpster fire of a trade doing the rounds on my socials.

Of course, you guys know the more intricate potential ramifications of this trade better than anyone, so I won’t labour the point. But I’m scratching my head about how this will benefit your boys in the long term - which should really be the main focus given your current situation. Is going back in for one of the Saints picks on the cards?

Regardless, I hope the club comes to its senses before signing off on whatever this is. I do like to see you do well, particularly to rub it in the faces of my smug Docker mates. Best of luck for the rest of the off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back