List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Im 100% sure his welcome will
Be absolutely soured (no fault of his own), and will absolutely cop it from fans due to the nature of this deal.

The Eagles board are just so far up their arse if they dont think that would happen. Fans are too smart to see through their crap
Mm is it no fault of his own ?

Through whatever mechanisms their managers use it was public knowledge that Baker wanted tigers well compensated and that he would go to Freo if need be. I'd say these actions will result in some resentment.

Take bailey smith , it's pretty clear he dgaf about dogs and hence cats can really play hardball.

Bakers hands aren't all that clean imo.

Where theres smoke there fire, but Morris, Cal and Ralph are very consistent

But if this trade goes through as rumoured, i wont be renewing my membership

Wenl could of done 3 to 6 and Baker

**** Saints had better capital and wanted 3

Surely this isn't true, makes no sense. We rejected 14 for Barrass which would of gone to Baker. No we slide from 3.

Doesnt make sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't build with 18year olds only. We already have 20 kids under 21/22. Some of them questionable as to whether they are AFL standard. We will bring in another 4kids this draft and 3-4 next yr. Soon we will be 26 players under 23

And then we have a bunch of 30 year olds with questionable durability.

Baker owes Graham all 26/27 offer a buffer for 3 yrs while the kids develop.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, you recruit them with late picks and keep your top end picks for elite talent.

What the club is doing is the worst possible result imaginable.

He needs to get onto the blower to that campaigner Clarke and tell him if he does the trade, he loses his job. If he can't do that, it's on him too.
He doesnt hold that power. If he did the board would just sack Don Pyke

There is a reason John Worsfold is at the club. Pyke needs more people to side with him and protect him from the board. This is a well known fact and been mentioned by others

The barrass deal either isn't happening or it only for future picks that the club wouldn't be transfer into this year's draft.

If we get 2 first for next year for barrass we have the choice to put our F1 on the table (maybe 6 from GCS) or hold all 3 and go hard for warner.

You don't build with 18year olds only. We already have 20 kids under 21/22. Some of them questionable as to whether they are AFL standard. We will bring in another 4kids this draft and 3-4 next yr. Soon we will be 26 players under 23

And then we have a bunch of 30 year olds with questionable durability.

Baker owes Graham all 26/27 offer a buffer for 3 yrs while the kids develop.

I really like this take. And I agree.

My issue is that the highlight of our last 2-3 years has been the draft because on field performance has been so exponentially dire. And 2/3 of those years we essentially trade out of the top talent, the other year we cop the most compromised draft in history to collect pick 30 as our second pick.
Being a supported is really fricken tough at the moment without much to look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back